1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorrow

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Hey guys I’m feeling pretty dejected and down right now after another fall and I thought maybe I’d give a short saying on the feeling of sadness.

I know with every fiber in my bone that God is good to His people. I know deep down in my soul that God loves me, but I feel miserable because I constantly fail Him. It’s in these moments that I have to remember to hold on to God’s promises. He promises to deliver his people from evil and to uplift them in the midst of sorrow. I need to remember and trust in these promises and trust that even though I am a failure in many ways, God still loves me. He will bring me through this, and he’ll do the same for you if you trust in him.

please Lord, have mercy on me a sinner, and for all of us who constantly fail you yet fight against sin every day. I’m sorry, I fell and feel truly miserable, and I hope to keep fighting and moving towards you each day.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  2. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

There are two Bible passages that help me and they are connected.
    First, Jesus said "‘When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, “I will return to the house I left.” When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.’"
    Matthew 12:43‭-‬45
    So, instead of trying not to think about PMO, do what Paul said "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things."
    Philippians 4:8
    The best way to stop this is to control our thinking and the best way to do that is to focus on what is good about God

One Eyed Owl likes this.