1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Not entirely sure how my last relapse happened. I wasn't particularly tired or stressed. Somewhat of course, but that is to be expected when you have 2 kids and a job. It truly just happened on autopilot. Was home alone, on a work call that was not particularly relevant to me, went on instagram to look at normal stuff, the call ended, stayed on instagram....the rest is history.

Clearly the mistake was allowing myself to get distracted on that call. But that will happen again, I won't be focused 100% of the time for the rest of my life.

I've been following Universal Man which I find very interesting, I've even been doing his basic reboot regimen habits and followed them in detail these past couple of days. And still....Maybe I need to increase the intensity of listening to his podcasts? Practice self talk multiple times a day? At least in these early days? Not really sure, I feel really worried, this last relapse makes it feel like there is little hope of recovery. I know that is not true of course, but I'm analyzing what just happened and not coming up with an obvious answer.

2. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Alright, thought about it some more.

The circumstances I already talked about.

The emotions I was feeling were generally feeling worn down by married life with kids plus a sense of frustration about my wife being so busy all the time. Ultimately I talked myself into going on instagram. I knew that in the search field most pictures would be safe for work, but that there would be images here and there from prior nsfw stuff. That is exactly what my brain was going for.

The only solution I can think of currently is to talk to myself about fishing for psubs multiple times a day. I really need to engrain it in my brain that that is not ok and leads to a life of misery.

3. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

are there other things you can do when feeling tired / worn down? something that re-energizes you?

JJ_Kino likes this.
  4. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Certainly! A nap, a walk, stretches, even just sitting down without any screens and just being present.

I am trying to integrate those in my daily routine a bit more, so that hopefully I don't get to the point where my brain goes on autopilot.

5. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

through another day, although I was particularly busy yesterday, which helped....

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  6. Relapsed so starting a new streak today. I was feeling very down and low and P created back in for comfort...usual story. Must remember my 65 and 73 day streaks.

7. everstrong

everstrong New Fapstronaut

Ok sounds good, thank you.

8. Fantastic life

Fantastic life Fapstronaut

9. Gulliver87

Gulliver87 Fapstronaut

Checking in. 15 days. Just had my first real urges that made me stop in my tracks wondering whether or not I was actually going to break my streak. Wanted to show up here and remember what I am doing and why it is important.

I will not masturbate today

Sending good vibes to all. stay strong people

10. Relapsed here on Day 6. So frustrated.

Martial and JJ_Kino like this.
  11. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I failed today lads, back to day 0

12. ArdV

ArdV Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group. Probably it is already full because I see 20 names there, but please put me on the waiting list. I'm 36 years old. Thanks, it would be really helpful!

13. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

forgive yourself and begin again! you hv done it in the past dear!

artifact, Martial and GottaBFree like this.
  14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Me too. It's a struggle getting going right now

15. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Not to worry, get back on the horse and good luck!

16. Hi ArdV. You have been added to the waiting list. We may have an opening for you within a few weeks. Keep checking back and watch your alerts.

GottaBFree and ArdV like this.
  17. Updated the ranking tonight because I'm going out of town tomorrow. Hope everybody is doing well.

GottaBFree, Martial and NICEDUDE like this.
  18. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

It's hard work man.

GottaBFree and Martial like this.
  19. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Happy to have 3 days again, I always feel the worst during those.

After the 'chaser' urges from the last relapse that wanted me to binge, I've been able to resist relatively easily. Very happy I conquered those, they only lasted about an afternoon.

20. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in after a week of no internet due to being in the backcountry. Had a great time hiking and camping and watching the stars. Even there though scenes would pop into my head, the still lingering habits of PMO life. I’m wondering when, if ever, that subsides but I’m keeping up the good fight and there’s been no temptation to relapse since returning to civilization. I’m days away from 6 months and I’m not about to screw that up! Be well everyone

Martial, Fantastic life and sjindjin like this.