1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Yep, my gut has been pretty accurate, so I go with it. There have been other times where I do give him the benefit of doubt, only because my gut wasn't firing off in the other direction. I agree, when the guts knows, it knows.

2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1274: 07/27/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

What is "TRIFECTA"?
    Back, Hand & Foot Massage.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, after a whirlwind of emotions all day, a lot of my points being proved correct... we capped my birthday evening off on a good note. We went to a restaurant that was empty! which is good because there were no triggers and because I was in a flattering dress, but my girls were on full display, no matter how much I tried to tighten things up. Listen, they're big, anything I put on, I'm 'on display', I did notice some eyes... but I did my best to ignore it. Wade and I spoke, we had a pleasant time. Then we got home and had some ice cream cake with the family. Then we listened to a bunch of Backstreet Boys videos :)emoji_heart:) while playing some Monopoly. Later, Wade gave me a lovely trifecta as we watched some TV and then headed to bed.

Today, we took our morning walk, discussing the obnoxious birthday call I got from my brother and his wife, which lasted from our walk, shopping, and all the way home lol. There were a few triggers at the store but I was able to move past it, probably because I was too frustrated with my brother and that talk. Now, we plan on taking our little one to the pool and maybe play a few more rounds of 'volleyball'. Looking forward to Wade's V Lasagna tonight.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Got triggered and worked past it.:emoji_ok_hand:

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1275: 07/28/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we watched some TV as he gave me a hand and foot rub. Sadly, he had to return to work and I went to bed. I wish he could retire already.

Today, we went for our walk and again talked about my brother and his stupidity, along with how Wade's night was. After he went to sleep, I spoke with my mom and told her it is THEIR responsibility, to be honest with my brother and flat out tell him: do not come. I hope they go through with it, as it will seem kind of weird and out of place for Wade to do it. Anyhow, we wanted to go to the pool today, but I am not sure if the weather will turn in our favor. I am going to do a review of our finances and get back to cleaning out my online life.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today, so I could rest easier today.:emoji_ok_hand:

4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1276: 07/29/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Exercise.

Last night, after a soothing trifecta, we watched some more Manifest and analyzed it. I know it is a 'suspense/fantasy' show, but the direction they are taking it is... umm, a bit much? lol anyway, it is still a fun watch. Wade left for work, I went to bed... but my eldest kept me up for a bit longer, which disturbed my sleep. Anyhow, it is what it is.

Today, apparently I ran 5 miles according to my Fitbit, in the middle of the night mind you. This is becoming a hilarious inside joke for Wade and me. He had to stay a bit longer at work, so we couldn't go for our walk, it happens, so I worked out at home. Today, I plan on continuing to clean my online life, there is so much clutter that it could literally take forever. Maybe once Wade is awake, we could take our little one to the store because it is looking like another pool-less day, the weather sucks.

:emoji_two_hearts: My hair is looking good.:emoji_ok_hand:

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1277: 07/30/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Workout.

Last night, Wade did something that I felt was very inconsiderate, and again it was related to the one event where I would like to feel like it/I matter. Anyway, he wants me to get over it and move on, however that is not how I feel or work. Anyway, later that night he gave me the trifecta which put some of my nerves at ease. Then we watched some TV and I went to bed.

Today, I did a very intense morning workout routine, I am sure I will really feel it later today/tomorrow. Wade had to take my dad to his doctor, so we could not walk. The weather is sunny but way too cold for the pool... another summer day wasted, watch as soon as they close the pool for the season it will be 90 again. My mom stopped by for a few minutes, promising to be back soon. In her few minutes here, my anxiety level has hit the roof. Her mental gymnastics in regard to being honest with my brother is driving me up a wall. That's all I will say about that: OMFG UGHHHHHHH. Wade wants me to go to a store when he wakes up to make up for yesterday but I won't, he has to sleep and I won't be waking him up - also, IDC anymore and it's not worth it to me.

:emoji_two_hearts: Did my best not to snap at my mom.:emoji_ok_hand:

6. used19

used19 Fapstronaut

I can relate to this. Going through similar crap with my mother and her major mental gymnastics where somehow in her mind she never lies or is held accountable for treating us like crap - offended that you dare accuse her. My tactic is now to just put her on superficial interaction only, and even that causes me great anxiety. Which in turn makes me way more triggered in everything I'm dealing with related to betrayal trauma (she does not know, she is not safe to know any of it).

Jagliana likes this.
  7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

I love her so much, but her incessant need to always "people please" aka look like the good guy to everyone involved at all times, drives me insane. Mine does not know about this either, she and my dad would judge way too much and not understand any of it.

used19 likes this.
  8. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1278: 07/31/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade.

