1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

@jaberwaki Personally, I don’t believe a single slip in six months is any kind of failure. You have achieved an amazing level of self control, more than 99% of people have got, and your brain will have reset by now. So I think you’ve probably done what most of us set out to do. I’ve definitely been helped by your cheering and insightful posts, so I’m very glad you’re staying on in the group. Thanks and good luck for the future in your dating and everything else!

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree, artifact and 5 others like this.
  2. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

how many of yall have used SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION method?

JJ_Kino likes this.
  3. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about this and don't let it get to you, mate. You're a great inspiration for all of us and we know you will bounce back and conquer once again. The lessons you mentioned are of critical importance; we can never let our guard down, a testament to how insidious this issue is. The current dating market is an issue in
    and of itself, as many guys have reported a significant change from years ago. Even so, continuing to improve oneself, in all aspects of life, will always be the way to go. Let us all continue to do our absolute best and achieve the best life possible.

4. Relapsed here on Day 9 but I know what I did wrong. Going to keep my head up with my new positive mindset that I've been working on.

JJ_Kino and Martial like this.
  5. You had a great run. I have no doubt you will be climbing back up that ranking very soon and I will be trying to keep up with you.

JJ_Kino, ctr, NICEDUDE and 2 others like this.
  6. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Thanks all for the well wishes. Today was a monster hard day with urges, but I stayed on top of them. Started my day with Wim Hoff breathing, rode the trainer hard, played guitar for a solid hour, had dinner with some friends. Every time an urge popped in my head, I repeated the mantra "I am a man of integrity and drive. I use my sexual energy to improve myself, not diminish myself".
    I must have said that at least a thousand times today.
    I am going to bed now to avoid any late night stupidity. Tomorrow I travel with family for the next seven days, and in my experience getting past day four after a relapse is when I start feeling back in control of myself, so I'm grateful for the timing. Be well everyone!

daryl_zero, JJ_Kino, ctr and 2 others like this.
  7. I crashed and burned last week. It was highly unpleasant and seemed like it would never end. Wish I could make myself remember how bad the relapses feel. Ready to get back up and do better.

8. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

That's a sacrosanct goal indeed!

JJ_Kino, artifact and Martial like this.
  9. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

@SeekingEnergy I don’t personally, but if you scroll back through the group’s messages, you’ll find some references to it. Some people have definitely found it helpful for them.

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and ctr like this.
  10. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

It looks like when you say easy "peasy" method it autocorrects to that... it's the same thing maybe.

GottaBFree likes this.
  11. Resetting again....frustrating but need to be kind and compassionate with myself. This group is the only way I can keep away from P.

12. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

4 days in after a very honest with my s.o. Feel so much more determined than I ever did before.

13. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

14. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Me, I’m the opposite of kind and compassionate to myself. I wash my balls with iced water in the mornings. Neighbours probably think Chewbacca’s in there passing a kidney stone at 7am every day. But it seems to be working for me so far, together with giving up the drink and exercising more. A couple of months ago I was as randy as Priapus, now I’ve about as much interest in women as Benedict XVI. Got to be constantly vigilant though.

15. Circleinthesquare

16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Checking in

@jaberwaki I agree with the decsion to move forward in life. PM wins if we sit around trying to wait it out and you are doing amazing.

daryl_zero, artifact, JJ_Kino and 3 others like this.
  17. Circleinthesquare

wednesday check in - on for a week now

artifact and Martial like this.
  18. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

@Low Tide High Tide I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your 90 days yesterday! I read your earlier posts and you sounded really motivated. I kind of feel the key to beat this or any addiction is that you have to need to, not just want to. My experience anyway.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  19. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I'm struggling with health issues at the moment, I've ballooned up in weight.

Feeling sad but need to soldier on.

Hope you're all in good health, stay safe god bless.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    GottaBFree, ctr, Martial and 2 others like this.
  20. @Low Tide High Tide - Congratulations on your 90 days as of yesterday! You are now a member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement! :emoji_trophy:

daryl_zero, ctr, Martial and 3 others like this.