1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel like there is no point in waking up?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Verhart, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

I don't really believe in depression, but from time to time I get those moments in my life when everything seems just hopeless for no apparent reason. Just like now.

Let me give you a little background: it's summer break. I'm in the best shape of my life, nofap is going great, I can do what I want for the whole day, sun is shining, I was camping with my friends this weekend. Everything should be perfect. But it isn't.

I spent the last three days lying in my bed, I don't even have the motivation to do my workouts. And if you would ask me why, I could not anwser. It's like somewhere inside of me there is a nest of sadness placed and it releases small doses of that hopless feelings.

I'm concious it's pathetic and as a man I should be able to deal with my shit, just say fuck it and take action. Hell, I absolutely know what I should do, but I see no point of doing it. Like I lost the reason, you know? It even took my hours to get up and write this post.

I sometimes wish I could live in the blissful arogance the people around me live in. I mean just playing games/watching TV/hanging out for the whole day and being content with it. I feel like I've matured way too soon and it took away the joy from me. I always have that voice in my head. Everytime I'm not doing something useful it just reminds me that I'm wasting time. Time time time. Success. And I'm getting overwhelmed. I'm diffrent than others. I know I have noone to talk to about this, none would understand. I need to deal with it alone. I could talk to my mother, but she has too much problems right now. But... I just figured out I'm not alone, I have you guys. And the idea that just one person will read this, just this one person will share my sadness gave me power. It took me an hour to write this and at the beginning of that hour I was seriously hopeless. Thank you for listening, I needed it. I needed someone who would like to listen.

The sun is there, we just need to get far enough to see it.

[​IMG]

JustADude and AlltheRageBackHome like this.
  2. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

Feel exactly like you. Since my last romance failed i dont see any reason to get up. I felt better before and could do stuff. Right now i just sleep till 15:00 and dont see a reason to wake up earlier even tho i have a schedule and very important things to do.
    I also dont know what to do against it. I have made myself a schedule 2 weeks ago. Which i just dont care about anymore. What is the reason in all this? The only reason for me is love. i figured that out again. I have hobbys and my purpose to become my best-self. Stil... there is no greater motivator than love besides sex. It is just depressing for me that i only meet crazy woman. before heartbreak i also had days like you very much. Why get up?For the hope that someday i can be happy with someone?I know everyone here says you have to love yourself and be happy alone. I love myself and i know how to be alone. But after a certain time you just get frustrated and pissed off that you dont have a woman.

NoBrainer and JustADude like this.
  3. This is pretty much my life all the time. Don't get me wrong. I'm not depressed, but there's a scripture in the Bible that says: "With more knowledge comes more sorrow". I'm not religious by the way, but do believe that the Bible has some solid things in there. The whole book of Ecclesiastes in the bible talks about what you feel. I encourage you to read it.

The more you begin to see things for what they are, the more you begin to see how most things are just vanity.

I've always felt like I was different from everyone else. I've been going through this same shit in my brain since I was 16. I'm now 26. I never saw the logical point, ever, of having "close friends". I felt like it was a waste of time. I've never necessarily been "anti social". I do like talking with people and I've never suffered from social anxiety to any extent, but I find the idea of meeting up with "pals" to go to bars every weekend repulsive. I find no logical reason to do these things and I genuinely find no joy in having big groups of friends. I've always been quite mature, and people have always told me that I'm ahead of my time and that I have wisdom beyond my years. I've always been pretty independent. Whenever I'm invited out, I usually decline and would rather spend time alone doing something "more productive".

It is driven by society that it's important to have friends, but I completely disagree. A lot of friendships bring drama, and I've found that most people cannot be trusted or are too insecure to place any type of trust within them in the first place. I'd rather just be alone instead of being inconvenienced. Almost everyone I interact with in real life would rather just engage in small talk, or mundane, brainless things, instead of deep conversations filled with depth.

