1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My brother is getting married today and i feel absolutely nothing

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hold the Line, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Hold the Line

Hold the Line Fapstronaut

im not excited, im not happy for him, i just want to get this over with and get on to the next day

2. I felt the same way at my brothers wedding , also fielding all those "when are you going to get married " questions was draining

3. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

You’re 107 years old bro. When are you finally gonna wife a woman?

4. At my age I only date women who are between the ages of 18-20 LOL

5. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

I'm going to be in the same boat next year (if they last that long). While I'm happy for my brother, I'm not excited about having to fake smile into the faces of people I'll never meet again. Conversing with normies is tiring.

6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That seems totally normal to me

CarP likes this.
  7. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

o_O

I'm lucky my sister is taking nomarriagepill and noreproductionpill so the burden of having grandchildren is on me, but that also means there's no competition.

But when I do have to go to a wedding I usually just try to make the best of it, you never know who'll you'll meet on the otherside of the family.

8. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Last wedding I attended was a month before the pandemic lockdown in February 2020. There was a guy there whose girlfriend I banged 10 years ago, bad form but I was nearly blackout drunk and she was all over me when it happened. I regretted it but it was also 10 years ago and I don't really beat myself up over it, or really care at all to be honest.

He lashed out at me multiple times, at one point stealing my seat and screaming at me when I picked up my plate to move my food.

9. ljxocpsc

ljxocpsc Fapstronaut

I guess that depends on your relation with your brother. Mine isn't that good and I really felt nothing. I just helped because its an obligation, emotionally? pfft. But for me its not just my brother, I tend to have this emotional lag. When my grandmother died I was not sad. She had been struggling with dementia and diabetes for 7 years, so when that morning she died around 2 am, I was kind of glad. But now I still remember her and do feel that I miss her, maybe not her but the memories we built when I was growing up. The same goes with my grandfather: one day he took me aside and said "I have one wish, that my grandchildren do something for the nation, and I want to die" which he did at 98 years old. Again, the night that happened, no tears were given. What was really awesome is that he actually waited for me. I was the last grandchild to see him because I was out of town that day, after I saw him and talked to him -- one way because he was on life support -- he died as I left the room.

10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

That's understandable.