1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Art Appreciation Thread (show the community your talents)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Knight Solaire, Aug 18, 2015.

1. This a good thread.I will upload my drawings when I get the chance,very interesting drawings @Sun Bro !

axy_david and Strugglesaurus like this.
  2. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

Thank you buddy. I'm excited to see yours

The 1000 Water Fists likes this.
  3. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

it's paint.net, but I was thinking in a more humorous way, not serious.

4. Temujin

Temujin Guest

Some seriously impressive drawings here. I'll be watching this and maybe even upload some. I'm very much a beginner however.

5. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Did you see my drawing? That was my first time indeed, it's not hard man! It's so easy my 6 year old sister can do it. All you have to do is believe in yourself!

Knight Solaire likes this.
  6. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

I meant to compliment you too, Axy. That's great PS work. I've mucked around in it a bit and making something that looks good definitely takes skill.

Kudos, sir :)

7. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

naaaaahhh, it's nothing special man, I venture into musical art, not drawing one.

8. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Nonetheless, good work there :)

9. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Ich bin sehr froh, dass es euch gefallen hat!

10. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Und ich bin sehr stolz auf ihre Elite künstlerischen Fähigkeiten!

11. Moni

Moni Fapstronaut

Just something that popped in my head, not terribly brilliant but I'm posting it anyway :p

I waited forever in my room,
    Hoping that life would come soon.
    But then I realized
    That life is a Ferrari
    That can't be stopped
    That has to be chased
    That will obey you,
    Only when you drive it yourself.

12. A potato person

A potato person Fapstronaut

Awesome drawings!!
    Keep it up.
    Nice one anyways

13. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

14. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

It's not about how it looks, it's about sending a message.

15. I am having trouble uplaoding my file.It keeps saying my file is too large:(

16. MadHatter

MadHatter Fapstronaut

I really enjoyed this piece!
    Nice work!

17. Moni

Moni Fapstronaut

Thank you :)

18. Knight Solaire

Thought I might upload a short story I wrote and a poem that I wrote awhile back.

Indigo

I was awoken to the sound of thunder crashing outside my bedroom window.
    Granted, at the time I was only twelve and had no specific reason to fear thunder, but every child has that thing that startles them at that age so don't judge me.

I jumped out of bed to look out the window because even though I feared thunder, I thought the sight of lightning was beautiful.

It was as if the clouds were growing glowing trees rapidly before my eyes and the trees' sole ambition was to touch the earth with its fiery branches.
    I was startled and dumbfounded simultaneously.
    As I was watching this botany influenced light show slowly I turned to return to my bed.
    I lay myself mid crouched on the edge never taking my eyes off the window.
    Finally, as a force of sure willpower I was able to fall back asleep.

The reason I am describing this night to you and the way of the storm is because I believe that night and the dream that followed were the sole purpose I am where I am today.
    Getting back to that night, I had just started to fall asleep when my dream state kicked in.
    In the dream I was walking down a emptied side walk recognizable from the one next to my childhood home, and after about ten minutes I come upon a homeless man begging for change.
    Being the kind hearted lad I was I dropped a dollar in his cup and started on my way home when I was stopped by the homeless man.
    He thanked me and told me he would give me something in return.
    He said to remember one word when watching storms....indigo.

I wanted to ask him how he knew about my hobby but was scared so I ran as fast as I could home so I could tell my father about what had happened but as I reached the front door I rose up from my bed ending my dream.
    The only thing I could do was ask my dad what the word indigo ment and he told me it was the mixture of the colors purple and blue.

As I recall the old mans eyes where a purplish blue color.
    Not to mention my favorite color was blue.
    So when I watched storms I needed to keep a look out for the blue so that I could figure out what happened when indigo was was created.

So from then on every time there was a thunderstorm I would look for blue.
    As I got older I started to be able to see a slight tint to each lightning flash never any purple but a lot of blue.
    I would document each strike by how the tint of blue lightest to dark and I did this all the way up to my twenty third birthday when I finally experienced the first purple strike ever.
    I only seen one but knew exactly what I must do and what that old man ment by indigo.
    My hypothesis was to find a way to draw a blue strike and a purple strike and combine them somehow.
    This was a problem because I waited so long for that one purple strike so I decided to live my life and finish college .
    A couple years past and I met a girl named Hana who also enjoyed storms just as much as me and it just so happen that her favorite color was purple.

She seem to be the only one that didnt think my hypothesis was completely crazy so I fell in love with this girl and she loved me back.

The only thing we could never agree on was the tint of the lightning she would always see purple and I would see blue.
    But our love for each other never faulted.

As we grew older together I never saw that purple strike until about a month before my thirdy fourth birthday when you were scheduled to come into this world .

There was a major storm going on outside and I cared you around the hospital in my arms I peeked out the window and saw two strike simultaneously strike a tree outside.
    At that moment I realized it had nothing to do with lightning, you were our indigo.
    Now that you are old enough for your mother to give you this you will understand.

So I leave you this letter in my will and the final thing I have to say to my daughter is that I know your favorite color is blue and I wish you all the luck in the world in finding your purple.

19. Knight Solaire

Odd Mr. Toad

Two Boys were walking down a road,
    From out of the wood appeared a toad,
    The toad told the boys they better behave,
    Or Odd Mr. Toad would make them his slaves,

These boys were frightened not by his words,
    But the way he talked and how they heard,
    These simple words they can't admit,
    These simple words this amphibian spits,

Lies! They said without a reason,