1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching Netflix 16 Hours a Day !

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Furozima10, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Furozima10

Furozima10 Fapstronaut

Hey guys

My problem is that I'm addicted to Netflix and Series.

So actually my life routine is Basically this:
    I wake up at 4pm, I start right of by turning my TV On, because i Have a TV in my Bedroom, I grab a coffe from the kitchen, And then i start binge-watching Series on netflix, after 2-3hours, I order Food online for lunch, Basically junk food (Pizza Hut / Taco Bell / KFC / McDonalds / Burger Kind). I eat it on my bedroom and still watch Seriess while Eating. right away after eating my lunch, i wait a little bit before ordering my Dinner, mostly (2-3hours) and then I order it Online (Junk food again). and I eat it.
    Actually I'm overweight, but the thing is that I don't have Any goal in my Life (No School / No Job / nothing) I'm only living from my parents Money. I was dropout from school at young age. I don't have a degree, and I can't find a Job.

What should I do with my Life?
    Is this Lifestyle bad for me?
    What are your suggestions for me Guys to improve my Life !
    And What Can I do beside Watching Netflix all day long cause I have basically nothing to Do at all (No job / no school) so that's why I spend time by watching Netflix cause There is nothing to Do and I get bored easily.

ForceMaster likes this.
  2. Go find a job/ Get into a college or school. Dont waste your life .

3. So what, you sit around in bed all day, in a pile of your own filth, and you ask us what you can do to improve your life? Why don't you try going for a nice walk in the park, among the birds and the trees, anywhere has to be less depressing than your trash-strewn bedroom where you Netflix and chill (on your own).

4. Change your sleep pattern right now, go to bed at 9-11AM, then wake up soon.

Remove your TV in the bedroom, if you don't do this, you will end up falling into this cycle of laziness, as well as bad lifestyle.

Also get rid of (if possible) or limit your coffee consumption, coffee leads you to nowhere, it makes you have unsatisfied sleep at night.

You must change yourself, you must have develop indestructible beliefs/self-love/self-esteem/self-respect that you are DESERVED to have a best lifestyle you have always expected before, I know, I have been in your scenario many times before, but during my shades of gray...

There's always a hope inside of me, a fearless, persistent, adamant voice endures along my journey (relapses, set-backs, success), it always told me the HARSH TRUTH:"

You must wake up from that fantasy world, it's a meaningless world, it makes you cramped in a cage of pleasurable lies, you had a strong belief that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, isn't it? Break through the adversities and become a strong man you always want to be, a strong figure for your future family, for your wife, for your children and especially, for YOURSELF"

Find a part-time job, learn something new, build a healthy habit, exercise daily or 3 days a week, go counselling, ask therapist for your problems, learn about your brain and NOFAP, make decisions, face the truth, love yourself, stay disciplined, read books, play guitar, learn a new language, change your lifestyle step by step, learn how to code, learn how to invest, journal, positive self-talk and affirmations, grasp that bright future and become a champion of your life.

You can do this!

You are asking yourself mutiple questions, proving that you have already started a fight, in your own mind, to be better gradually every single day.

Take a look at my current life story in my profile, I'm currently taking a gap year despite already passing The College Entrance Exam, because of my strong beliefs, I never give up on myself, although I smiled a little and cried numerous times... I'm staying at home right now too, but I don't give in my bad habits: watching TV/anime, playing games, PMO,... because they are not an option for me anymore, I LOVE myself more than them, they're nothing but a toxic and unhealthy trash for my both mental and physical health, I believe that if I keep consuming them, I will end up harming myself.

Crawling, don't stop fighting, crying a little, wipe your tears, keep moving, no matter how progress you have made so far, stop a while and saying to yourself:" I love you, there's always a hope, there's always a light", then keep moving persistently and patiently, if you're tired, stop a while, caressing your heart beating lively and say to yourself:" I'm so happy"...

Then you perk up, a sun of hope, is smilling with you. You take a look behind, there's a hopeful pathway you have walked, that's your progress.

Proving that you're living as a strong human being, as a strong man.

Fuzorima, you're strong!

