1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the worst games/movies/shows you have seen?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

The human centipede 2(1 was okay), i think the 3 was just a joke.

2. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Watched Sonic a day before the theatres got closed due to cooooooveeed

Thought it was so stupid I left

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Oh yeah, about IT, that newer duology is an absolute joke. I'm by no means a fan of the book or OG movie or whatever but the newer ones are trying way too hard. Tim Curry at least brought some sort of, I dont know how to describe it, "charm" to the role? The newer guy just isnt scary, isnt funny, isnt anything. Absolutely soulless.

[​IMG]

If I saw this shit in real life I'd burst out laughing, I mean wtf is this?

CarP likes this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I cant stand stuff like that. I love disturbing stuff (I mean look at my taste in books) but those sorts of movies are just vile for their own sake and are not even trying to make any kind of point. I really don get what the appeal is honestly.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Idk I really liked the moral of that movie. Sonic is an upstanding citizen.

[​IMG]

GigglingTrout and BugsBunny555 like this.
  6. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

It was cringe all the way through. 6 hours total of non-stop cringe content. Then the finale felt like Harry Potter or a videogame with them floating around shooting spells.

Total garbage. I would rather have watched Sonic.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I could tell what kind of movie the first of the new ones was gonna be when I saw the new version of the "We all float" scene.

In the old one it is simple, Pennywise comes across as mildly creepy old guy dressed as a clown, who is friendly to Georgie right up to the end. In the new one, the scene goes on for ages, over-relies on musical stings, and Pennywise himself is so much more overtly menacing that it makes less sense why the kid would even fall for it. There's also the excessive use of violence and gore while in the original it's implied. Classic example of a modern movie over-egging what it has and ruining the whole effect, And dont get me started on how stupid Pennywise looks when he bites Georgie, looks like some internet jumpscare site you would link your friends to on Myspace.

gordie likes this.
  8. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

It can’t be a stephen king movie unless you bastardize it.

Shining was good though, and Kubrick was assassinated for what he was exposing in his films.

Cant change my mind

gordie likes this.
  9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Out of the ones I've seen, I agree The Shining is the only good one. I have not actually read a single Stephen King book though.

I suppose my point is the original IT movie, while not a good movie, at least has charm to it. Tim Curry is really entertaining and it is has some soul. The two newer movies are just cookie-cutter blockbuster garbage full of corporate-mandated creative decisions trying to leech off of brand recognition. Part of the reason I barely watch new TV or movies anymore is for this reason, most of it is not "new" at all, it's all just shit I've seen before but worse.

gordie and BugsBunny555 like this.
  10. pancakebaker99

pancakebaker99 Fapstronaut

Games can't think of any.
    Shows the DC CW shows I use to like some of them but I feel they have gone downhill I do like Star girl though.
    Movies hard to say I might have to pick the newer alien movies and the predator

11. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Sorry but this banger proves you wrong !!

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Never saw the other movies cause the first was so bad.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yeah the CW shows were alright in the first couple of seasons, especially Flash, but they are so bad now.

14. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Worst film? That's easy, by far the worst I've ever seen is a called 'Max Magician and the Legend of the Rings'. For some reason decided to buy it as a child from an entertainment exchange and give it a shot. Very low-budget, tacky and awful, little more than a film made by someone involved in one of those real-life fantasy RPG groups filming that group doing a reenactment of Dungeons and Dragons. Went straight to a charity shop afterwards.

Runners-up are Star Wars Episode VII, which is just pathetic (the only decent scene is when Kylo killed Han because I never thought they'd have the guts to kill him off on the big screen), and the 2005 War of the Worlds adaptation - what was Spielberg smoking when he made that abomination?

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

That sounds like some half-assed attempt to cash in on Harry Potter and LOTR at the same time.

Based. The former I actually liked at the time, it was only later I realised I was fooled into liking it. Episodes 8 and 9 are even worse though. Star Wars is dead and Disney are just [REDACTED] its corpse at this point. The latter always annoyed the hell out of me because it showed the aliens, but in retrospect the entire movie is melodramatic garbage.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  16. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

That was pretty much it, plus there weren't any actual Rings in it to boot... but there was a white mouse with an American voice dubbed over it. They really got their priorities right there...

