1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Im Ready To Quit

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by NoMoPo1, Aug 22, 2015.

Where do I start?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2015.
  1. Basic rules

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Challenges

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

This is my attempt at quitting PMO. Im actually trying to start a new life in Christianity. Not going to church, on my own. I went to a Christian school until freshman year in high school. Just now is that I realize that a life in Christ is better for me and my family. I need to quit PMO and move on with my life.

mnh78614 and NewGrip like this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! This is the place to start.

May I suggest you look around and learn; spend some time finding out more about how this addiction works. Knowledge is power. You'll also find out how others have overcome it, and you'll be in a position to apply those lessons to your own life.

NoMoPo1 likes this.
  3. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Will do. Thanks.

4. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Ok, so I'm gonna start today as my day 1. Elimimating this from my life is what should be done. This is going to be religious. This is going to be for the glory of God. So I can try and live as Jesus Christ lived. I know that no one on earth can be 100% righteous in the eyes of the Lord. But, this is my attempt at striving for it. Here we go! #NoMoPMO

5. Welcome NoMoPo1.

Being religious will help u a lot in ur journey. Never give up to the urges. Ask your God for strength so you CAN overcome this problem easier.

NoMoPo1 likes this.
  6. NewGrip

NewGrip Fapstronaut

Welcome! Good luck on your journey.

7. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kinds words. I know that religion is a touchy subject for a lot of people. I appreciate it.

dudenotperfect likes this.
  8. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Thank you. It will definitely be a journey.

9. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

I don't know if this would be considered as a journal. Either way, day one is done! Im about to turn in for the night, kids start school tomorrow! Thanks for the support, friends.

NewGrip likes this.
  10. mnh78614

mnh78614 Fapstronaut

I've found religion to be very successful for my journey so far too. Although I'm only on my day two, God has really been my motivation throughout this journey. Although we may have different beliefs our objective is the same, to become closer to our lord. I suggest reading passages from The Bible and memorizing them, that will keep you occupied and you'll feel better mentally and spiritually :)

11. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Hey, day 1 is done! Day 2 is today. Thanks for the support!

mnh78614 and NewGrip like this.
  12. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Day 2 done! This is a piece of cake yall!

13. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Day 3. So far so good. No stress or temptation or bad thoughts. God is good!

NewGrip likes this.
  14. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Day three is done. Today is day 4. I've noticed that I have to do a substantial amount of rebuking thoughts as soon as they pop up. The longer the thoughts hang around, they tend to grow into worse situations. Other than that, smooth sailing! Good luck, friends.

NewGrip likes this.
  15. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Day 4 all good. Day 5, I'm starting to think I don't have a serious problem with PMO as I don't really think about it or crave it. But, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and keep on. I must say, I'm not stressed and I don't fantasize about attractive women when I see them in public. I do have a slight awkward feeling when I do look at an attractive woman, I just look away and think about something random. That seems to be working for me. Good luck, friends.

mnh78614 likes this.
  16. NoMoPo1

NoMoPo1 Fapstronaut

Success! This is not as hard as one would expect. I think people are giving PMO more credit than what it is. It's easier than quitting smoking and drugs. Both of which I've done on my own. With the help of the Lord God, of course! Day 5 done, today is day 6. I'm not good at keeping schedules, lol! Keep the fight strong, friends.