1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 02/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & after 10 minutes of Kettlbell swings.

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

Using the Iso-Trainer:
    https://www.worldfit.com/product-page/iso-trainer

Doing my own version of this routine

Which are;
    Zercher Squat Bottom Position:
    Strength: 3 set of 3 secs
    Strength/Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 6 secs
    Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 21 secs

Deadlift Bottom Position;

Shoulder/Over Head Press Bottom Position:

10 minutes of Kettlbell swings where I did 180 reps with a 20kg Kettlbell.

So starting off with the zercher squat with my feet pointing outward and I didn't feel much back pain most of it, only when I didn't feel I was paying attention. So I feel I'll keep trying like this, though felt I wasn't low enough, will keep experimenting with it.

Quick question, with me doing squats with feet point outward, like a triangle, than inward, like a box. Is that a bad way to squat? What do you guys think?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Buddhism Is True and palindromo like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

3. 150 push-ups and 30 chin ups in sets of 25 and 5 sprinkled throughout the day.

palindromo likes this.
  4. 03/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before breakfast, didn't had time to do Kettlbellswings today as of other matters.

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

5. Good to see you're still going with this!

I suppose I never officially quit this thread: I'm doing 100 push-ups most days. :)

6. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

7. Yeah, even though it's not push-up related.

Good one on the push-ups.

8. Hiijustpassinthrough

Hiijustpassinthrough Fapstronaut

Cool, love a good challenge. I've got a long way to go. Three is all I've got for now.

Buddhism Is True and palindromo like this.
  9. Hiijustpassinthrough

10. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Better than two!!
    i think for a beginner it is better to do knee-push ups

Buddhism Is True likes this.
  11. Hiijustpassinthrough

Thanks but I'm fine to do actual pushups. I'm trying to work on my form with harder ones. I have tried inclined pushups but they don't really do much.

palindromo and Buddhism Is True like this.
  12. Its the consistency that makes the difference. Swinging kettle, sets of push-ups, doing handstands, what matters is that its done every day.

150 push-ups and 30 chin ups in sets of 25 and 5 sprinkled throughout the day.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
    palindromo likes this.
  13. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

14. 04/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before breakfast, didn't had time to do Kettlbellswings today as of other matters, but I did go cycling with my girlfriend, which was quite a cardio as of haven't done it in a long time.

Which are;

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

Feel good, though felt I wasn't as hard as I've felt with my Squats and wasn't up right with it either. Will remember to keep up with a straight back next time.

palindromo and Buddhism Is True like this.
  15. Forgot to post yesterday.

150 push-ups and 30 chin ups in sets of 25 and 5. 10 minutes of jump rope.

palindromo likes this.
  16. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

17. 05/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & after 10 minutes of Kettlbell swings.

Which are;

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

10 minutes of Kettlbell swings where I did 205 reps with a 20kg Kettlbell.

Marshall 5 and palindromo like this.
  18. 06/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast, as I just didn't feel like doing 10 minutes of Kettlbell swings.

Which are;

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

Found some shoes to wear with the straps so that it doesn't hurt my feet, though they are running shoes and wondering if I should invest in lifting shoes, what do you guys think?

palindromo likes this.
  19. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut