1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Better heartrate while running after rebooting?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by internetpioneer, Jun 24, 2021.

1. I don't know if it's my heartrate monitor, my body or a general thing.
    It's not a subjective observation, as I monitor my heart while running for the last 5 years, more or less. There has been slow improvements (lower heart rate) as I got in better shape, but after 15 days of rebooting my heart beat rate in easy runs (not tempo or intervals) have been reduced considerably. I got less tired, and could keep the pace longer.
    My theory is that constant PMO kept a background level of heartbeat abnormally high, when that stimulus disappear, the heart rate goes to lower levels even when running or doing any other exercise.
    What do you think? Any other experience in this sense?

eagle rising and Sethblue like this.
  2. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I have experienced the same. The underlying mechanism? For me, it is simply more energy distributed to the body rather than using that to release. Scientifically? I don't know. Great that you are seeing the benefits either way!

3. My heart rate was 'always' high and often I would have arrhythmia (irregular heart beats) . Doctors told me my heart seems to beat at faster rates than average but no underlying problem was found so they just told me this may be the case for my body since its not common but it happens.
    Resting, my pulse would be 80+,working out my pulse would be 160+.
    Every time i get on a decent nofap streak, my pulse gradually slows down (currently 65 while resting) and i also dont have any more arrhythmia (or at least nowhere near as often).
    I dont know the scientific reason behind it but i know that it works for me.