1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are some of your favorite books and why?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 6, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Got my mum to read Blood Meridian. One step closer to getting her to read American Psycho, a book she keeps putting off because she's worried she'll be scared of it.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Along a similar vein, has anyone here read "The Room" by Hubert Selby Junior? Really liked it but if you know, you know.

3. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

You Gentiles, By Maurice Samuel - Was always interested on getting the Zionist point of view on outsiders. Learnt quite a bit.

American Gods, By Neil Gaiman - I like mythology stuff. Main character was blander than no salt soup, but the book just worked for me. Finished it in a week.

Haunted, By Chuck Palahnluk - Hahahaha, probably the most messed up book I've ever read. Loved every chapter.

Salem's Lot, By Stephen King - Never thought I'd enjoy a King novel. Was happily proven wrong.

Lord of the rings, By J. R. R. Tolkien - Fantasy, adventure, yada yada.

There are other books, but I'm feeling lazy right now.

Scapegoat likes this.
  4. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Imagine not liking this book.

Atticus likes this.
  5. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

That book series made my childhood a lot better. Didn't have to go outside and deal with madness, dabbled in fantasy and got me into writing. All thanks to Tolkien, god rest his soul.

6. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Based South African too.

Teaches good moral lessons and isn't a nihilistic woke blackhole like R.R Martins stuff (I still like GoT)

Atticus likes this.
  7. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

On the topic of LotR

Narnia by C.S Lewis played a pivotal role in my childhood.

Parodies the story of Christ in fantasy and child-friendly format!

Atticus likes this.
  8. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

One of the greatest African writers :D

Atticus likes this.
  9. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

One of the greatest Africans to ever live. Along with Ian Smith and Haile Sallessie!

10. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Started reading been meaning to continue reading it.

He originally didn't want his works to be accessed by the plebians, but he was convinced to do it.

So far from what I've read great book.

Too bad he was a Luciferian, but every man in history is a mixed bag.

11. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Even though I haven't read them myself, I brought the entire boxset for my youngest family members. They loved it.

I'll have to give it a read one weekend.

12. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

That’s why I tell everyone to start with that one. If you read that one closely, you can jump off into any area of Jungian thought with ease. It’s actually the point of the book.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  13. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Fun fact about me!

My dad was trained in philosophy and religion by someone who was directly trained by someone in his inner circle!

I know it's like saying your a distant cousin the kardassians, but I still think its cool. That I'm fortunate to know people who were close to Jung in RL.

gordie likes this.