For the longest time, I have even been questioning the whole point of what we call Ambition. Don't get me wrong. I have goals, and I'd consider myself quite ambitious, but at the end of the day, what is it all for? Is it just to be another zombie, another bouncing head caught up in the rat race? Another bag of meat controlled by the powers that be? I even recently left my 9-5 job. I completely refuse to be controlled or a part of this system any more. I have removed myself from it completely and have decided to give myself full time to my writing. I want to be a screen writer, so that is what I'm going to do. Nothing else.

Even with my screen writing, no matter how much I love Film, the question of ambition continues to plague my brain. I still don't understand it. What fuels ambition? Is it money, a big house, women? To be frank, all of those things are bull shit to me. It's pointless. Once we're dead, none of those things will fucking matter... We are all just running around like spiders trying to fill voids, fears and insecurities within us. I refused to be in a cage, I refused to live in fear by doing a 9-5 job that I fucking hated.

My film stuff, my "passion", if you will, is pretty much one of the only things that keeps me going in this life. I don't have any doubts that I'm going to make it big one day. I'm not even saying that to boast or anything pointless like that. I just believe that one must believe in themselves, after all, who else is going to believe in me?

These days I'm questioning why I do most things, if I'm honest with you.

Oh, and I forgot to mention nofap. Nofap and my work are the only things I have in this life. I'm sick and tired of trying to find the perfect woman, and I'm sick and tired of trying to shape my life around women. I'm done with it all. I will only focus on my own self from now on. When I'm rich, it will just be me in my lavish home. Don't need a woman to keep me entertained. All of that sexual energy I can transmute into other things and become a genius through all the sexual energy being transmitted to my brain.

4. It is us who attract certain types of women because of our own emotional injuries, bro. Law of attraction is something that comes from the soul, not the mind. Every single interaction and event that happens in our life is created by us. We attract what we desire, on the soul level. Nothing is an accident.

Whatever happens in our lives, we created it because at that moment that is what we desired. So if you've met crazy women, that's because you wanted it, bro. I know that might be hard to hear, but it's true. I can say the same for myself as well, concerning one girl I dated in the past. At the soul level, that was what I wanted at the time. We attract certain types of relationships dependent on our own emotional injuries. We attract it.

Your mind will try to intellectualise it and say "No, I want a girl who is just normal and emotionally healthy", but remember, what your soul wants is what matters. If your emotions are not healed on the soul level, it will attract the exact state your own soul condition is in.

Our lives are a reflection of our unhealed emotions on the soul level.

If you get pissed off and frustrated that you don't have a woman, then I'm sorry, but you are not yet content being alone. You have to love yourself enough that you don't feel needy for a woman any longer. We don't "need" a woman.

NoBrainer likes this.
  5. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

Indeed women(or rather lack of them) are there. It hurt me pretty much this weekend. God, I even had a dream about being with that girl and I woke up with a smile... until I realised what the truth is.

There is a proverb saying: 'Living well is the best revenge.' I know that one day I will be on the top and I will be desired. At least this is my fuel now - anger, rejection and vanity. I don't even understand why I so deeply want to be better than others, it shouldn't matter for me. I know that being 'better' won't bring me hapiness and yet when I think about my motives it goes down to this.

I've just read an inspiring article, hope it will help you: Eye of the tiger

@AlltheRageBackHome 'With more knowledge comes more sorrow' Exactly! I've realised that knowledge gives huge power, but it's also a curse. How happy are those who don't know! It remembers me of this choice:
    [​IMG]
    One is easy, one is worth it.

Philip1990 likes this.
  6. The trick is, to just allow yourself to feel every single emotion that passes through you, in it's entirety. Whether the emotion is pleasurable or painful. Let the emotions take it's course in your body. Once you feel them, they will exit and not come back.

There's no reason to feel anger or anything else towards women. It is their free will to reject, to say no. Just the same way we also have free will to do what we want and express ourselves in whatever manner we feel.