Personally I wasn't even fooled into liking VII. Sure, I was excited enough as the next man that there was going to be another Star Wars film when I went to see it and sat down to watch it for the first time, but my opinion of it dropped like a stone as the film went on. By the time yet another Trench run appeared on the screen I was cringing down to my boots. VIII I thought was better with Johnson trying to do something different with it and move away from Abrams' OT purist fan service crap, but the things he did were stupid (killing off Snoke without linking him into the universe, Superman Leia, e.t.c). I honestly liked the part of IX with the Sith dagger leading them to the Sith planet, and that should have really been the main plot of VII to make a setup film that did something different, and Ian McDiarmid was on fine form as his returning Palpatine, but everything else was pretty forgettable.

To be honest the 2005 War of the Worlds actually doesn't show the Martians much at all, most of the time the tripods are partially obscured by clouds or even hidden from view completely by a hill with American fighter jets flying over the hill and exploding to represent the Heat Rays. Some people say that it was a genius approach to avoid CGI criticism. I say it was cowardly and cheap. What's more the Martians themselves were made too feral for my liking, with no real evidence as to their superior intelligence. This combined with the wrong setting, the son being a dumbass, the girl screaming all over the place and the ridiculous ending with Eowyn calmly peering out from her window as if nothing had happened, with her house perfectly intact, and the kiddies running into her arms makes it all the more maddening to watch.

Sadly War of the Worlds is on record to be probably the one novel of antiquity with the least accurate media adaptations ever. The most accurate big-budget one to date is the recent BBC adaptation, but even that was ruined by being sidelined for the crappy His Dark Materials series, being made too short and the plot being messed up by woke agendas. We get the right era, some great shots of the Martian tripods, and tripods that are correctly destructible by human weapons, but that's about it. A real chance to make a definitive adaptation wasted.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  17. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Its not the worse game I've played but it was definitely the most disappointing. Mass Effect Andromeda was such a disappointment compared to the Original Trilogy. Huge buggy catastrophe, and the writing was a joke.

The worse show I've watched recently was Another Life on Netflix. Extremely frustrating to watch. Its so bad.

I don't watch movies that often so I can't really truly answer that one.

18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Idk it sounds like pure kino to me...

I'd say Episode 8 is a more interesting film than 7 or 9, but the interesting things it does are garbage. Nowadays, it seems a lot of stories can be put into one of two categories. Fan-pandering garbage designed to manipulate you by key-jangling, or subversive and pretentious tripe that thinks it is smarter than it is. With Episodes 7 and 9, JJ Abrams did the former. With Episode 8, Rian Johnson did the latter. Any truly competent writer would be able to make something that can handle both deftly, but sadly we did not get that. Now, due to the reaction to the Sequel Trilogy, Disney are doubling down on making sweaty fanboys cry on livestreams by endlessly rehashing the same characters, character beats, locations and storylines. Bringing back Ashoka, bringing back Boba Fett, bringing back a younger Luke, and so on and so forth. Star Wars takes place across an entire galaxy and yet feels about as epic as a soap opera at this point.

[​IMG]

It's been ages since I've seen it the whole way through but I am inclined to agree with you. There is something about the tone of that movie that irked me massively and the reasons you list are just a few of them. I have not seen the BBC adaptation.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I played ME Andromeda for the first time last year and yeah, it's pretty bad. A fun enough mindless open world game but the story was horrific and felt like it was the result of botched development (which apparently, it was.) I have no faith in Bioware going forwards.

20. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Worst game: Just Dance. It's probably just not my thing, but the movements seem arbitrary. And the songs are triggering. My kids love it though, so what am I gonna do?

Worst Show: Any "reality" show kind of sucks, but the talent shows are the worst. Or maybe the dating shows are the worst. The ones I wanted to like were Absentia, which was too smart for me, and The OA, which promised a big payoff in the end and was just weird and silly instead.

Worst Movie: If we're talking all out bad, this one low budget job we watched a couple months ago was so bad it was amazing. Written, directed, and starring the same guy, it was both absurd and pretentious and took itself way too seriously even though nothing made sense. There were only two competent actors in the film, and one of them had a very minor role. Everyone should watch films like this every once in a while, to better appreciate good acting, writing, etc.

If we're talking wasted potential, Star Wars 9, hands down. JJ Abrams can make a fantastic film when he wants to. They had all the money to make it. They had deep, rich lore to draw from. It could have been one of the best films to date, and what did they give us? A steaming turd full of plot holes, unearned angst, and all around lazy storytelling. They phoned it in. They said, "f u, it's Star Wars, you'll buy it anyway." And we did.
    Some people adore 8 and will defend it all day long, I've heard their points and I respect them. 8 had many, many flaws, but it did some things extraordinarily well so if you allow yourself selective viewing, you're allowed to love that movie. I've not seen anyone who liked 9. It was worse than the Hobbit films, and that's saying something.