Last night, after a lovely trifecta, we continued watching and analyzing Manifest, to be honest, as great as this show was in seasons 1 and 2, I can see why it was canceled by season 3. The way the characters and storyline devolved really changes the show for us. I would still like for Netflix to pick it up and maybe use some of their magic on it, but I dunno if it could help at this point. Then, it was time for bed and Wade left for work.

Today, Wade dolled up my hair (thank you!) and then went straight to sleep because we were invited to our niece's birthday at a theme park, so he needs to get as much sleep as possible before we have to go. The little one is excited, I am happy for her, but it's a Sat evening at a place where there will be a lot of possible triggers, sigh. I hope that it will not be too bad there.

:emoji_two_hearts: I worked out, even though I REALLY did not want to.:emoji_ok_hand:

9. used19

used19 Fapstronaut

My mom does this too. And I just recently realized she has real issues with pleasing men. My father keeps being a jerk to her and she's still bending over backwards to please him instead of setting boundaries. No way on earth I'm telling mine. Trying so hard to make sure I teach my children to be real and true with how they are, kind, honest and thoughtful.

Jagliana likes this.
  10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

I totally get it, my mom has never set any boundaries at all. I think it's also a sign of their times/generation too - to always make sure everyone goes home happy. However, I am not conforming and it just continues to irritate me lol.

used19 and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1279: 08/01/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Drive.

Last night, after a long afternoon out at a birthday party... we were so exhausted. There weren't that many triggers there, thankfully, but the gossip was off the hook lmao. We got home late, talked about all THAT, watched some TV, and went to bed.

Today, Wade's parents are coming over later to celebrate my birthday. We went to the store and I told Wade a humourous revelation that kept us busy for the entire trip. We got what we needed, and now I can only hope that there won't be too much drama or any bombshells dropped (on accident).

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1280: 08/02/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Family Day.

Last night, after a wonderful trifecta, we watched some more fantastical TV. Later... we had some fun, our eldest was sleeping over at my parent's place, woohoo. ;-P

Today, we took our kids to the NY Aquarium, today was actually a really nice and pleasant day - there were practically no triggers. Then we went to one of our favorite shish-kabob places and the food there is just a great as we remembered it. Even our little one tried it and ate almost all of it (a great feat for her! LOL). Other than some traffic to and from, we had a great time/experience. I wish all of our outings were like this one. No complaints today! #winning

:emoji_two_hearts: Actually enjoyed our full family day, without a side of triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1281: 08/03/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Sleeping In.

Last night, my body has felt like it was so strained, when Wade gave me a trifecta it really helped. We finished watching Manifest and now, towards the last episode it finally got really interesting again. I think both of us want it to get picked up by Netflix, now. We both wanted to 'do some stuff' but were so exhausted that we just passed out.

Today, Wade went fishing, so we couldn't walk. My alarm went off, but I hit snooze and fell back asleep, Wade suggested I skip my workout and let my body recover. At first, I felt guilty for skipping it, but I got over it and went about my day. When he gets back we plan on running an errand before he heads to bed, praying for no triggers, I need a mental break today and after an incident with my mom. Tonight he is making my favvvvvvvv rice and beans... YUM!

:emoji_two_hearts: Not shaming myself about skipping my workout.:emoji_ok_hand:

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1282: 08/04/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, my client changed my point person and it's not for the better, this is going to be a clusterf*ck and headache for me and my process. I was on edge after this news, then they send me work with so many notes, I hope I can manage it all. I'm not a fan of change, especially when it is thrown upon me without any notice. Anyhow, Wade gave me the trifecta which helped ease some of my mental and physical pain.

Today, I worked out in the morning, it took me a lot of mental strength to get out of bed and go through with it though. I'm not crazy about that, it's been happening a lot lately, I am not as motivated anymore (probably because I am not seeing the results I want). I worked a bit before Wade got home, then we went for our walk. As soon as we got there, a trigger pops up, and then to add insult to injury as we were leaving, another one. In between, we talked about the newest set of "Married at First Sight" couples/matches and what we think of them, aka how the 'experts' messed up yet again. Then we talked about my triggers and how one of the couples will be starting out on the wrong foot and how I feel it is relatable to myself/triggers. Now, I am going to finish this and my breakfast and get right back to work.

:emoji_two_hearts: I got out of bed.:emoji_ok_hand:

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1283: 08/05/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Little One.