Allow yourself to go deep into that hurt. Process the emotion and watch the magic that happens. When we process an emotion, it brings peace because the emotion can finally exit our system. What will also happen is that your law of attraction will begin to change as well. If we can work through our error based emotions and heal, the events in our lives will also continue to change.

Our lives are a reflection of our own soul condition and unhealed emotions.

7. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

"If you get pissed off and frustrated that you don't have a woman, then I'm sorry, but you are not yet content being alone. You have to love yourself enough that you don't feel needy for a woman any longer. We don't "need" a woman."

Agree we dont need them to survive. But we need them to complete us. Humans are not made to be alone. Also "law of attraction" i am not crazy bro and i dont have anything in common with that woman besides that we have interesting topics to talk about.
    Thats why i dont contact her. I am not needy. I am just sad it didnt work out.

"Whatever happens in our lives, we created it because at that moment that is what we desired. So if you've met crazy women, that's because you wanted it, bro." <- I have never heard something so stupid. I met her, we talked and hooked up turns out she is crazy and i wanted that? Bullshit. There are some humans here that need help and your broscience doesnt belong here.

"Imagine a world without woman. Without sex and love. -> Aint possible so stop telling me we dont need woman."

"once you feel the emotions they will not come back" -> dude.... thats even bigger bullshit.
    "if we can work through our error based emotions and heal , the events in our lives will also continue to change" -> Yeah when we stop being sad things get better. maybe write in a style that leaves no room
    for interpretation and everyone can understand.

You level of broscience is out of scale. You really get me mad. I liked what you wrote in my journal but what you wrote here?
    doesnt help anyone.

8. See, you don't understand, and all you are is just clouded by aggression (as usual). Did I say that it means you are crazy? No, I didn't... We attract certain types of relationships due to our own unhealed emotions. It does NOT mean you are crazy like she is. It means that there is something in yourself that attracted her into your life for a reason... There is an unhealed emotion that you need to allow yourself to work through.

You are angry, because you do not understand what I am trying to say, at all. You are jumping to conclusions. Instead of doing that, try asking questions so that I can clarify to you exactly what I mean.

For example, the type of emotion that could have caused you to attract this type of woman, is that perhaps there's an emotion in your soul that causes you to feel unworthy towards women. Most of the time, there are emotions in us that we do not even know or recognise in the first place. This is not fucking bro science. Do you honestly think that things in life just happen for no reason? Law of attraction at the soul level is real. It doesn't mean you're crazy. The law of attraction brings events into our lives so that we can grow from them and then figure out why we attracted certain things into our lives.

When I say that we don't need women. Didn't you notice that I put it in quotes.......? "Need". The emotion of "need" is in error. If one is "needy" for something, there is error there. We should be self sufficient. Whether you do not believe this or not, I honestly do not care, but every single person has a soul mate. One person you were created to be with. One. Your desire to enter a relationship is fuelled by a desire within yourself to meet your soul mate, but you do not even realise it.

Until you detox from the lies that are pushed by society, you'll never even begin to fathom what I am saying to you. You can get pissed off all you want. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

You are misquoting what I am saying, over and over again. Also, do not knock what you haven't tried.

If you've never done this before in your life, then you cannot prove it to be wrong. It's called emotional processing. Did I say you wouldn't be sad again? No, I didn't, so don't misquote me. I said, it starts by processing every single emotion that you feel 24/7, whether the emotion is pleasurable or painful.

Yes, of course it's possible to never be sad again. You could never believe this because you believe the lies that are pushed by society. You are so difficult to talk to Philip. I give up with you. Do what the fuck you want.

Philip, just because you cannot wrap your head around something, does not prove it to be false.

Raise a logical argument instead of trying to sound cool by labelling this "bro science". Prove it wrong. Until you can do that, I win this debate. I'm sorry.

PROVE to me why it's "bull shit" instead of just labelling as bull shit like some 5 year old. Learn how to prove people wrong. Learn how to maturely carry a debate. We're not 5 years old, we're adults, so talk like one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  9. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

Life is beautifully complicated. We should all do ourselves a favor and stop talking about absolutes and black/white.

