The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship.

Feeling really low and tired, like i´ve been beaten up, for real :confused::confused::confused:.

Another terrible night, but i had a first glimpse of deep sleep, so this can be a good sign.

when i finish work, i´m gonna head for the woods for some running and strolling ;). Breathe the free air :)

Have a good day brave Companion :). Checking out.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

A present :)
    [​IMG]
    According to tradition King Solomon wore a ring inscribed with this proverb. Whenever king Solomon was unhappy, he would look at the ring that said - this shall pass. Whenever unhappy, king Solomon would rotate the ring which then said - this too shall pass .

3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 50
    A dwarf has appears in Moria :emoji_pick:

4. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Usually it's after day 14-15 so make sure you are well fed and hidrated as during those days you will feel some strong urges of you are not productive. And do not be scared of wet dreams, they will eventually happen, especially in the beginning as your brain and thoughts reboot. Just make sure to let those thoughts be, and don't judge them so much, it's a normal biological thing.

5. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice! I know they are natural and necessary for my body so I don't have any problems with them. I am just afraid of the Chaser Effect. Right now the cravings are under control but then they will spike and I hope I'll be able to keep them under control and not relapse.

And for me they come sooner. I tried a couple of years ago to also stop and at the 7-8 days mark I got a wet dream and then in the morning the cravings were strong and I relapsed. It's true that I was not doing sports as I do now so hopefully this newer version of me can handle these cravings.

6. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 17! The energy is quite low today. Last night I was visited by a "sucubus and her vices"in my dreams. It was quite different this time, for this time, I've killed some deprived personifications, and a cat helped me rip through the spell of the sucubus, Which, from what I could notice in her feelings, it wanted me to stay paralysed in her lap. Somehow, With struggle I broke out and woke up.
    Dreams are weird, but I can see the results of not entertaining decadent thoughts.

7. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 33, trod on!

8. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

I know how you feel! I've failed many times before because I just couldn't focus on my studies and the urges felt so much stronger during my studies. BUT YOU GOT THIS!

The best advice I can give is to not study alone. Study in public places: libraries, coffee shops, the living room, etc. I have at times not brought my phone and just my books or work stuff. I also use timers to help have a focused study period then a break.

I still struggle immensely, and you're honestly doing better than me! But we don't want this addiction hanging over us. I would say, the cost is the pain of becoming more than what we are. If we can learn to discipline ourselves in our studies and in nofap, our potential to do anything we set our mind to... will skyrocket. For me, that's worth it.

We're here for you!

9. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

I felt so happy today!
    I have been feeling very motivated and confident since the beginning of this week.
    I started exercising since Monday and have been doing so every day early in the morning.
    Today I came back from the gym and went for a shower. There was a very energetic song on the radio that I like and the combination of me being happy even made me dance under a cold shower :)
    Later that day I became very tired, since I woke up early, had a long but great night before that and my body still needs to get used to all that exercising again. Used my time watching videos on NoFap that were very interesting and motivating.

I am going to sleep early today and prepare myself for another gym session tomorrow.
    Let's continue to be the best version of ourselves everbody!

Have a great day!
    Much love.

10. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Just like @jaberwaki said: Keep taking cold showers!
    I don't remember how long I have been taking cold showers, but there comes a time when you will enjoy it so much!
    @jaberwaki said it perfectly, because it really becomes something you look forward to and it becomes essential. I don't even want to end my showers with warm water anymore.
    And just try it out step by step. Make your body feel comfortable. Cover your body with the cold water limb by limb, that's how I started doing it.
    What I do now is that I always start with warm water, because getting shampoo out of your hair with cold water is a nightmare. Then set the water colder and colder and eventually you are used to it.

Enjoy!

11. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

12. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

Day 7 done! 1 week :) Let's goooooo!

13. 1john4:4

1john4:4 Fapstronaut

14. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

15. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

16. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 17

So far today: prayer, meditation, cold shower, walking, healthy meal, some work, 8 hours of sleep.

I am feeling more energy. My mind is getting clearer. My ability to pay attention and focus for extended periods still sucks, but I notice my trains of thought becoming more cogent again. This makes me very happy.

Thankful for that today.

LuckyMan, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 8 others like this.
  17. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

18. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 0

I have been hearing the shrill shriek's of the Nazgûl trying to call me home, but they have not availed. I will soon shed this wretched cloak of darkness and become an Orc- not ideal, but still considerably less evil. I wish to join the fellowship in 15 days time, but for now I must prepare for the Orc rabble that will no doubt toughen me up!

On a side note doing a workout and taking a cool shower really did help.

19. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 4 check-in - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr.

LuckyMan, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 6 others like this.
  20. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut