1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. purplebat14

purplebat14 Fapstronaut

2. Ever Forward

Ever Forward Fapstronaut

3. moshingpanda

moshingpanda Fapstronaut

hello, day 4/90

4. 58/90 Cruising to victory with vigor!

5. Tuinuane

Tuinuane Fapstronaut

6. Ice22

Ice22 Fapstronaut

Anything is possible! I know a guy on this forum who made it beyond 450 days and more, another one did 6+ years on monk mode. Our brain gets tricked into looking at P but there's always a solution to every problem, including to solve PMO addiction completely. 45 days is very impressive. Remeber that most people can not do that. Most PMO-addicts are not even on this forum. This problem is so massive it's rediculous.. It exist in every country but few are determined enough to even search for help online. Often times one of the best things is to find something like a hobby that take your focus away from P during your streak. Addictions is almost always like a chain; one addicition connecting other addictions.. and where one addiction may trigger another. And so forth.

For example, one guy on this forum said something interesting that also happened to me. He said that when he started to play his fravorite strategic video game it triggerd his urges to watch P. For me it can be foods like choclate or cacao powder, or drinks with caffeine in it. I think you would be surprised how easy it gets when stimulants are avoided completely.

The brain also reacts to familiarity and associations.
    For example: You're doing nothing (or do certain things) -that makes you bored, then you use P to kill that boredom.. Then the brain associates that boredom with watching P. The brain does not understand that it's bad. It just see it as a source of dopamine. It's programming, but it's not permanent. It sounds scary but don't be afraid. Every unconscious decision making /behavior loses it's effect when you become aware of it -and act on it. About 95% of our decisionmaking/actions are unconscious. You are a pure state of consciousness observing your own thoughts. You can think "ah, okay there it comes again.. let's see, if I go on with this I will feeeel.. like shit!... hmm, I don't want to feel like..that.. Hm.. How about not doing it then!? Good!.. Now what can I do instead?.."

Also be aware of the flatline. It's completely natural to feel bored by ordinary things at first because you have taken away your main source of dopamine. Suddenly you have "nothing". This is where your brain starts to heal. Over time you will become normal again.
    P tend to get worse the more you watch it, it happened to me. That's why dispite my relapse I can't watch the things I used to
    (thank god, or.. thank me).
    And even before when I did watch that hardcore P I felt disgusted by it, but still felt that I needed to watch it, even though I hated it. This happens to many. It's not because of you (the real you), it's because of an imbalance in the brain caused by.. well shall we call it dopamine poisoning? Actually it's more like your brain had too much visual junk food, and it got sick, it needs to rest, and it needs healthier "foods".
    It's not permanent and anyone can get healed! Including You!

Why do people stop their longer streaks? I think it's Fear, lack or a Long Term Plan, and lack of knowledge and insights about how you functions as a person.
    The fear part for me was that I thought something was going to happen to my semen production, or that it would become worse in quality.
    Now that I have ejaculated 5 times after 120+ days I can say that: that fear is gone. NOTHING wrong happens with your semen production, it only gets better. That's it. The body absorbs the excess semen or when you urinate. (With Semen Retention techniques you can avoid losing the semen/essence.

Every person should ask themselves this question. How natural is it for us humans to have P and those birght Screens around us everyday 24/7 ?
    Back in time when people only had lanterns, or the moonlight to navigate through the night. They did not have anything near the stimulation that we are bombarded with today. Or brains are not made to be bombarded with information 24/7.

When it was time for intercourse the man and the woman only had each other to focus on.. there weren't too many potential partners to choose from either. Today we have a sh*tload of dating apps (most focused on s*x or immoral things like cheating) with tons of men/women to choose from. This have confused women so much it have turned their hypergamy into an absolute extreme where 80% of the women (or more) only wants the top 20 guys, or nowdays more like the top 10-5% of the men.

But anyway, today we also have an enormous amount of P streaming sites, and other free sources of se*ual images. There must be hundreds of billions of them, if not trillions. It's insane how much it is. And when people search for vides there's too many alternatives, too many genres, this confuses the brain and the brain gets over-loaded with information and it produces too much dopamine and no oxytocine is involved ("love hormone"), there's never love in P.. and no real life partner is involved, only pixles on a screen.