I find myself lacking motivation every once in a while. Lucky for me, I don't have the option of laying in bed all day. I have to get up and at least do the minimum to take care of my family.

I have a recommendation. When you all get in one of those moods, go downtown and feed a homeless person. Helping others will lift your soul.

10. But there ARE universal laws, bro, whether we want to believe that are not. You can try to prove them wrong if you want to. It's about even sometimes just using something as small as logic to see if there is error in a particular "theory" or not. I'm not bothered if it comes across as though I speak in black and white.

I'm willing to challenge and have a friendly debate with anyone concerning what I have come to know about the universe and how everything is governed from the soul level. Our own lives are already proof of this.

11. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

Its still everything bro science. Atleast you put some effort in it now so anyone can understand. I dont give a shit if you "win" this debate
    And i dont give a shit if you get angry ->which you seem to be because you insult me xD (makes you a man tho)

There is still no proofs and there will never be for your explanations. And if you write in a style that leaves room for interpretation you should be prepared for wrong conclusions.
    But maybe you left them open to be right. Some people justify this being content alone stuff so they dont feel like shit being alone. Let me tell you this : It is okay to be alone yeah. But not for an overextend amount of time.
    Humans are not made for that. Fact. We need love. We need sex. Otherwise you just become depressed and frustrated.

We have two different viewpoints. Yours is based on broscience and mine is based on common sense which cant be denied.

mimimimimi.

12. You got angry first, mate. All I did was reply in the exact type of tone you did to me. You get angry on many posts, Philip. It's not an unusual occurrence.

Tell me exactly what I have said that doesn't imply common sense. Tell me. Show me what I said.

Your comments are all over the place and there is no order to them at all.

Did I deny once that humans need love? No, I didn't. Exactly. Again, you are missing the point of what I am trying to say.
    I'm talking about the NEEDY emotions behind our desires. Being needy leads to all kinds of chaotic situations.

Philip, this is not about proof. You ARE an emotional being. We were created to be. We were created to look at our emotions and get to know ourselves on a soul level, to look deep and see exactly where each emotion comes from, and then work on it. Are you telling me one needs proof for this?

I'll give you an example.

Why do most women in physically abusive relationships usually attract the same type of relationships and the same types of men? There's a reason for this, and you see it all the time. Is it possible that something within her own soul is attracting these men and these same events?
    There's an unhealed emotion inside of her, from the soul level that is causing her to bring these men into her life. There is an unhealed belief that she has about herself that is causing her to attract these men.

Usually, the unhealed belief and emotion inside of her is that she feels unworthy to to be in a healthy relationship. Until she looks at that emotion of unworthiness and heals it, she will never ever be able to attract a healthy man into her life. She needs to allow herself to literally grieve and cry over the fact that feels unworthy. By doing this, she releases the emotion and then she can attract different, and more healthier events into her life.

Our emotions at the soul level attract every single experience and event into our lives. It doesn't have to proven, Philip. Our lives are literally showing us this all the time. Just open your eyes. The fact that you call this "bro science" is laughable and brainless at best.

Once you heal your neediness towards women and towards love, that is when you'll attract a healthy relationship. If you don't want that, continue to hold onto your anger and unhealed emotions. But hey, you know everything already don't you.

13. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

"brainless at best" "but hey you know everything already dont you"
    "you got angry first" You get angry on many posts, Philip. It's not an unusual occurrence."
    "Your comments are all over the place and there is no order to them at all." I dont care :D

If you want to win a debate then give some proof.
    I see what you are saying its still broscience. If these people stay in those relationships its their faults and they actually like those relationships.

