How to deal with loss of family member

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hadrian3, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

It's something totally new for me and it seems to be more difficult than I thought. I literally can't believe it. And I also have so many thoughts swimming in my head which makes me unable to focus on my work. The life and the world has changed for me after the loss. It feels like the life became heavier on my shoulder and darker in my eyes.

Need some tips and also need to know how much time it's gonna take to get back to the normal life.

PS Lost my father a few days ago.

helloguyz likes this.
  2. I lost my dad in December. It definitely takes bit time to recover yourself as you might notice there might be many moments you might not feel well or feel mentally depressed or feel insecure(in my case). You should try to spend most of your time with your relatives who understand you. They’re the one who can really understand you at this time. Also don’t keep your thoughts within yourself try to express your feelings to them. This will definitely reduce the pain you have in your heart.
    Stay Strong!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Hadrian3 likes this.
  3. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

Accepting death as a part of life is something that helped me in those situations.

But now I’ve read something interesting in Victor Franklin’s book (Man’s Search for Meaning) on the subject. Untitled.png

helloguyz and Hadrian3 like this.
  4. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

I hope this helps you at least a little.

helloguyz likes this.
  5. I lost my lovely father during the begining of this year - 17 January 2021.

It was hard so hard...I was very close to him, I accepted it and tried forgetting about that tragic event...

I've lost my mom too 10 years ago, Now I'm lonely in this world!

Are they death ? Yes, they are! Are they alive ? Yes! In my memory, They are death only in there physical form! But in my memory they are always there! And they are always on my side! I can still dream about them!

And I'll fight and give on my maximum potential 100% only to achieve their dream! Especially my father's!

Starting with a full year recovery from PMO!

I don't really care much about it, becauuse I accepted the fact that - It's the way it is - We must accept it - Every story in life is different, so is our destiny, and everything happens for a reason!

Believe in God and Accept that he's on your side! And keep on fighting and building yourself, The Best is yet to come!

Rest in Peace to your Lovely Father - Be the son he wanted you to become! He loves you! Make sure to become his Perfect Son! He'll be proud of you!

You can do it! We share the same feeling you and I.

Good Luck my friend, If you need someone to talk to, I'm all ears! - Start by going through the One Year Challenge of NoFap!

If I can do it you can too, You now have a strong reason to achieve your maximum potential, Don't waste it! Good Luck my brother!

gordie, Hadrian3 and helloguyz like this.
  6. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I see you write about this a lot, and I never really pieced together that your father passed so recently. I’m really sorry my man. You seem like a pretty strong dude and im sure he’d be proud. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Mr.Tony and Hadrian3 like this.
  7. Thank you so much, I appreciated it.
    I wish you as well a great life full of joy and happiness, thanks again for your kind words.

gordie likes this.
  8. Most ‘normal’ passings you can handle. But if things are a bit more complicated or simply too heavy, get a session at a therapist.
    I regret not getting any help when I was younger.

Hadrian3 likes this.