1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need more hobbies to stop myself.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by futuresuccess6, Jul 8, 2021.

1. futuresuccess6

futuresuccess6 New Fapstronaut

I'm already working out and making music, and I am about to start gardening, but I still find myself relapsing at some points. I need more things to do to stop myself from fapping. Does anyone have any hobby ideas?

Buddhism Is True likes this.
  2. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

First post? Welcome!

The thing with hobbies, is to try a lot before deciding what's for you. For our recovery, a social hobby is a better hobby too.

For example, you could attend a music workshop, or a gardening class or farmers market. That way you're in a place with likeminded people. Even if you only talk to one person, it's a good way to find a sense of community, which is important.

Aside from that, I would encourage you to look into all areas of your life. Imagine how you would ideally live 5 years from now. And with that image of your ideal self in mind, ask yourself what you can do today to get there?

3. loverofpeace

loverofpeace Fapstronaut

Those sound like "external" things...maybe add some "internal" things? Ex. prayer, meditation, positive thinking...idk stuff that engages the mind rather than the body...otherwise you may find you're just "distracting" yourself and eventually the brain will "re-focus" on the "bad stuff" -.- if you make the brain like new, "good" stuff, it may ask for more of it and less of the other...!

4. FlorianStayStrong

FlorianStayStrong Fapstronaut

Right, just as he said. I would add some photgraphy to your list, first, if you do it good your garden will be nice and worth some photos, second, photography helped me to go out and discovering places I didn't knew.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  5. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Meditation has been very helpful for me.

6. All your hobbies are things you do alone. Start playing volleyball. It’s easy to learn, fun, and you will meet new people.