"Why do most women in physically abusive relationships usually attract the same type of relationships and the same types of men? There's a reason for this, and you see it all the time. Is it possible that something within her own soul is attracting these men and these same events?There's an unhealed emotion inside of her, from the soul level that is causing her to bring these men into her lives. There is an unhealed belief that she has about herself that is causing her to attract these men.
    Usually, the unhealed belief and emotion inside of her is that she feels unworthy to to be in a healthy relationship. Until she looks at that emotion of unworthiness and heals it, she will never ever be able to attract a healthy man into her life.
    Our emotions at the soul level attract every single experience and event into our lives. It doesn't have to proven, Philip. Our lives are literally showing us this all the time."

Yeah maybe they attract those. One must have enough self-respect to leave those.

"Once you heal your neediness towards women and towards love, that is when you'll attract a healthy relationship. If you don't want that, continue to hold onto your anger and unhealed emotions. But hey, you know everything already don't you."

IAM SO ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AND I KNOW EVERYTHING. AND I AM SAD QUITE OFTEN. I WANT LOVE. I WILL NEVER ATTRACT A HEALTHY WOMAN :(((( funny.

14. Philip, but you've just proven it yourself without even realising it. You said it's their own fault for staying in it. EXACTLY. Remember what I was talking about concerning desire? We literally create what we desire, at the soul level.

Philip, our mind could be saying that we want a healthy relationship, but the soul is what matters. Our soul is what makes the final decision in the end. Why? Because the soul is where all of our unhealed emotions are in the first place. Our unhealed emotions are not in the mind. It doesn't matter if your mind says you want this or you want that. Do you get what I mean?

Who in their right mind would want to continue in an abusive relationship? No one, right? In her mind, she doesn't want to be in one, but in her soul, she has unhealed emotions about unworthiness, so she stays in the relationship anyway. It is her unworthiness emotion that attracts these men, even though in her mind she wants something different. I am proving all of this to you right now within everything I am saying. It is up to you if you want to see it or not. It is what it is. This is the proof.

If someone stays in a relationship with a crazy woman, then that is what they desire, therefore, they also helped attract it into their life. There are all kinds of reasons why we attract certain types of women into our lives. For example, one of my reasons for attracting a crazy girl I dated, because there was (not any more) an unhealed emotion inside of me that makes me want to fix my girlfriends. Because of the emotion to want to fix, it means I attract a woman who needs to be fixed. Make sense?
    This is not bro science, it's logic. It is truth.

Your own reason for attracting your ex girlfriend might be different from mine. They do not have to be the same reasons, but the reasons are there. You don't have to believe it, but just is the way it is. I mean, look at your whole life and you will see that this is true.

We create our own situations through our unhealed emotions and beliefs about ourselves.

Back when I attracted my crazy ex girlfriend, I was not a very healthy person in terms of emotion, so it is so easy to see why I had attracted her in the first place. It's really not rocket science when you think about it, man.

15. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

I was like that once because i had no options and i rather stay in that fucked up relationship. Also i had no sense of worth for myself it was always around her.
    But i dont want this again and i know i cant fix her (talking about my english teacher you know the story). It would take tremendous amounts of time and i would lose myself in the
    process. Its hard for me to not contact her. But thats normal i guess. I would love to have a girlfriend man. But i dont want to take whats left. A psycho relationship again?Hell no..

I really dont want it man. If you are right then i should meet a healthy woman soon because i dont want to be in a relationship for the sake of a relationship.
    I want a woman that treats me well. I really want it badly. Life without woman aint very nice. But life with crazy woman aint better.

That is really hard to believe man especially with no proof or science about that. If i would use your theory i would attract a nice woman
    soon because i recently got self-value and said no to myself keeping up with this shit.

Well anyway. I like your theory. It just doesnt make sense to me.
    I would like to read some science or proofs about that. If there is none then it is just a theory.
    But maybe it is a good believe. We have a choice what to believe. And if that believe helps me it aint bad then.

16. I understand, man. This is hard to believe because it is so simple. It is us as humans who over complicate things all the time. We cannot believe what society says to us, man. It is all bull shit.

When I began to learn all of this stuff, I was honestly mind blown. It made so much fucking sense and I felt so free. I started to realise that my whole entire life all along had been dictated by my unhealed emotions in the soul.

