1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Really Get The Wheels Turning

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Pixelated Victory, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Pixelated Victory

Pixelated Victory Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I have been a member of NoFap for almost two months now, and with over 80 days of no PMO and 38 no MO, I might be able to offer something of value to new guys or guys who can't seem to hurdle their last best streak.

The truth is, if you really want to quit PMO and masturbation in general, you are going to have to prove to yourself that you can. There is no level of encouragement that others can give to you as powerful as your own belief that you can do it. In order to prove to yourself that you can, DO something while you are struggling to quit that you never thought you would be capable of doing. Run a marathon, lose that pesky belly fat, ask an attractive girl out, quit smoking etc. Not only will accomplishing another task in your life while you are trying to quit PMO prove to you that you CAN quit, it will also keep you busy and get your mind off of it!

A few weeks before I decided to call it quits with PMO and MO, I decided to quit a very hard addiction I had with smokeless tobacco. It was tough quitting that, but once I lasted long enough without it and was really starting to see the positives outweigh the negatives, I said "hey, here's another disgusting habit I have [PMO and MO]. Why not quit that too?" Accomplishing that provided SO MUCH positive reinforcement for NoFap. "Well, I was able to quit this. So I am absolutely capable of quitting this too!" I am now over 11 weeks without having used smokeless tobacco, and I feel GREAT.

I am not at the finish line yet for dumping either habit. I still have work to do, but there is no doubt in my mind that I CAN live without both! You can live without PMO too. Accomplish something else you've always wanted to during your journey, and I promise NoFap will become easier for you.

2. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Does becoming a girl counts as an accomplishment?

3. Pixelated Victory

If that is truly who you are and what makes you happy, no matter your original gender make-up, then yes! Of course!

NoBrainer likes this.
  4. Dom Quixote

Dom Quixote Fapstronaut

Great work, Pixel. I had to comment on your post because I quit smokeless on June 4, 1998 after having used it for 20 years. As you know this is as strong an addiction as smoking, so it's not easy to quit. Like you, I am remembering back to that success and using it as encouragement to quit MO. I succeeded there, and I will succeed here. My journey is only barely begun, but I think achieving the 90- day mark will help to make things a little easier...at least that's the way it was quitting smokeless. Here's wishing you the very best, my friend, in your quest to beat all addictions.

Peace

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  5. Sign of the Times

Sign of the Times Fapstronaut

Smokeless as in chewing tobacco?

6. Pixelated Victory

Yep. Dip.

7. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

Great all the best

Pixelated Victory likes this.
  8. Dom Quixote

Dom Quixote Fapstronaut

Yes, Copenhagen was my addiction of choice. As users will tell you, this is not only a very nasty habit, but one that is incredibly tough to break.

9. Pixelated Victory

Yes, a very tough habit to break indeed. Stay the F away from that stuff, it will control you life and mess up your mouth in the process.

10. Sign of the Times

Sign of the Times Fapstronaut

Yeah I bet I think I am close to my half century at attempts to give up smoking for good

11. Dom Quixote

Dom Quixote Fapstronaut

Just another addiction to overcome! Although I've overcome the smokeless addiction, I still have a number of other addictions that I need to conquer (including M and O). I'll be busy for some time to come with these "projects."