1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Checking in for continued support.

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

Eleven days and still doing well. I woke this morning with a sexual dream that was quite appealing, and the thought lingered for awhile but did not take hold or cause arousal. I do not get on here a lot. I am busy with college and my interenet is spotty, but thank you being here for support.

Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Romans 6 23

Romans 6 23 Fapstronaut

Praying for you brother

Neil4jesus likes this.
  3. Matthew Jacob

Matthew Jacob New Fapstronaut

Praying for you.

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

WalktheLine likes this.
  4. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

Unfortunately this verse has brought more guilt than encouragement in my life mostly. I have often not been able to find a way out. I am always leery of a single verse that is taken as an independent principle, because there is always more to consider. But, that is a discussion for another time.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    WalktheLine likes this.
  5. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

I was encouraged this morning by the dream that I awoke with as opposed to the dream yesterday. I was back in high school looking forward to a date with this girl that I had a crush on when I was in elementary school, before PMO. This is indicating that I am successfully sublimating and reprogramming my lust back to a state of innocence. Yea, I’m still early in this program, but I have been in this struggle for a long time. So I’m encouraged by this.

LyarTheTruth likes this.
  6. There is always a way out. For me, I mainly did not care to actually find it. And, when I thought I did, I quickly realized how difficult that way would be, and I chose not to take it.

Even though I slapped God's helping hand away over and over again for 30 years, he never gave up on me and he never stopped loving me. Then, when I was ready to receive his help, I was glad to know there was still a way open to me.

I pray it will be the same with you!

7. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

Of there was always a way out, I couldn’t always find it, but that is the past and I’m focused on the future.

Tao Jones likes this.
  8. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

I am still making it. Strange how our brains see the world as what is sexual and what is not. Anyway, I just stay aware and focus on Jesus. I have been under a lot of strees with a big paper to finish for school today. I am 57 yo and in a program for a master's degree in psychology. The current class is Health Psychology and we are discussing in the forums how to change unhealthy behaviors. I mentioned my desire, and struggle, to quit M and of course got no discussion about it. Everyone talks about eating, but PMO is just not something people talk about. I was never even really allowed to talk about it in therapy. But I can talk about it here and the Holy Spirit brought me here just for that reason.

Tao Jones likes this.
  9. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2021
    Neil4jesus likes this.
  10. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

I am still here and still ... Mostly, I am not considering going back. But there are moments when the thought arises. It is like when I quit smoking the last time though, it just felt like that is the last of it. I do not remeber my last PMO, even though it has only been two weeks. I remember my first MO and will likely never forget that, but it did not even have anything to do with lust the first time, it was just my body became full of a desire I did not understand and someone had mentioned to me once about ... I won't add detail, but it was just a physical thing. The problem was it felt really good, and I had had sexual experiences earlier in life before O was possible. It was almost immediate that I made the connection in my mind and the desire/action/guilt cycle became a part of my life. Sex became everything to me for so long, and I acted in ways that caused me guilt, shame, and eventually legal troubles. I learned to turn it all inward to fanatsy so that there was no effect in my life or other people's lives, but the guilt remained. Now, I can finally be free of the fanatasy and guilt too. This might be revealing too much, so ostracize me if you must; the Holy Spirit is the true guide that will lead me to the other shore. Maybe this is not the place to discuss anything outside the PMO domain regarding sex. But I expect people here may understand that part of it too.

11. Please feel welcome to discuss whatever is helpful to you on your journey toward Christ.

Of course, it is a lie to say that there is no effect on ourselves or others when we let fantasy burn up our minds. Lust in all forms has a devastating effect on our ability to relate to others. It isolates us and destroys our ability to know intimacy of any kind. But, I think you know this, since you are committed to shunning even fantasy now.

Why do you feel you would be ostracized here? You have not said or done anything to warrant that, afaik.

LyarTheTruth and Neil4jesus like this.
  12. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

Crazy, it was my cat that tempted me now. Being very affectionate and crawling around on my lap the physical contact on my genitals got me aroused. And once I was aroused there was the temptation to touch myself. I do not know if this is how sublimation works, but I am thinking, "what can I use the energy for instead", and I thought of my back and hips that have been hurting really bad lately, interfering with my ability to work out. So, I decide I will redirect the energy consciously into healing my back and hips and I focus my mind on this region and the pain, rather than on my genitals and the pleasure of arousal that I was feeling. It did not take long for the arousal to subside in this way. So I remained focused on the goal. Only time will tell if the healing will take place. Thanks again for being here.

And, yes, TaoJones, I do understand that the fanatasy has an effect on ourselves and others, I was speaking relatively, compared with an active pursuit of satisfaction through other people. Thanks.

Tao Jones likes this.
  13. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I share your skepticism about single bible verses excerpted from the body of a more extensive discourse/thought. It is always enlightening to read the text on either side of a bible quote to get the full context. I am thankful that given the capabilities of online bibles today, it is almost effortless to look up a reference and read more.

Yesterday, in the Catholic forum I read the account of a man who has successfully fought the temptations of PMO for over six years. Among other things, whenever he is tempted he prays and focuses intently on Jesus. Most importantly, he doesn't stop praying until the fervor of the temptation has passed. In his words, "would you stop fighting someone who is trying to abuse you after twenty seconds or would you fight on till he/she was gone?"

XandeXIV and Tao Jones like this.
  14. Neil4jesus

Neil4jesus Fapstronaut

This will probably seem strange but I have prayed and used PMO, while I was praying, and while I was having a conversation with Jesus, who was quite accepting of me even within the midst of it.

Today, I had a trigger, and tonight I was tempted to touch myself, but when I talked to Jesus this time, his response was "you made this commitment to do this and I am going to help you honor that", so I am holding strong after 17 days, not much compared to you, but it is where I am. Anf Jesus is with me, as he always is.

Tao Jones likes this.
  15. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

CONGRATULATIONS! You successfully resisted that temptation with the grace of Our Precious Lord. I know the Father is smiling at your achievement.

Please do not consider me as achieving something greater due to the number of days I have so far managed. There are many who have achieved much more. Frankly, I must be one of the worst sinners frequenting this forum. I have only encountered one other here who committed this sin for 50 years as I have. I regret all of the years I wasted in this way. In incredible divinity, beyond human understanding, Our Precious Lord rescued me and used my sin as a means to bring me closer to the Father. I am truly blessed and most undeserving of the grace I have received. I pray the Lord will bless you tens times as much as He has blessed me.

16. There is only one day that ever matters in recovery: TODAY. :)

I've had that experience of conversing with Christ while in the very lowest points of my sin and shame. He never left me. He never shunned me. There is truly no love anywhere else like this. There is truly no one else who deserves to be called Lord.

It is his love for us and his view of us that, if we embrace it for ourselves, will change us from within. Nothing else can accomplish this.

CPilot and XandeXIV like this.