1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements, Herbs, Nutrients.

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BARLES CHARKLEY, May 29, 2021.

1. BARLES CHARKLEY

BARLES CHARKLEY Fapstronaut

Have you guys experienced benefits from taking supplements and or herbs to abstain from PMO or other addictions? If so, what supplements, herbs, diets and foods helped you the most?

Which ones helped you the most during this journey? I feel like we need all the tools and weapons we can use in order to defeat this demon. Even if they give only a slight benefit. A little boost is better than none right?

I've heard a few supplements help addicts stay away from their addictions because they increase brain health, stress, depression, dopamine receptors etc.

What are your thoughts?

2. BeezMeUp

BeezMeUp Fapstronaut

I ve started taking ashwagandha few days now and ill continue taking it for at least 2 months. It promises many benefits and many people who took it said its true,so im trying it.You can google it for more information.

BARLES CHARKLEY likes this.
  3. I would focus on the ones that are good for stress and mood (unless you don't EVER fap because of stress, though prob. worth mentioning because it's a common thing) including theanine and secondly cognitive support with nootropics. Nootropic formulas may have caffeine though. Other than simple stacks of a few ingredients it may be a good idea to try things one at a time so you know what's doing what.

And actually let me back up, I think it really needs to be one part of a set of things you do. Suppose you take nootropics, if you're not doing any mental work then there's no point. At the very least you might try to read a bit more while you're on it. Although even if you only try taking stuff without anything that's exactly why they have stacks, so it's still a combination of things even if they're all supplements, they work together.

So one thing you might try along with supplements is meditation, just to see and feel what effect it has on your mind if nothing else. If it kicks in after 30 minutes, maybe wait 15 minutes or however long and time it so you're doing nothing but sitting and feeling how it feels a bit before and after the 30 minute mark.

On a practical note, you might get a milligram scale and buy powders. Not only would you save money buying in bulk for the stuff that comes that way, you can also more precisely control your dosage.

BTW with nootropics you can stick with natural stuff, you might get more dramatic results but pharmaceutical grade stuff can make you crash since you're supposed to dose so high. I remember when I tried piracetam I stayed up that night and just read a novel all the way through, but especially on other times when I tried it when I stopped my mood crashed, and it did have a stimulant kind of effect - just one example.

BARLES CHARKLEY likes this.
  4. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven Fapstronaut

5. BARLES CHARKLEY

It's crazy you mention Ashwagandha because I started taking that yesterday as well! Heard lots of great things about it.

BeezMeUp likes this.
  6. BARLES CHARKLEY

Ahh good one! I'm going to start taking an Amino acid supplement that has this in it

FarBeyondDriven likes this.
  7. If you didn't already know you generally want to take aminos away from each other and food and the proportions matter depending on what effect you are trying to achieve.

8. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Started taking ashwagandha powder ,but it happened to taste bitter.
    Any suggestions to make it taste better.

9. You can buy capsules and a milligram scale, save money in the long run, be precise in dosage and also not taste it.

breaking-myths likes this.
  10. when do you sugest you must take capsules? in the morning on a empty stomac or 2 hours before sleep afther a meal?

11. Ot depends on what's in the capsule.

Inspired_2_Rewire likes this.
  12. Pure biological asgwanfa in those medical hmpc pills they disovle in the stomach after 4 minutes

13. I don't know that substance, have you looked it up to see what people recommend?

14. it's ashwagandha

15. BangJul

BangJul Fapstronaut

Try get some Habbatussauda (Liquid Black Seed), Drink it with Tetration Method. I heard it from a Doctor. Tetrationed Liquid Black Seed can Reset your Body Hormon, include Testosterone, etc

Hope this helpful, thx

The_Fisher likes this.