1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with Obsessive Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LetsgoBois15, Jun 25, 2021.

1. LetsgoBois15

LetsgoBois15 Fapstronaut

So this is really just a question for anyone whose found themselves suffering from incredibly intrusive and obsessive thoughts. How do you all deal with them?

Background for me - I find myself with this problem whenever approaching new people - particularly ones that I'm interested in. Its like they won't leave my head. I find myself replaying conversations in my head, a voice in my head telling me to go out of my way to talk to them even when its unnecessary, waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because of stupid thoughts like "they didn't say hi to me today" when its literally only because we didn't cross paths. So I gotta admit the last few ones are things that happen when i'm talking to girls I'm interested in. However, the replaying conversations happens constantly no matter who I'm talking to. All these things have been preventing me from really staying in the present and enjoying hats going on in my life.

Do you guys have any suggestion on how to deal with this or any books/resources you can direct me too. I'm going to a new school in the fall and really don't want to deal with this issue again. Thanks in advance:)

2. LetsgoBois15

LetsgoBois15 Fapstronaut

Johnny Mustang likes this.
  3. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Obsessive thoughts stop when obsessive behavior otherwise known as addiction stops.

4. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Addiction causes anxiety because the addicted brain is only producing these kinds of thoughts to make us want to relapse to get what it wants which is an unnatural large amount of dopamine. That leads to more worrying because after the relapse you feel terrible which leads to more obsessive thoughts. It's a vicious circle. The only solution is to quit the addiction.