1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have 50% Body Fat

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Furozima10, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Furozima10

Furozima10 Fapstronaut

Hey guys

I'm 23years old, and i'm 200 Lbs.
    I'm 6"1

Do you think that i'm Fat?

How much weight should i have??

2. Did you actually measure the body fat somehow or is that a guess? And if so how did you measure it?

Melkhiresa likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Isn't 6'1 200 manifest in a medium build?

Did you actually measure to see ur BF?

Redemptionisrequired, CarP and gordie like this.
  4. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

try doing a handstand for 60s, if you can then you are not fat.

5. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

To quote Mark Rippetoe: A man is 200lb. At least.

6. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Damn, it sucks being 3 kg short of being a man. But I'm working on it. I have obesity genes from my parents, so fatasses - here I come!

Christoph108 likes this.
  7. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

50% body fat? really? is that number made up? because if that's true, that's bad, that's veeery bad
    Even if your bmi says you are just slightly overweight, bmi is a guideline, not a trustworthy measurement of health, body composition is way more important as a measurement.

Like, is not the same having a bmi of 27 with 10-12% body fat than with 32-34%

For example, dwayne johnson has a bmi of 30ish, technically a obese bmi hahahaha

8. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

As everyone else pointed out, I think you made a mistake in your calculation. 6’1 and 200 lbs is nothing insane, if you’re 50% body fat you would be morbidly obese.

Bill Johnson123 likes this.
  9. Bill Johnson123

Bill Johnson123 Fapstronaut

You're definitely not obese. If you don't have much muscle, you may be a bit fat. In fact, if you exercise, you could weigh a lot more and not be fat. A lot of weightlifters (of the fit not huge type) your hight weigh >230.

10. Furozima10

Furozima10 Fapstronaut

Please my brother tell me how can I loose this bodyfat?

I tried doing cardio 1 hour every day but it's not helping i still ahve bodyfat

Is it because of my sleep?

because i sleep 10 hours / daily + i sleep in the morning and i wake up at night
    may this be the cause of this problem?

11. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Calories in the calories out.

This is the true way.

12. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

“six hours for a man, seven for a woman, eight for a fool”- Napoleon

Ekhangel and FirefromAbove like this.
  13. Bill Johnson123

Bill Johnson123 Fapstronaut

How long did you try the cardio for? As @FirefromAbove said, its most likely your diet. I don't really know anything about diets so I won't try to give you much advice, but I'm sure there are a lot of of good resources on losing weight by adjusting your diet that you could look up online. I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb when trying to lose weight is that you should always be a bit hungry throughout the day, don't eat until you're all the way full at meals, and keep doing the cardio. Also drink a lot of water instead of eating.

14. @FirefromAbove
    That is the coolest avatar I have seen in a long time! Kyle Reese from the original Terminator!

Oh, sorry, to address the topic: I agree with the posts about 50% being freakishly high. Maybe recheck that number?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
    FirefromAbove likes this.
  15. Either your weight is off. Or your height is off. Or your body fat percentage is off. No way in hell can you be 6'1'', 200 lbs and 50% Bodyfat. Something is grossly wrong with these measurements.

Look in the mirror. It doesn't lie. If it shows you to be fat, you are fat.

Depends on your activity levels. I would say don't attach yourself to a specific number, instead focus on achieving strength and performance goals.

Example: Try to get 50 good form pushups, 20 good form chinups, 200 non stop bodyweight air squats with good form.

When you are eating good, working out and can hit these simple basic standards. You'll be very close to your ideal weight.

You can then do weightlifting and get heavier or keep doing bodyweight strength work and some kind of sports or cardio work and be perfectly healthy and happy. :)

16. Yep. That's true. The average male cannot perform a single chest to bar chin up with good form. So even half of these is something.
    Not necessarily true. Ignoring obesity leads to a lot of avoidable health issues. So, if you feel fat, then a change in lifestyle is always a good idea. Of course, you have to approach it with the right mindset. Trying to lose 20kg in a month, or do a crazy diet thinking you'll have a razor sharp set of abs after 3 months is not going to be a good idea.
    Yup, I agree. This is golden advice. ^ :)

stegiss likes this.