1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I stop being shy around women?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jun 22, 2021.

1. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

I wasnt particularly looking for advice. thats because I know as long as I'm flatlining I wouldn't be able to socialize as I could. Its an internal mental ability buried in me by pmo( and then by withdrawal) and external advice wouldn't help.

connecting: empathy, feeling people's emotions, being able to talk to strangers

CAKCy likes this.
  2. Well Diaplleo.
    I am in the same boat as of right now. I have decent looks and feel like I'm a standard loving guy, it's just my confidence is not where it used to be.

Some thing's I've tried in the past have been exclusively repeating subliminal's and re wiring my subconscious to get past this difficult time. Exercising and doing weight's has also lifted my confidence to a point. I can't really express how I'm doing right now, but It's never been this difficult towards me in rea life situations.

One thing that I hate doing and this always happens. Is I'm always pretty much meeting Woman threw other people and in social settings. I can easily get along with older Woman, but younger woman seem to not want anything to do with me or they don't see how I am. Especially at work I've noticed this..

But hey my friend. You said your 19 right? That is still a very young age. Take this time to enjoy your life and possibly the confidence will come back, pray also and this will help you in your goal...

Right now there's a manager at my job that I think is attracted to me, she is bigger and wears cute dresses. I'm just gone with confidence right now.

3. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

You weren't looking for advice but you must've been looking for something, otherwise you wouldn't post. Maybe you wanted to share your struggles or get a feeling of how others feel in a similar situation?

In any case, if you have identified your "problem" solving it is the easy part. ;)

becomingreat and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  4. Deysonn

Deysonn Fapstronaut

Hi bud, you are young and shy. This was the case for many of us. The best advice I can give is just to do what you fear. Try to engage with women more but they are couple of traps you need to be aware of.

As men we often fear rejection and what women will think of us. This often occurs because of the male vs female dynamic. Every female is a potential mate so this makes the interaction different to if we are engaging with the same sex. You need to realize that women are just people also. So just talk to them, with no expectations.

Rejection is just part of being a man, so do not make a big deal out of this. If you engage with a female and she is all snobby and cold, just brush that shit off and move on with your life, you weren't the first and you won't be the last.

There is an old saying where I live, it is very simple. Like who likes you! Don't be out there trying to win women over or be placing them on a pedestal as if they are a prize to be won. From a relationship perspective balance and genuine interest on both sides is key. From the time you make the woman more important than yourself your have lost, I would say with the exception of when you have children, you should be number one! And even in a parenting situation you need to know when you take priority. And when I say this I do not mean to be an asshole! You can respect yourself and be respectful to others all at the same time. The term simp floats all over the internet now, but what people are basically saying is do not be a fool just because you like someone.

Best of luck!

5. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

That is correct :))

yeah, im making it better day by day.

CAKCy likes this.
  6. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Well done! Well done! I'm glad!

becomingreat likes this.