I know you can make it. See it for what it is. P is crap, it's garbage, it's trash, it's an endless black hole where you throw away your energy for nothing in return except pain and a void. I don't want to do that anymore, actually I never wanted to do it. And now that I'm aware. I will make better choices than I made before.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  7. Hato

Hato Fapstronaut

I'm such an idiot - I relapsed without any resistance, all of sudden. I read your perfect hints here just this afternoon, but in the evening I couldn't resist. It's a big puzzle... But to fall means to rise again. The way is in my head, only my brain doesn't get it (yet).

8. lookingtochange

lookingtochange Fapstronaut

Day 1/90. Been struggling, but that is normal, can't get mad at myself. I also can't get lazy, either. Now that I'm not swimming underwater, I need to hold myself accountable by coming here everyday.

9. Ice22

Ice22 Fapstronaut

Well there's nothing wrong with your brain. Look at me, I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Actually it was a choice (my choice and a bad one). But as I said you always get: either a lot wiser, or a littlebit wiser every time after a relapse. Every bad experience can be useful knowledge in the future. Your own insights are the most important thing. Me myself "couldn't resist" things before, but eventually I gradually improved and here I am. I actually did this "nofap" thing 10 years ago but there was no forum called Nofap or anything like it that I knew of. I didn't fully understand the seriousness of my problem at that time.

After you've managed to do one more day compared to your previous streaks, you will go from a limited "zoomed-in" perspective of your problem, which feels and looks like a puzzle. Like a mess. You can't see the bigger picture of what's really going on. But every time you learn something, and after every new insight you will zoom out a little bit, and finally you will get the bigger picture. Suddenly the puzzle isn't as complicated as you thought it was. You may not know how all the pieces fit together first. But you can then see every piece that you couldn't see before.
    And when you can see every piece you can "build" a full and clear picture of how your problem works. That's how I see it. Then you've "hacked" your problem, literally. Then it can no longer fool or control you becaues it has been brought out of the subconscious, to the conscious mind.

Just take a 10 deep breaths, forgive yourself, love yourself and get ready for another streak. We are with you, and we're here to lift you up when you fall!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  10. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

11. The_Rock87

The_Rock87 Fapstronaut

12. radhouane

radhouane Fapstronaut

13. Nekkhamma

Nekkhamma Fapstronaut

76 days done. I’m gonna try to get one more.

14. Hato

Hato Fapstronaut

Thank you for these very good thoughts, with which I totally agree! They are again a great help for me (and probably for many others). How good to know such people on the side for this challenge!

15. Hato

Hato Fapstronaut

I think this is an important point I'm still looking for: What to do when I'm bored? When I'm busy there's mostly no problem. But when I'm bored the dangerous moment comes that the brain asks for more. I often then try to go out in nature, do sports or meditation, or play the piano, but this doesn't always work. Such moments are my biggest trap.

16. Ice22

Ice22 Fapstronaut

Yeah, I have the same problem man. Especially after day 45 on my previous streak. But you seem to have a very good plan. I mean you do something so I think you will be okay. At some point I think boredom can be very difficult to avoid. Over time it will go away and you will enjoy normal things more again. Nature helps a lot. Cold showers too, I took a cold shower yesterday. Actully reading a book helps a lot too. First it can feel boring but it forces you to focus, kind of like how cold showers forces you to be more present in the moment.

17. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

I agree with you 100%. There may be so many things associated with your addiction, for me it was/it is alcohol... 90% of my relapses were after a drink. I had that sort of routine where I was having 4 beers and then... you know what... and bcos I felt disgusted with myself in order to get better I was having more alcohol. It's a loop, circle.
    You need to find something that you will love and cherish. Some passion, goal, hobby. You need to put your sexual energy into that. It could be your faith, study something, hobby, fitness, some IDEA, something that will fill your life with some sort of meaning. Nofap is a journey, a marathon. Keep it happy, positive and busy, focused. Learn about yourself, study your soul your heart. Find time to reflect, to stop and think. When urges comes... just wait, pause for a moment and think... what is it, why do I feel that way, what the urge is, is urge going to dictate my actions, what's behind that urge, what do I need right now, do I need 3 hour P session messing my brain or maybe I need something elase with more meaning, it could be rest, simply eat something, call a friend, go for a walk, prayer, meditate, do a couple of push ups or something elase. Pause and ask yourself questions... It's not the answers that enlightens but the questions...

Slider8, Timothy_James, Ice22 and 6 others like this.
  18. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut