1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your Life System ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jul 19, 2021.

1. What is your Life System ?
    Are you a believer ? Do you believe that you don't control many thing and that God control's everything ? Do you believe in Destiny and Faith ? Do you believe you control everything in your life ?

I believe in Pure Logic - I'm the master of my Journey, what about you ?

2. I think you probably mean fate here. Faith is a degree of belief whereas fate is just destined to happen regardless of belief.

Also it sounds like you mean a belief system. People can have a "life system" in the sense of having a routine or an approach to living life, very little of that needs to be related to belief other than the belief that if they go to work they get paid etc.

Logic would indicate you need to know and/or control everything (including the environment which is not you) to master your journey. You can master your self, that's not the same thing.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  3. You are right, But the Environment depends on each person, when your You g and Mature and Single, I believe you can control and create your own Environment! - The Environment could be anything, from the little room where you sleep to your friends, I guess these are in everybodies control.

4. Obviously If I work harder today the better life I'll have tomorrow.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

1/3 each: the hard work, natural ability and achievement of myself
    The generosity and belief of other people
    And good fortune.

If they are out of balance i'm going to end up frustrated, embarrassed, out of my depth, etc.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  6. Honestly I'm just lost as fuck right now. I get really depressed when I overthink this subject.

7. I believe in solutions, maybe we could help you or provide you with a different perspective to your problem.

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

God controls everything and takes the piss at my stupid attempts of being a control freak.

gordie and Atticus like this.
  9. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

I believe God created me, but obviously It doesn't controls me

10. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

The God-Station 5. It's got good hardware, but sometimes the software is a little buggy.

SickSicko likes this.
  11. You are right, I believe we have free will within things we don't control.

I came to conclusion, everyone wants to be successful but not everyone can become successful, It's question of [ Birthplace / Culture / Luck ] Luck plays the Majority of it all, from your Birth till your Death, we are all different in terms of our luck!

Some are Super Luck, Others are average, Others are Extremely Unluck. I don't know what you call this in Christianity or your Religion, But in Islam we tend to call it " Arzaak " - We are different in this one. The more and easily you accept it, the better it will be...

Generally speaking, I think we don't control a single thing, It was a rigged from the start! You are a different person if you are Born a Woman, You are a different person if you were born 500 years ago... See we didn't choose this, we only play within the limits we were given...At the end all of this won't last very long ( we will head to oblivion or rebirth in a few years from now - Maximum 60+ for the best of us, Imagine 60 New Year Parties from now, It's not much... )

I consider myself average, but it's okay ~ We have some we don't others, at least i'm far better than Millions maybe Billions of People throughout History of Humankind until Today, which is good...

I can't imagine being born a Slave of someone from Birth till Death, well that's a hard life over not having Sex in your Life Time...

12. I believe that I controll a lot of things in my life but sometimes future, God, life, whatever just throws something big at me that I can't evade
    destiny, fate and all that are imo a truckload of bs tho

Mr.Tony likes this.
  13. I don't know, But every life is different...

The people i meet will never meet you and vice-versa! Everyone spawned in different area in life, Some were born in Latin America, some in Asia, some in Africa...So ? Does this seem Equal ?

There is no Equality in all of this, only people doing there roles - just like Actors playing a certain act dueing a specific time! And quieting the scene for other actors to participate and that's it....

I believe we are norhing more than Actors in a large theatre.

14. 1) After a little thought...I think you are totally right, it's a question of Genetics! Genetics Determines your Success or Failure.

If Bill Gates / Elon Musk - Was the Son of Homeless Prostitute that live in the streets from cheap bordel to bordel in a 3rd world country.

I swear on the soul of my dead lovely parents, he would've never seen the light, Genetics and Environment did help him, A lot! A Looot!

I guess if any of us had the Genes of a Billionaire with the Right connections, I believe we would've all made it, but yea... It is what it is...Accept it! And move on!

2) We never had the chance choose in the start - I guess that alone explains everything...

15. Jackie1

Jackie1 Fapstronaut

Logic is truly significant in our life,but there are plenty of uncertain things that happen everyday.What would you do if you just believe in logic?

CarP and Mr.Tony like this.
  16. Logic and Luck / Chance both are happening in the same level, There are many things you can't explain in Logic, why me is me! Not You! and why not Vice Versa ? That too is not Logic, It is a Chance maybe Luck...

My Philosophy chance everyday....Depending on my own lessons i get through life, life is really a mystery!

17. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

To apply logic to most real-world problems one needs to abstract away from the detail to get at a tractable problem. But the real essence of most difficult problems is not in that abstraction, it is in the detail. Simple solutions to persistent messy problems are psychologically tempting—that's why extremists gain power—but they are not true. So I am very skeptical of any Life System™ based on pure logic.

That said, I do like the question. I've been reading up on focus, anxiety, etc. and one common theme is knowing one's own values. I find that really hard. I clearly do live a life based on values, but enumerating what they are does not seem to work for me, they always seem too trite.