Last night, after a relaxing trifecta, we watched the new season of Married at First Sight and analyzed it, something we love doing together. It's funny, I use to watch all of these shows myself and he used to make fun of me for it. Now we watch it together and enjoy breaking it down together. How times have changed!

Today, Wade has a doctor's appointment and then overtime later, so I did an intense workout at home to make sure I get some exercise in. The plan for me is to work the rest of the day, I have a lot of work to do.

:emoji_two_hearts: Inspiring my little one to workout, it was so adorable.:emoji_ok_hand:

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1284: 08/06/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) YouTube.

Last night, Wade was working all evening and through the night. I was doing my own work and the kids got a pass to do whatever they wanted lol However our little one kept stopping by to tell me "very important things", which was a bit distracting, it's a lot easier for me to work when Wade is home and can keep them occupied.

Today, Wade had to take my dad to his doctor's appointment, so no walk again, but I did push myself to do my morning workout. Now, it is back to work for me... my back is going to be really bad by tonight, sigh. This new manager is too damn much, ugh.

:emoji_two_hearts: Worked out despite not sleeping much.:emoji_ok_hand:

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1285: 08/07/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Saving often.

Last night, Wade gave me the trifecta, and omg I felt my entire back radiating, but this soothed it so much. Then we continued watching Married at First Sight and most of our predictions came to pass LOL. This is going to be an 'interesting' season.

Today, I did my intense workout, as much as I didn't want to, I needed to - both mentally and physically. Wade is going straight to sleep because he has to wake up earlier, he was invited to a co-worker's retirement party. He asked me to go with him, I don't mind but the drive is so long ugh, so we won't be able to stay too long or else my parents will go nuts. I hope the weather stays decent and it will be a nice, drama/politics-free gathering. Hopefully, my Mac will stop acting up so that I could continue working in peace.

:emoji_two_hearts: Saving my work right before my Mac freaked out.:emoji_ok_hand:

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1286: 08/08/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Finishing a really difficult image.

Last night, we went to one of Wade's co-worker's retirement party. The event itself was okay, although the drive there and back took forever. I was super exhausted from my relentless work, but I was glad that by the time we got there, I was somewhat awake. Wade spent most of the night by my side, although I did push him to go mingle a few times, I mean it was the who point of him being there... well at least in my opinion. Once we got home, I got triggered because one of our neighbors (a prime of his) was by the elevator, luckily it was a brief encounter but all of the butterflies I felt from his compliments earlier went out the window, which sucks. We were both super exhausted, so we finished watching Married at First Sight and went straight to bed. It was nice falling asleep together.

Today, because I finished all of the images, I will be going back into all of them to fine-tune and make sure everything matches. Wade's phone suddenly died last night, a total black screen and not charging - so he will be taking our little one to T-Mobile and perhaps run some other errands with her. Hoping for an easy day.

:emoji_two_hearts: I finished a super difficult image, hoping the client likes it.:emoji_ok_hand:

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1287: 08/09/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Family Day.

Last night, we had a somewhat lazy day, until my brother called, with his wife* chiming in the whole time... which gave me anxiety, he just does not get the point, so dense, seriously. Anyhow, then we just watched a little TV and went to bed*** wink.

Today, we had planned to take our little one to a theme park, but for some dumb reason, it's closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Instead, we are going to take her to the mall, play some arcade games and let her pick a toy to buy. We hope to still go for a quick walk before though if it does not start raining. All I am hoping for is minimal to no triggers today and no surprise work being sent to me last minute.

:emoji_two_hearts: How my sports bra fits and looks.:emoji_ok_hand:

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 1288: 08/10/2021

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

What is "TRIFECTA"?

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Catch-up.

Last night, after a rough start in the morning (bad trigger), we ended up having a decent day afterward spending time with our little one. After a soothing trifecta, we watched some TV before heading to bed and taking advantage of our eldest staying-over at my parents again.

Today, I heard my alarm but snoozed it and in essence slept in, skipping my workout. Wade went fishing with my dad, so I didn't get to go on a walk either, but I'm not shaming myself, I think my body needed this break. I am waiting on my client to send me the rest of the work, I hope she doesn't wait until the 11th hour and stress the hell out of me with such a time crunch. Until then, I will be catching up on the finances, updating my freelance account software, and making a family video our little one has been asking for. Today Wade returns to work, without his phone -ugh-, at least he has his smartwatch, it's not the same but still better than nothing. I want him home... all the time. :-/

:emoji_two_hearts: Not shaming myself over the guilt of being "too lazy" today.:emoji_ok_hand: