1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm at spiritual crossroads again.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. I'm interested in becoming Roman-Catholic, but I am also interested in freemasonry as well I'm interested in both but since the Church condemns freemasonry I'm not sure I can become either. So I would like some guidance as to what to do.

2. I think you already know what to do, whether you will do it is up to you.

Our entire life is a series of Jesus or Satan choices. The two are incompatible with each other. Choose wisely.

Please pray for me.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

How incredibly valuable a soul is! God sent His Only Begotten Son to be tortured and killed by humans so that we may see how to return our souls to heaven. Imagine how valuable a soul must be if God determined this was a fair price to pay! You and your soul are incredibly valuable to God. Clearly, Catholicism, when practiced with understanding and dedication, will lead you to heaven. Isn't any price you have to pay, such as giving up the free masons, worth it?

Anywherewithyou and Keli like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

"The Catholic faith is like a lion in a cage. You don't need to defend it, you only need to open the cage door." Bishop Fulton Sheen

again, Dioplleo_547 and Keli like this.
  5. I highly suggest that you go to the nearest Catholic church and attend Mass there. I want you to see the beauty of it, after all, beauty resides in truth. As long as you do not participate in the communion, I am sure that you are allowed to participate on it.
    Freemasonry and Catholicism is mutually exclusive. So, picking the right thing is absolutely necessary. I believe you must choose to be a Catholic since Catholicism is much more objective. Christianity, particularly Catholicism, spent its life striving in search for the Truth. Freemasonry is a deistic, "co-existentialist", organization, which was (and still is) condemned by the Church for its ambiguous, heretical, and occult practices and rituals.
    May the Holy Spirit enlighten your mind. Keep safe. Pax Christi.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2021
    Hero25 and Dioplleo_547 like this.
  6. patmandu5555

patmandu5555 Fapstronaut

I agree except I’d advise looking for a traditional Catholic church as opposed to merely the nearest Catholic church.

7. I actually would have suggested it but I thought OP might get overwhelmed by the Latin. But since you already mentioned it, patmandu is right, OP. The Traditional Latin Mass offers the best of the solemnity and sacredness of the Mass.

Another thing, you should also pray the common prayers of the church. The Rosary, Divine Mercy, Jesus Prayer (common amongst Eastern Catholic/Orthodox circles), novenas, etc.

After that, if your country conducts Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) or something similar to that, you might wanna attend those too. If your country doesn't have that, there are many resources online about the faith. Ascension Presents, Brian Holdsworth, or Matt Fradd in YouTube for example. If you have more questions, DM us or post a new thread.

I hope you will do well in your journey. Peace.

Dioplleo_547 likes this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I attended blessed adoration followed by mass with my wife. What a fantastic feeling I received! I confess that my mind often wanders during the Liturgy of the Eucharist but yesterday it was if I was hearing the words for the first time. When the priest reverently transformed the host and the wine into the body and blood of Christ, I was stirred by the presence of Our Blessed Lord. Whereas I do love the reverence of High Mass, my latin is too poor to appreciate the words. Latin mass is beautiful but I am fortified by the English version too.

Keli likes this.
  9. After doing more research as well as many more Rosary prayers I feel dead set on converting to Catholicism so I have made my final decision and that convert to Catholicism through the Latin Rite.

SuccessInRebooting likes this.
  10. maccabeus1905

maccabeus1905 Fapstronaut

As a former freemason, I do not recommend it. Freemasonry is antithetical to the one true Faith and it has been a major force for evil in the world. It has played a large role in spreading religious indifferentism, numerous societal evils (like divorce), and is more demonic the higher up you go. Thankfully, by the grace of God, I rejected it and converted to the Catholic faith a few years back.

Good, I am glad to hear that you arrived at the decision. If you can find a Latin Mass parish that will be fantastic as their catechesis tends to be top notch (e.g. FSSP, Institute of Christ the King). I am a FSSP parishioner and feel exceptionally lucky to have found them after catechesis from Dominicans.

11. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

Dear @Dioplleo_547,
    If you want to be connected with your Parish, then go in the same parish, your local parish, because the parish means in greek ενορία that means "the house alongside the house", "the spiritual house", pray a lot for your Priest(the Priest of your parish) because only by his hands you will get the Holy Body, Bleed, Soul and Dinity of Our Lord, the eucharist. The Priest of your parish is your spiritual father, alongside with the Pope. And the other parishers are your spiritual brothers. Pray for these people too. Besides that will be good for you to connect with the people that live in the same city of you, that are in the same reality of you, that share the same catholic faith of you. If you can, you should help with charity works, which consists in a mercy work of Body.

Greetings, Pax Christi.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Dioplleo_547 likes this.
  12. Thank you but I am very Interested in the Ancient Order of Hibernians.

13. I have Irish ancestry yes.