What's in a username?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Jun 1, 2015.

1. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Everyone's username seems to have some cool meaning behind it! :) Mine is just my old Runescape username. CL, my initials. the 555 is completely random, has no real significance! PS @IGY , I too am a fan of Steely!

Star Lord likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

Steely Dan are extraordinary aren't they @CL555? I love Larry Carlton's playing, for example.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    ifthisislove likes this.
  3. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

A classic, @IGY! Larry is a monster, have you checked out his own albums?

4. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Fapstronaut

Mine is derived from the best starting hand in Hold 'Em poker, a pair of aces. (Odds of getting aces: about 1 in 220)

RaisingAces to me means that I'm putting out my best effort from the get go.

Star Lord likes this.
  5. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

6. My username came from the internet handle for a character in the anime Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai ken or I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying. It's a fun sitcom slice of life anime which deals with the married life of a hardworking office lady and her otaku husband.

Destiny Fucker, whose real life name is Miki, is a good friend of the husband and is an anime and manga enthusiast similar to me.

7. A potato person

A potato person Fapstronaut

Potatohead-(stupid person (who wastes his time fapping like an useless idiot (that was what i was doing when i joined) ) )-potatoperson
    Aah... so proud of myself for the brackets

Star Lord likes this.
  8. Finally Done

Finally Done Fapstronaut

Finally Done comes from being sick and tired, being at the state of Enough is Enough. I am Finally Done with all this deginerate, disgusting, dopamine filled happiness, pmo crapola. Finally Done states my
    new lease on life from pmo because "I AM FINALLY DONE" with it all. Great question and the best of luck to you all.

9. Temujin

Temujin Guest

Really enjoyed the film 'Mongol'. Decided to call myself Temujin.

10. OddTheOodle

OddTheOodle Fapstronaut

My username is the name of a Randy Travis song in which he talks about being able to let go and trust in your ability to do something (like ride a bike down hill with "No Hands"). He also talks about the person in his life that helps him realize who he is and reach his potential. My wife is that person for me ("Heart"). I want her to be able to see me be the man I want to be ("Look").

Also, there is the tongue-in-cheek interpretation of No Hands.

Eric'sBlue likes this.
  11. burningmidnight

burningmidnight Fapstronaut

I thought that burning and midnight just sounded wonderful together. I liked it the first time I came up with it.

12. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Mine's named after my favourite Northern Soul song, I love NS and I'm pretty good dancer too :)

Since I haven't PMO'd my dancing steps and acrobatic moves have massively improved!

13. bean

bean Fapstronaut

Bean is Ender Wiggins's right hand man-- his "shadow" -- in the universe of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

I've always had "ender" as some part of my handle for accounts, gamertags, IDs etc. For the last few years though, I've felt like Bean -- always in the shadows, always having to struggle, and not being able to reach my full potential. I've always felt like this isn't how my story is supposed to go, that I was living in a darkness and despair I wasn't supposed to. Like Bean, I hope to overcome impossible odds, blaze my own trail, grow to my full potential -- and finally step out beyond the shadows to become my best self.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. BBX555

BBX555 Fapstronaut

BBX555
    So, not very imaginative!

Bravo, Bravo, X-Ray, 5 stakes, 5 sausages, 5 beers :)

15. WhoStoleMySock:
    No, it's not related to my PMO and how I used to fap into a sock until it got stolen.

The name is from the racehorse Who Stole My Sock?

Fell in love with the name, so... here it is!

Star Lord likes this.
  16. H0wCanIBe

H0wCanIBe New Fapstronaut

H0wCanIBe:
    A song written by Nela Otuafi, it asks "How can I be..." like various people in the Book of Mormon, and wanting to be like them. The climax of the song is about trying to be like Jesus Christ.

17. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I picked my username after Star Wars, I was supposed to be the chosen one until PMO addiction came.

Star Lord likes this.
  18. I don't have a username. Its my real name which means to blossom

Star Lord and HippyMinstrel like this.
  19. That's a beautiful name to have Ankur.

Ankur Sharma likes this.
  20. IGY

IGY Guest

That's a good one. You might find this short video inspirational...