1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with enemies

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by gordie, Jul 23, 2021.

1. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

How do you guys deal with your enemies? Not talking about people with whom you disagree or have a tense relationship; I'm talking about people in your life, and maybe even social circle, that actively want to harm you.

2. Give them the middle finger everytime those come at me. Talking doesn't do much, unfortunately. Talk no jutsu in 2021 is pretty useless as well.

GotCaught likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Never tell them how you feel. That's ammo.

Phase them out of your life.

Passive-aggressive, but use what you can against enemies.

DM10 likes this.
  4. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

eyes for eye, law of motion and all that.

SickSicko and FirefromAbove like this.
  5. Bill Johnson123

Bill Johnson123 Fapstronaut

First off, I assume you mean "actively want to harm you" as emotionally/etc but not physically. If that's the case, try to ignore them as much as possible while keeping your eyes open so they don't stab you in the back somehow. Then cut them off, don't reply or respond, become a nobody to them and they will likely become a nobody to you.

6. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Well both I’m asking more generally, I just wanted to hear input. I’m not actively dealing with someone right now, at least not that I know of.

7. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven Fapstronaut

8. Cut them out of your life. Be careful, don't turn a blind eye. But don't give them any sort of attention other than what is necessary for your own survival.

Don't try to do what they are trying to do to you. There's a saying along the lines of "if you go looking for revenge, dig two graves before embarking upon it" and another one goes like "take care when you fight monsters, because you might end up being what you were fighting against".

So, do your life, and let the haters rot theirs in frustration. Just don't be stupid about it, be mindful and vigilant.

GotCaught likes this.
  9. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

I don't have enemies.

Why? I don't get in the way of any one persons desires. Do what thou wilt.

But if I did have any, they wouldn't know.

10. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven Fapstronaut

I dont get it, can you elaborate please?

11. RavenGT

RavenGT Fapstronaut

No man is your enemy, no man is your friend. Every man is your teacher

SickSicko, gordie and Hachiraya like this.
  12. I personally do this one thing - I don't argue. It saves my time and energy. And I can just walk away without thinking about what to say. I just breathe and I'm happy.

13. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Most of my old enemies I killed them with kindness, some others I had to punch sense into them, I guess there is not an universal rule but more of a case by case approach.

14. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

There are some from whom I have gotten my payback, while completely ditching others under the rug and forgetting about them. But I am not the type to forgive at all.