1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are your favorite artists/bands and why

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheLoneWolf88, Jul 19, 2021.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

- DED: Their songs are heavy and addicting. Plus their songs are a mix of more popular nu-metal artists like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Static X, and Korn

Eminem: I don't know exactly why, but I have been a fan for about 20 years

Breaking Benjamin: a local band for me, forming 1.5 hours from where I live. Their album Ember is a huge banger and it's their best music to date

Gemini Syndrome: heavy, melodic, plus their songs help bring people out of the deepest depression.

Shinedown: I've listened to them in the padst before, but when heard their song Monsters on Sirius, I downloaded all their albums. All of their songs have deep meanings that speak volumes for me. Going to see them in concert in September.

Three Days Grace: Their first three albums are amazing. Up until the original singer quit, I don't really listen to their newest songs. I frequently have the song Drown on repeat as it now hits entirely different for me

Stalkerr and CarP like this.
  2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Claude Debussy. Introduced me to classical and is still my favorite composer some 20 years later.

3. hard to pick one but probably death grips
    it's just so experimental and angry and catchy plus all of their songs feel somehow different from each other so you never get tired

4. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys.. good groove!
    And HAIM!

5. For me it's gojira not only because of all the heavy and brilliant riffs and insane drumming also for the concern they have shown in all their works for environmentlal isssues,the heaviness of life and many other problematic things that makes them fantastic lyricists too.i recommend you to give their last album "fortitude" a shot.

CarP likes this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Been listening to a lot of DIO in the last year or so.

[​IMG]

CarP and Stalkerr like this.
  8. Holy diiiiiiver

CarP likes this.
  9. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Joy Division.

Feels like heroin when listening to disorder or any of their other songs. Very fond memories.

Fly high Ian Curtis

Giacomo Leopardi, jurte and CarP like this.
  10. My spiritual fathers are Daft Punk and Deadmau5
    [​IMG]

CarP likes this.
  11. I tend to like pop music: Fly by Midnight, Dayglow, Duran Duran, The Chainsmokers, Nick Jonas, The Aces, Miley Cyrus, Shawn Mendes.

[​IMG]

12. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Le duc lol

Cirilla likes this.
  13. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thin Lizzy!

[​IMG]

They were so different to other rock groups around in the seventies and eighties. The lead singer and major songwriter, Phil Lynott was a great front man and bass guitarist. They really came into their own live. Luckily, I saw them in my hometown on their "Farewell Tour". It was an incredible performance. I saw Lynott on stage twice more in the next couple of years, one fronting a short-lived new band and once as a guest at a Gary Moore concert (one of the former guitarists of Thin Lizzy). A few months later Phil Lynott was dead from the ravages of heroin and alcohol addiction. :( Here they are live...

Thin Lizzy - Rosalie - YouTube

Meshuga likes this.
  14. TheWigglesSentToSpace

TheWigglesSentToSpace Fapstronaut

15. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Cloudkicker, Pain of Salvation, and Caligula's Horse. These are my top favs right now.

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

You've been down too long in the midnight sea
    Oh what's becoming of me

17. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

So to reiterate
    but you've "been a stan since 10 years" because he's a poet, handsome, and has a nice voice.

For real, I'm not one of those Fapstronauts tryn'a retain my semen so I can exude pheromones and grow a monkey tail and build a body count, neither am I a Nice Guy, or a White Knight. I respect women as human beings and regard myself an egalitarian not a feminist, but I do not understand. Why does poetry and a nice voice make up for misogyny?

I'm into anything with a driving, blusey bassline/groove. The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys (hey @ndaty ), The Heavy, The Zombies, any cover of "7 Nation Army" or "St. James Infirmary," AWOL Nation, the song "Drip Fed Fred," Nina Simone, 50 Dollar Dynasty, Beats Antique, and a whole bunch of others I found through Pandora, like Dorothy and "Lay Your Head Down" by the Mad Caddies

ndaty likes this.
  18. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Thanksss, i'll go check some!!!

Meshuga likes this.
  19. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

:D i prefer LaFouine;)

20. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

New Order too.

Specifically, Dream Never Die. It's an ode to Ian Curtis.

That song carries pain and I can feel it.