1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

you're immortal, now what?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 24, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's a real life event lmao. in 1605 Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament in the UK to install a Catholic theocracy. It's the origin of the British tradition of Bonfire Night celebrated on November 5th.

Torchwood is a special kind of goofy. The first episode is an alien STD that kills you when you orgasm. HOWEVER, when it tries to be serious, it's amazing. If you start anywhere, watch the miniseries "Children of Earth." Holy fuck is that bleak.

"The hit. They create chemicals. The chemicals are good."

The author, Harlan Ellison, is insanely influential. This short story is the inspiration for Terminator. A Boy and His Dog was the basis for Fallout. Harlan was also a massively belligerent prick who got into public fistfights with people at conventions and kept suing anyone who came close to copying his ideas. I kinda love the guy tbh, he was hilarious.

Looked it up, it's called Akinetopsia. The brain cannot perceive motion so all the person see's is a discontinuous freeze frame effect.

CarP likes this.
  2. nah it's cool

3. Find a way to kill myself. If you think it through, nobody wants to be immortal. Endless boredom, what kind of life is that? The beauty about death is that it renews everything and you can see the world in all its amazing brightness like when you were a kid.

I only knew this because it plays such a prominent part in V for Vendetta.

Remember remember
    The fifth of November
    The gunpowder treason and plot
    I see no reason
    Why the gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot

Back in college there was a party on November 5th one year and the refrain was

You will not remember
    The fifth of November

And while a lot of people probably didn't remember, a lot of others did because that was the party where the party-goers broke the floor by all jumping at the same time and almost fell into the basement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2021
    Atticus, Cirilla and CarP like this.
  4. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

Would meet great people as much as possible.

CarP likes this.
  5. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Probably try to live in every Country for a spell and learn each language. Figure out a way to reach the deepest depth of the sea.

As a Canadian, I’m assuming I’ve become Deadpool, so I’ll have to find Francis.

Side note, does everyone think Canada is some sort of wonderland? I mean it’s nice in certain places and all, but it’s not some fantasy utopia.

CarP likes this.
  6. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

Death with Interruptions
    Novel by José Saramago

CarP likes this.
  7. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

Cull the weak.

CarP likes this.
  8. TheWigglesSentToSpace

TheWigglesSentToSpace Fapstronaut

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm going to have you arrested for cultural appropriation. Only 120% pure-blood Anglos should be allowed to celebrate Bonfire Night. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! *Anthem starts playing at ear-splitting levels, blood starts pouring from my nose.

I'm not sure where you would actually watch it, cause it's a BBC program. It's basically an edgy Dr Who spinoff.

This clip of Harlan Ellison is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Yeah it sounds really terrible. I envision it as everyone around you being like a Silent Hill monster, juddering all over the place.

CarP likes this.
  10. Imagine having to wage slave...

Atticus and CarP like this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Imagine having to...

12. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

CarP and Cirilla like this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Imagine beating your wife?

gordie, CarP and Atticus like this.
  14. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

CarP likes this.
  15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

laughingpuppets.gif

CarP likes this.
  16. DefendMyHeart

DefendMyHeart Fapstronaut

We are already immortal. Life is death and death is life.

Our flesh-suit.. not so much.

17. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

One of the benefits of being immortal, I think, would be in how much wisdom one could get and share. You'd become the ultimate teacher, helping to change the lives of people for (your) eternity.

I'd most likely be living in cave though. Would probably become the second coming of Diogenes as well, but slightly nicer. Only slightly.

CarP likes this.
  18. you're going to forget a lot of things so you're probably not going to be some extra wise guy

Atticus likes this.
  19. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Books, notes.

For normal immortals anyway.

But for me, it'll be nothing. I'll be a cave dwelling, rain showering, semi grumpy guy with an insanely long beard and rotted teeth.

SickSicko and CarP like this.
  20. Or being a wise guy.

[​IMG]

Atticus likes this.