1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your sincere opinion on masks

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by vikingsarehere, Aug 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

I am really just curious about this one guys, just to get a random sample and see your thoughts on this.

Do you think face masks are only temporary? (They first said 2 weeks and now it's almost 2 years) but by temporary I guess 2 more years?

Or do you think humanity will forever wear masks? (by forever I mean as long as the current technological society and bureaucracy run its course, for all intents and purposes, this means the reminder of our lifetimes).

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

They are here to stay

vikingsarehere and Atticus like this.
  3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Masks at least in their current form are temporary, because:
    1. They are uncomfortable and thus people will want to stop wearing them once they feel safe in doing so.
    2. Disposable masks are a waste of money and natural resources.
    3. Unless covid keeps mutating too quickly to be countered with vaccines, soon there will be no reason to wear masks.

If someone invented better masks, people might keep wearing them because they give a certain amount of protection from air pollution and some diseases. Also at that point different types of masks might be implemented to fashion.

Melkhiresa and ANewFocus like this.
  4. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I would be surprised if it was mandatory to wear them in a years time.

Tbh I really like the face masks. But I like them for a different reason. They seriously help my social anxiety. I can now walk into the supermarket, into shops with very little social anxiety because of the mask covering my face. Where as before the masks the social anxiety I had doing these things was much higher.

ANewFocus likes this.
  5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

For me the concerning part is that at least where I live, they ain't mandatory, but people still use them.

That's a different issue, hiding is never a solution, social anxiety in shops? really?
    I mean I sometimes feel "anxiety" in shops, but is more of the "fuck get out of my way idiots, why there has to be so many bloody people?" kind of anxiety than the I need to hide social anxiety type.

6. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Yeah I think people might still keep wearing the masks for a while. I honestly would be surprised if it went on for years though, tons of people wearing masks.

I feel really anxious to speak to anyone a lot of the time. For some reason if I bump into someone and need to speak to them I feel much less anxious speaking to them wearing the mask than without the mask. I think the masks hide the emotion, the fear in the face etc. So for instance without the mask if I was an anxious wreck someone might really be able to tell this by my face, facial expressions etc. But with the mask all of that is seriously hidden. I don't know there just really seems to be a massive improvement in my social anxiety wearing those masks. I think it's just the fact they hide you, they hide your face, I almost feel like it is guarding me in a way, protecting me, and I don't mean protecting me from covid, I mean protecting me from my own fear, my own social anxiety.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  7. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

They have been wearing them for almost 2 years now, what would make you think they would all of a sudden realize the oxygen level drop and discomfort? And just like the terrorism boogeyman which has been quite useful and never really went away, what would make you think that governments would stop hyping up the plandemics boogeyman? If someone has deep seated psychological issues and needs to cover his/her face to feel safe, I don't think these issues will ever be resolved. Especially when they do not even realize that they have a problem when the propaganda machine tells them they are heroes.

On the other hand if the "tribe" thinks that over population is the real waste of natural resources, I think masks are a small resource sacrifice for a bigger picture of population control (both in population numbers and consumed materials)

It's more than obvious at this point that it will never stop mutating and that they will keep rolling out "vaccines" in an endless cycle.

So basically you are suggesting that the human race discards public facial expression and becomes a faceless masked "creature"? Weren't people few years back criticizing the Saudis for covering the faces of women? Oh well I guess they knew the right thing all along, the problem wasn't that they covered women, it was that they didn't cover up men's faces as well......

8. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I don't like wearing them and I can't breathe in them. I could care less what the science says, those masks didn't stop me from getting sick. I don't wear them at all.

vikingsarehere and Atticus like this.
  9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Ok

10. Sincere opinion? Masks won't stop a virus.

But, I would love to have a better mask, that can stop pollutants. As I live in India, my lungs suffer a lot of abuse from stuff in air that a mask can certainly help with.

11. I just bought a ball gag cloth mask, it's a win-win - it satisfies people who want all others to wear masks as well as my desire to communicate something.

(was going to embed an image but then I remembered what this forum is about)

(subtle sarcasm intended)

vikingsarehere likes this.