1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Great tips, really appreciate it! But I am going to train with someone that has been training there and other places for a long time already and he knows a lot about the techniques, so I am not starting on my own and just really taking it slow for now.
    I also want to get comfortable there first, but I am definitely going to talk to a trainer at that gym and take lessons from them.
    Thank you!

2. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

Check in Day 3.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  3. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Hey, I change it through a tab at the top of the screen, it says "update day counter." I mostly use the desktop to get on this site. For the phone, (at least on mine) you can press the "menu" button on the left-hand side of the screen and it should give you a bunch of options. One of those options should be to "update day counter." Hope this helps.

4. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Day 1!

Had a kinda depressing unmotivating day yesterday. Got some things done... but not everything I wanted. Hopefully, today will be better.

5. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

6. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

I feel a little :D you know(cause is normal)... things like this are out our control , that is reason why can't be a reset and as you say is what you do next that become a reset, relapse or sucess.

7. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 46
    All normal really , no triggers , less urges

8. Mr. R

Mr. R Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey Bro doing great but sometimes the struggle can feel overwhelming.. How are you?

9. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

I'm back home now from the countryside, and I haven't been able to log in here to check in. Sorry about that, should have prepared everything with passwords on the phone, etc. before going.

Anyways, I'm on 26 days now. I have been with my friends everyday, from the moment I woke up in the morning to the moment I fell asleep during the night, which have made it impossible to relapse. Not the most healthy living the past days though, I have slept way too little, not exercised, eating unhealthy food, and drinking alcohol everyday. But now when I'm home I can get back on track living life normally again ;)

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Not too bad ,the weather of monotonous cloudy-rainy sky with no wind caused my brain to go into a lethargic state where i just couldn't make myself do something useful mentally, so I had about 2 hours of PT instead and now head cleared quite significantly. Felt some silly cold symptoms through the day but after workout and cold shower they are all gone :). I go now and eat
    ;)

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Wow such a big sacrifice for the sake of keeping your friends.;)
    But you are not a stranger to JOMO, are you?
    JOMO is an acronym standing for the expression joy of missing out, and it simply refers to the gratifying feeling you get when you break away from the (real or virtual) activities of your social group and spend time doing exactly what you most want to do

12. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

End of day 3. Was definitely harder than the first 2 days. Started having thoughs questioning why I'm doing it. Thinking it's not healthy tongo a long period of time without O. Was able to keep myself in check though.

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Actually it's wrong if you enjoy looking at it and get the feeling of excitement while doing so. The best thing to do is to close that book and do not open it again. To find out the view of bible on looking on nakedness and what kind of punishments were prescribed for doing it read the third book of Moses.
    And just have a look to what length your brain went to tempt you by sticking that image in front of your eyes through the pages of a book about music! ;)

14. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 1 - Orc

Here again for the next week, and I intend to advance to Urak-Hai again before long. I was up all night until 6:30AM as I was unable to fill my night meds last night, so I did not take them. They will be filled tonight. I slept until 11:30AM so about 5 hours of sleep total. It was a restless sleep, but I find that I sleep better with the light of day than the dark of night. Not sure why. I never considered myself to be afraid of the dark, and yet, when I have insomnia from missing my meds, I am absolutely terrified. I did break my promise to myself about no media after 7PM. In fact I was on Youtube from about 1AM to 6:15AM trying to distract from the terror of the dark. Not healthy by any means and kind of risky, especially since I saw triggering stuff. Learned about some German military tech though, as for a brief moment of deliriousness, I went to search this one gamer woman, who is attractive, mistyped her name and learned about the German military. A blessing to say the least. I did not do more searching after that. Heck, I do not even recall all that I searched and watched. A lot of comedy videos and social critique videos. Not the sort I have found triggering in the past. Still very risky, and I intend to hold to my "no devices rule" after 7PM from this day forward. That means no email, no social media, no games, or anything of that sort. Just me and some quiet time with a gratitude journal and a book.

Tomorrow is a new day when I rise and start another week of work.

Best,
    Mathman1994

15. Aristophanes01

Aristophanes01 Fapstronaut

@rise to Greatness Bro I mentioned few days back might have skipped the message but I am a Hobbit now almost going to be elf, and I wish you could come up the ranks with me together :), also. Could you tell me how to tag someone in a post here? Thanks bye :D

16. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

18. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

19. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. A good day getting things done and seeing some friends at a kid’s birthday party. Always love watching my son play among other kids. A busy week ahead prepping for a long trip while also working and solo-dad in 100+ degree heat, but I got this. Be well everyone!