You can overcome this stage of your life, and be the greatest man on this earth.

Good luck! :emoji_relieved:

5. whitelion41

whitelion41 Fapstronaut

Hi Mate,

You are getting a lot of advice. I dont know if it is possible 'just to quit'. You have a lot on your plate mate. I think you can try and do one little thing at a time.

Also, as for work: I highly recommend volunteering in a field you might be interested. Volunteering can give you opportunities to explore different vocational opportunities, meet people and its usually a more relaxed environment. Also in the long one, have Volunteering on your CV can definitely help!!

88991s, ForceMaster and Krishna Das like this.
  6. whitelion41

whitelion41 Fapstronaut

Don't say that.
    We are no lazy, there is a reason why we do things.
    Man he is suffering and I don't think I am better: when I act out and go on voice chats, I can binge for a whole weekend. Fucking waste of time. It's difficult to stop a behavior which became became routine and then an addiction.

We are not better than this 16 year old.
    He is smarter than me if he is asking for help when he is 16 and not 41 like myself.

7. Yes, the lifestyle is bad for you. You aren’t achieving anything in your life, your escaping reality. Life is suffering, but avoiding the suffering makes the suffering worse. If you do things that are easy, your life will be hard. If you do things that are hard, your life will be easy. Reality gets better when you deal with reality on your own terms.

Escapism can be healthy in small doses, but detrimental in large doses. Moderation is key with everything in life.

What I can suggest is a work from home job. Here is a list of work from home jobs that don’t require a college degree/work experience:
    https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/how-to-make-money-from-home-no-work-experience/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/feeds..../work-from-home-jobs-no-degree.html?_amp=true

8. Usernameallowed

Usernameallowed Fapstronaut

I've been there ..it's an odd one .

earn money , get out and get daily physical activity , get out in nature join a sports group or something . Hiking mountain biking whatever join a gym . You can still do the easy going stuff ... But it's better to live with variety. Life can get fairly monotonous and empty at times if your isolating for too long and get comfortable. Sometimes its good to switch it up

ForceMaster likes this.
  9. ForceMaster

ForceMaster Fapstronaut

Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Riser likes this.
  10. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

11. Malcolm_X

Malcolm_X Fapstronaut

Get. In. Shape.
    Stop your Netflix subscription (even better, block it) and read some books.

12. Kddyy

Kddyy Fapstronaut

I think you should start small first go and get membership of a gym and buy the book habit by charles duhigg it will help you and try to destroy or sell your tv

TimeToQuitNow and TrueSaiyan2.0 like this.
  13. Sylveon389

Sylveon389 Fapstronaut

I've blocked it again because you reminded me to be strong.

Malcolm_X likes this.
  14. CaptainStrat

CaptainStrat Fapstronaut

No kidding.

1. Block Netflix
    2. Go to Beachbody.com and get a membership. Cheaper than Netflix, so you'll be saving money.
    3. Find a good beginner workout program and mark a date on a calendar when you will start.
    4. On that date, do the first workout NO MATTER WHAT. NO excuses. It won't kill you.

Do the scheduled workout every day. Before long, you'll have more energy and you'll want to watch what you're eating.

This will change you life.

15. modernstore99

modernstore99 Fapstronaut

I think it's pretty obvious to see that this isn't a healthy or sustainable lifestyle.

It may seem useless and overwhelming to get your life back on track and into a fulfilling place, but you have to chip away at it a little bit everyday. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Focus on yourself and improving yourself everyday, don't worry about the achievements or lives of others.

Do more positive things everyday than negative things. It's pretty subjective, but think of it in ways like this:
    • Spend less money than you make every day
    • Spend more time learning useful information than useless material or entertainment
    • Eat more healthy food than junk shit and sugar
    • Spend more time around other people than alone
    It may seem insignificant, but doing a little better everyday has absolutely massive consequences in the future.

I think the best thing for you is to just get a job. Doesn't matter how menial or low paying it is. Get into a habit of making money and sustaining your life. If you don't like your lifestyle, you're gonna have to either work harder or increase your personal capital in order to make more money. Start off by getting a job, and then go from there