1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Get Over Her?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by WhoStoleMySock, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I'm 17 and in my last year of school. Stressful, stressful year..

We met each other when we were 13 at school. We're still at the same school. She fell for me straight away apparently, but I waited until puberty took its course and fell in love with her at 16. She never stopped loving me and a few months later I asked her out withOUT my parents knowing (baaaaad move). She agreed.

However, she broke it off with me 7 times, and always came back. Because of the parents thing.
    This time that she broke it off, she hasn't come back and has been saying to her friends that she has no more feelings for me and likes some other guy. It's been a week and I don't think she will come back. She's been saying "We'll see" to the future, but.. Should I really believe that when she tells me "She wants to spend the rest of her life with me" and then a week later breaks up with me?

I wanted her back, so I covered Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran, to which she replied as if she wasn't budging.

Her and I had been in an on-off relationship for around a year and a half. When we were madly in love, it was the best times.
    And I miss her, but it's probably for the best as she's more focused on her social status and partying and drinking than me, who doesn't party nor drink (yet).
    Plus, as you can tell, she has the same commitment issues as a 6 year old.

But, she was also helping me with my NoFap journey. She is the only person out of my family and friends to know about it and she encouraged me to keep going.. It was working.
    But, I would 'O' when we were making out, and she'd always say she loves me no matter what. Yeah. Okay.

So, this is why I need your help.. I need to get over her and move on with not only my love life, but my NoFap life as well because every time she's broken it off, I get lonely and relapse. Yesterday was no exception (see counter) and previously I made a week. So 3 days after she broke up with me.

Any advice? I'd love to hear it.. Going from other websites, I've written out my pros and cons about her, but even though the cons outweigh the pros, I still love her..
    And I'll be happy to answer any questions if you're unsure.
    Thanks, WSMS.. :(

2. NewGrip

NewGrip Fapstronaut

It is always sad when it ends. Take your time and try to stay focused at other stages of your life. It may feel like it will never end, but it will, and you will feel better. Distance over time helped me when I broke up with my girlfriend of three years, when I was your age . I am now 23 years old and have a five-year long relationship behind me, so I might have been a little quick on the trigger. You are young , and love has no hurry . Live your life and enjoy every day.

Time makes it better, and lots of luck on your journey.

WhoStoleMySock likes this.
  3. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!