1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Make NoFap Progress Faster and More Efficient - A New Life

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Manithan95, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Manithan95

Manithan95 Fapstronaut

I am from Sri Lanka, 26 years old and married. I really lost 12 years of my precious life because of PMO. Tried NOFAP for 6 months and failed. But there will be NO MORE relapses here after. I relapsed many times because of the mistakes I did and I know how to fix them. But this time I am starting this in the correct way. Using all the points I have learned from my mistakes, I am starting my new life from today. This is my first post in NOFAP. I will update my experience of this daily. Feeling blessed to have such community with so many motivated brothers.

FROM MY MISTAKES I HAVE LEARNED THESE, THESE WILL HELP TO OVERCOME:

• WAKE UP EARLIER EVERYDAY, SAME TIME

• MEDITATE - Sit normally, don't stress any postures. Focus on your breath and do it for around 15 mins. Helps you to feel positive and be in control.

• WORKOUT - Weightlifting, HIIT exercises or whatever. You should sweat everyday. This will help your brain to heal faster.

• TEMPORARILY OR PERMENENTLY DELETE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS - To avoid all peeking you should do this. Don't browse feed or open social medias (FB, Instagram) until you fully recover. I put a lengthy random password for my social media accounts and saved it in a password protected RAR file and uploaded it to the Google Drive. So it won't be easy for me to quickly open or peek feeds.

• USE PC OR COMPUTER FOR WORK ONLY - I am a software engineer so it's not possible for me to not use electronics at all. I use devices only for work. Start PC -> DO WORK -> SHUT DOWN. That's all. If you can temporarily avoid using electronics that's even better. If you don't have any works in PC or Mobile. DO NOT TOUCH PLEASE.

• AVOID OR REDUCE SUGAR - Sugar will trigger dopamine receptors. So avoid them or reduce them. You will feel uncomfortable for few days. But everything will be fine. No worries.

• AVOID OR REDUCE JUNK FOODS - They will trigger dopamine receptors. So avoid them or reduce them. You will feel uncomfortable for few days. But everything will be fine. No worries.

• DO HARD MODE - This is hard but this will work quicker. Let's overcome from this addiction faster.

• EAT HEALTHY - Eat greens a lot. Eat Dark Chocolate, Nuts or Banana (Magnesium-Rich Foods ) everyday they will heal your brain faster.

• AVOID MOVIES, TV, VIDEO GAMES - It's hard. I know. But PMO recovery this not just avoiding PMO. You need a total recovery from unhealthy dopamine levels. And you need to make it faster. So avoid all artificial stimulations and live with nature as much as possible.

• THINK POSSITIVE - Yes you did mistakes in your life. But it's okay. You really started to become a better man already by realizing the mistakes. So the next step is to overcome it. Always think about your future goals.

• AVOID ALCOHOL OR ANY OTHER DRUGS - You should avoid them. They will make dopamine imbalances in your brain. Occasional and small drinks are okay in my opinion. It's up to you. But avoid totally for the time being. Never use alcohol or any other brain altering substance until you fully recover. Avoiding them makes you easier to be in control and heals your brain faster.

• NO PEEKING - Don't peek at all. If you peek, you won't win. And also whenever you see any inappropriate things by mistake, just turn away.

Some of you may see these points overkill. But this will do wonders. And these are the learnings from my mistakes. And I researched from many materials and sources. By following these points you will not only overcome PMO. But you will reboot faster and overcome flatlines quickly. My longest streak is 24 days. But this time, there won't be any streaks because I won't do it anymore. Even though I am starting Day 1. In my mind I am completely FREE.

From tomorrow (July 1 - 2021) I will update my daily progress and benefits I experience from NoFAP here by following the rules I stated above.

JULY 1 - Easy, No urges

JULY 2 - Easy, kept myself busy, no urges

JULY 3 - Normal urges, Focused on work, Easy

JULY 4 - With friends all day, No urges, Easy

JULY 5 - Had strong urges, Listened to motivational songs. Hard

JULY 6 - Felt sad, urges to use social medias or watch movies. It's a trap.

JULY 7 - Feeling like entering flatline. But strong urges. Feeling sleepy all day.

JULY 8 - Strong Urges, Worked out and controlled.

JULY 9 - Very strong urges, Had a nap to control.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Great post. Will help a lot of people.

Best of luck and welcome to Nofap

Manithan95 likes this.
  3. Manithan95

Manithan95 Fapstronaut

Thank you

4. LM_10

LM_10 New Fapstronaut

Great Post it give me more knowledge and experience motivates me a lot !

Manithan95 likes this.
  5. Best of luck friend, I hope that this time your streak will go forever :emoji_innocent:.

(just an advice friend, its your choice to take it or leave it:emoji_sweat_smile:- don't go too hard on yourself give yourself some rewards after every month like eating your favourite dish and going out with your family:emoji_innocent:)

Manithan95 likes this.
  6. Manithan95

Manithan95 Fapstronaut

Thank you brother. Sure I'll take it.

I'M DC and HumaninProgress01 like this.
  7. I'M DC

I'M DC Fapstronaut

Hey Big Bro.I'm from Sri Lanka too. :) Glad that I found another bro.There was only me and another guy until you joined. This post is helpful to others as well.Wish u all the best in Life.
    කොහොමද ජීවිතේ?
    எப்படி இருக்கிறீர்கள்?

8. Manithan95

Manithan95 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother. Glad to find you too. I am fine bro. :)

I'M DC likes this.