1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritual awakening

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Aug 22, 2021.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Did anyone experience spiritual awakening? And why do we experience it?? Feels abit like anxiety attack??

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Why do trees grow?

3. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I had one and it drastically changed the course of my life. I think it might feel like an anxiety attack because heaven and hell, unlike ordinary experience, have a property of total unification. That’s my theory at least; I only felt mildly anxious in that moment.

Also, it’s possible that when you experience reality as it truly is, your sense of self is often broken down, and this is uncomfortable.

*just want to add my experience was not influenced by drugs, because I know psychedelics induce feelings of oneness, depersonalization, and mystical experiences, which I do suspect are valid but not what i experienced.

BoraxKarloff likes this.
  4. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

Several, over a lifetime. Why? Because I'm constantly looking for spiritual connection, in everything and everyone. When another level happens, it's beautiful.

When I came back from 5 months in an Indian ashram, everyone looked at me and spoke like they knew me, but I had radically changed. Only my father saw the new man in me. "That time in India was like my time in combat," he said. "I can see it in your eyes and feel it in your voice. You're not the same person."

Nothing to be worried about. Some day, your physical body will fail...then you'll REALLY see some shit! Until then, relax and enjoy, I say...

sam30 likes this.
  5. maybe, idk maybe I was just tired

BoraxKarloff likes this.
  6. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

this guy is talking about thirst induced hallucinations, not a bad way to go.

BoraxKarloff likes this.
  7. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

ur bananas lol

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

You mean a hangover?