1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I am addicted to Instagram babes!!

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Guys I seriously need help. I've struggled this summer to quit masturbation for good, but I somehow can't get over my obsession with hot women on Instagram. I seriously don't know what to do. I even hooked up with a woman a month ago. We kissed and more... I don't know why I can't get over my obsession with women somehow... The problem is not that women are not interested in me at all... I just..... I don't know what it is to be honest. It feels like an addiction to masturbating....... I feel MUCH better mentally when I don't do it at all, plus I am starting a job after this summer so I must.. What should I do?? I can't start reading a book.. I just read "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins... Pretty boring in the last half if you ask me....... What can I do to keep my focus away from Instagram babes? I have noticed one thing... I think I want to find real love. At night I wish I had a woman to hold my arms around and to hold me and talk to me. If this was reality I am sure I would be able to stop. What are your advices for me?

The-man and Melkhiresa like this.
  2. I bet you'd read a book if it had a picture of woman on every page like on Instagram.

My advice to you and all younger guys is you are actually swimming in shallow waters these days, and by that I mean it's actually harder to develop quality relationships because there's a lot about the culture that's shallow. So no that's not actually advice, it's an observation, but I think we have to start with that reality check. I really think in many ways it's easier for us older farts so long as we're not as picky about looks and try to date way outside our age range, which becomes kind of boring anyway because the gap is not really about age as it is maturity. And it's not about numbers, it's about understanding. When there's more maturation there's just more understanding and you can more easily connect, but in a real way on multiple levels and not just physical attraction.

If you want to attract someone that wants more like you do, you need to develop yourself and that doesn't happen overnight. Plenty of people can suggest practical things for Instagram like blockers or whatever, but dating someone seriously is not just a matter of not looking at those girls.

becomingreat likes this.
  3. Hmmmm... you don't really seem to understand my problem. I didn't say I necessarily wanted to date someone seriously. It's about removing my attention since I get headaches and memory loss from masturbating. I get physically ill. "Dating someone seriously is not just a matter of not looking at those girls." You didn't actually read what i wrote, did you?

4. No I did, but that specific information about headaches etc. wasn't in the first post and I focused on a different aspect. I also wasn't responding only to you, as I said I was speaking generally to younger age group. If anything I read more into your post but I did read it, and the first post didn't mention those symptoms but you did mention wanting real love didn't you? I was responding to that part of the post obviously. So why do you say just flat out I didn't read it?

In terms of removing your attention then, what do you think about what I did mention that is relevant like a blocker? Are you up for that?

5. I think to be specific people just have to be more disciplined on the level of attention which is a big deal, but not being able to access it like with a blocker, on the level of accessing helps by eliminating the trigger which captures the attention. It's probably more realistic to not get sucked into it once you've been away from it a while, basically same with both P and P-Sub.

Again this is a general comment, some people feel it's all personal because they started a thread I'm just commenting on the topic. There's no way to know you/the OP as a person based on a short post anyway. People can reply in a more agreeable way to you and that still wouldn't necessarily mean they know you or your situation but we can talk about the topic. We certainly won't know something before it's written.

6. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

7. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

So you are attracted to woman keep looking them up on ig but have no trouble hooking up with them, you are addicted to masturbation yet feel much better(mentally) when you don't do it and you are starting a new job and i guess want to focus on it?
    It seems pretty clear cut to me, while M is not harmful to everyone an addict like you should probably abstain from sexual activity for a while(and IG) see what you get out of it and keep going if it makes any difference, anyways that was my two cent.
    I have spoken.

8. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

I have the same problem. This is the solution:

9. It's going to sound cliche, but have you tried deleting your Instagram account and staying away from it for good? I don't use social media myself. Deleted all my accounts back in 2017/18.