1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are some disturbing books/movies/shows/games you have experienced?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Aug 4, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Obviously dont read this thread if you are easily disturbed by stuff in fiction. Although I'm not necessarily talking about graphic sexual content, just stuff that disturbed you for any reason. It could even be a kids show with a visual that freaked you out.

Any book by Hubert Selby Junior seems to be packed with stuff that disturbs me. Requiem for a Dream is the obvious example but The Room is absolutely fucked up.

American Psycho. Let's just say if the movie adapted the book 100% it would be banned.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. The ending to this always gets to me.

The episode of Powerpuff Girls where they travel 50 years into the future traumatised me as a kid.

[​IMG]

Courage the Cowardly Dog. Too many examples to pick just one.

[​IMG]

What are some of yours?

2. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

Pretty much everything main stream lately, especially popular Hollywood movies, if you abstain long enough from pop culture you find it all very disturbing, sick and demented and will find it hard to understand how people could enjoy it.

Just recently I think I clicked on a game trailer for zombies or something, titled dead island or something, and I found it very vulgar and what was running in my mind how could people enjoy this, it is obviously sick. I pretty much think Humanity have regressed and been desensitized greatly. You can only notice these things if you abstain long enough from pop culture, I know I didn't use to think much of it but now it's different.

In the beginning of movie culture. People would throw up if they saw too much shooting or killing in a movie (in black and white old movies!), now things are pretty much gruesome.

3. Any movie by Takashi Miike will leave you speechless, especialy Visitor Q

4. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

I'm not easily disturbed because i grew up watching like snuff films and just a lot of real life gory stuff, but funny enough kane from wwe used to scare the shit out of me as a kid haha. And some episodes of courage did creep me out a bit but in a good way, I loved that show and still do. But now as an adult nothing really gets to me much.

5. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Courage the Cowardly dog was a great show, but it was a really sad show. Those space squids really made me depressed when I was a kid.

Southland had a very disturbing scene of two dudes fighting in the last season. Usually that stuff doesn’t bother me, but it was a really bloody fight.

Xfiles had one episode where this paralyzed women choked to death infront of her parents. I don’t like seeing things like that.

CarP likes this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'd say the only thing disturbing about Dead Island is how bad the game is lol.

Interesting insights though. Reminds me of that story that people in the late 1800's who watched footage of a train pulling into the station ran away in terror because they thought it was real.

vikingsarehere likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Anything Japanese is always going to rate highly on the "wtf-ometer." Even the "classic" Japanese novels are very odd by Western standards.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I thankfully stayed away from stuff like that as a kid. Fiction only gets to me if it's super fucked up or is affecting in a specific way, but real life stuff upsets me way more easily.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I've never watched X-Files, I really ought to.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  10. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Yeah courage the cowardly dog was a freaky show. The most freakiest episode I remember was this human sized hamster pretending to sell vacuums, and it was sucking people inside the vacuum which was making the people the size of hamsters, then it was putting the people in hamster cages etc.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think for me it has to be that weird claymation thing that appears for like 5 seconds when Courage is sleeping. The show's creators were mad geniuses with the stuff they came up with.

12. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

Some movie, I don't know his name.
    I think it's about some two assassins who retired from that job and somehow came back again. Then they kill some people and at one point attack some cult. They fail to kill them all because there are many of them and then those people from that cult start chasing those two killers.
    I don't know why, but while watching that movie, I felt very uncomfortable

13. Blessedby TheMostHigh

Blessedby TheMostHigh Fapstronaut

I remember going to see Rambo 4 in theatres for my friends 13th birthday. Couldn't believe the amount of disgusting gore in that movie. My friends dad must have been thinking what did I just let these kids watch..

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Sounds interesting, I dont know the name either.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think for me gore is only disturbing if it's realistic. Over the top shlock is just that, shlock.

16. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

My schizo friend showed me a gore site before. Didn't bother me, but my childhood was rough so...eh. My sense of humor is quite morbid as well, so that helped.

I often find reality disturbing. Like what was done to the Japanese in America.

DM10 and FirefromAbove like this.
  17. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

Thank you for making this thread,
    First off we would like to point out that on Goodreads james bible figure prominently on that list no idea why.
    I will try to post as many as i can remember.
    1 - lolita -nabokov.
    2 - the girl next door -Jack Ketchum.
    3 - The collector -john foyle.
    4 - Bad ronald -Jack Vance.
    5 - Animal farm because of Boxer.
    6 - the metamorphosis -kafka.
    7 - Blindness -saramengo
    8 - the plague dogs.
    9 - Battle Royale -Koushun Takami
    Those are all we can remember just now as far as fiction goes.
    And if you count comics then the boys.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  18. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

you mean the camps during ww2?

19. Same... Real life is the real freakshow, if you are observant and not live a sheltered life.

Atticus likes this.
  20. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

This one would say that he has lived a fairly sheltered life, did not stop him from walking in to his cat eating her kids...probably should have fed her more often...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021