You see, you just said it. You said you had no sense of worth around her. It is the unworthiness emotion that caused you to attract a girl like her. I'm just trying to help you bro. This is all hard to understand, only because you have never heard anything like this before. I can provide you with all the links through inbox, but you can test it out for yourself just like I have in real life. I have shown you through examples of your own life and through the example of the abusive relationship. I could give hundreds more examples. I can show you how I came to learn these things, but it would need you to be VERY open minded.

Science does not teach this, because science has not yet fully come to understand the significance of the soul and how powerful it is. You have to understand that you are not a body of just flesh. You ARE a soul. The body is just a coat, a mask. You're soul, man. A brilliant source of energy with it's own unique personality and desires. No one else is like you. Your body is just used as a vehicle to express your soul. You need a body to physically survive in this earthly realm due to gravity. Your body is not your identity.

Now, can you see how the soul is the purpose of life and how your own individual life is governed by your soul desires? People think they are JUST a body. This is where we go wrong, and this is where confusion comes into play.

Remember I was telling you in your thread the other day that many have the idea of true spirituality... Well, what I'm telling you is true spirituality, and science hasn't always caught up to that. If you really wan to know how I came to know these things, ask me to inbox you, but it will be hard to accept. I'm not going to lie. You're either going to call it bull shit, or you'll believe it.

It doesn't currently make sense, because I haven't gone deep enough yet concerning the soul, and what it actually means. Think about this as well. Where do emotions actually come from? Literally, ask yourself this question right now... They don't come from your mind, so where else? The soul.

When you feel happy, sad, angry etc... These are all soul based emotions.

The soul is an energy and so are emotions. This is why you can sometimes literally feel what others are feeling. All that's happening is that you are feeling their soul energy and their emotions. The more a person heals their own emotions, the more you'll be able to feel another persons emotions, very accurately. This is another thing that you can test for yourself as well. As you can see, I have been able to feel your emotions pretty accurately and describe them to you. Have you noticed that? I can feel your pain and I know exactly why you attracted your previous relationship. I said "unworthy" for a reason, because I could feel that this is the same emotion that comes from you. It's okay, I do not judge.

I stopped contacting my ex girlfriend because I now understand that me doing so would only be out of emotional addiction. I came to understand that she has complete free will. I cannot interfere with that.

Until all of our emotions are completely healed towards the opposite sex, we cannot attract our soul mate.
    Yes, if you want to, you can go out there and have relationships with as many women as you wish, but they will all end someday if it is not your soul mate. Every single relationship that you encounter will have an expiry date, if it isn't with your soul mate. I can promise you that 110%

The whole universe is governed around the soul. You do have a soul mate and it will be the best relationship you've ever come to know, but your soul mate cannot enter your life until you heal some emotions.

Everything is governed around our emotions bro. I haven't met my soul mate yet because there are still emotions that I need to work on. I've had many relationships within this time, but they all end, because I still realise that none of those girls were my soul mate.

Sometimes we enter relationships to cover feelings of loneliness or pain. These are called addictive relationships. Relationships should develop from a place of emotional wholeness and nothing else.

As you see, I could write and write about this for days. I am happy to answer any questions man. I know this is hard to take in. It's hard because we have been lied to all of our lives. Nothing in the universe is random as some would like to believe. There is an order to it and there are laws in place.

17. Wow! You guys have a lot of free time.

OP, once you start working and paying bills, the complacency you're feeling pretty much disappears. If you're on your own paying your own rent, there's really no time to spend hour upon hour on this website or any other time-sink. There are high school and college kids out there earning a living, banging chicks, making connections and cultivating and refining the skills they'll need for the rest of their lives.

That's one thing that doesn't get discussed enough on this forum - the importance of money and working. People on this site like to believe that women are attracted to a personality and muscles and all this other stupid shit. But the truth is if you're living with your parents or are otherwise dependent on someone, you're not a real man. Women want real men, not boys.

NoBrainer likes this.