1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is life worth living?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Maltheal, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

I have some friends but I'm still lonely. I have a good life but I'm sad. Things seem fine on the outside but I'm dying on the inside.

2. Man, you need Jesus. Cause true joy comes from making God happy. It will make you alive and born again.

3. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

I'm trying everything but no use.

4. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

pcmaster is right. Many people are sad today, because of no faith or hope.
    People in third world countries like in south america are more happier than us.

See also:

determined99 and pcmaster like this.
  5. You don't have to try Jesus, but stick with Him. Just like you don't try wife or food or drink or air, but you take all these things cause you need to them to live.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
  6. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing such a great video. I can't find any meaning for my life I can see the problem now.

7. Heres another good video about life's meaning.

Maltheal likes this.
  8. Jesus is optional. You need friends. Activities. You need to start living the life you want. What are your goals? What excites you? What have you always wanted to do but didn’t think you could? Find a way to make that thing happen.

9. Jesus is the key. I was lonely and Jezus didn't leave me alone in a sense that I met other faithful people who became my friends and it became the life I want and is exciting.

10. Hello my friend, you may have depression or you might been caught up in a bad situation where you isolate yourself. So from the perspective you have right now, life appears gloomy or meaningless and you ask 'is it worth living'.
    But you should take into account that its due to your perspective that it appears like this.
    As you can imagine, there are a lot of other human beings that right now have a completely other life experience (other brain chemicals as well) and thus have a completely different perspective. And I would say, that you yourself also had once a completely different and much more positive perspective on life and that in the future you will again have a completely different and much more positive perspective on life.
    Even if everything appears gloomy - things change. Don't they?

Whatever this life is, you have it, right? You have only one life (as far as we know).
    You have no choice but to live it. Maybe you put much pressure on yourself because you think you need to be something in life, live it in the right way, do meaningful stuff ...
    if this is the case I can understand it a 100%. But we need to deal with the real life. With fates of other people which are much more worse of and with our own fate which is unclear (in the future) and sometimes seems to make no sense (but what kind of sense are we looking for?). Everything else is from Hollywood movies.

We are only humans. And it's human nature to feel down sometimes. But please think of the future you - the potential future you, that feels great and enjoys living - you should do something for yourself. Moreover, it would be good for other people too, if you get better and your mood changes for the better.
    So this could mean to care a little more for yourself, put less pressure on yourself or it could mean to seek help because you might have a depression. First thing would be to diagnose it, of course.
    To your information: people with a depression have a brain chemistry that just make them feel miserably. They don't have a worse life or bigger problems than healthy people. The difference is, that at some point their brains have started to react heavier on life issues.

If you have issues with what could be a depression but you don't want to seek help, I can't judge you, because that's what I did myself. Luckily it went away, but in retrospective, for all I can say, it seemed to be clinical. I can only say: don't be as stubborn as myself. But anyways, I hope that you'll be fine!

88991s likes this.
  11. Personally I like the healing methods (and voice) of the Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh (everytime struggeling with the spelling lol)
    which is good to deal with negative emotions or states, but also for general well-being.

Here's one video, I'm not sure which to suggest but this could be a good introduction to the core method (which is all about breathing)

And this is one where he adresses societal / psychological problems and in the context talks about those methods of breathing and mindfulness

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021
    Maltheal and Chris_Cactusblossom like this.
  12. Apparently death just makes things worse, so stick with this life thing while you've got it.

Maltheal likes this.
  13. Do you Journal? If not I highly advise you do. Journal daily, write out what's in your head and get it out. Later you can re-read it back and use it to figure out why you are feeling the way you are feeling and you can do something about it.

Maltheal likes this.
  14. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Learn meditation and appreciate the fundamentals like the very breath you breathe. Having Jesus in your life may help with some people but exercising humility in any form will, which is what Christianity is essentially. Obviously if you tell yourself the only that that'll make you happy is a shiny new Ferrari then everything else wont.
    I would advise against writing a journal as well. Or even seeing psychiatric help. These things tend to make you zoom in on the problem, making them bigger when you should be zooming in on the things that surpass all of these; enlightenment, thusness, purity of spirit, all of which can be realized through meditation practice. Detachment is the key to happiness, but the pursuit should never be happiness itself. I think that's the mistake a lot of people make.

Buddhabro2.0 and Maltheal like this.
  15. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

I think believing the merciful God is the key, regardless of religion. I am not religious but I believe in It and love moderate christians, muslims.

BrighterFuture and Maltheal like this.
  16. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

bull, have you ever lived there? poverty and abuse does not make anybody happier.

Maltheal and determined99 like this.
  17. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Perform austerities. You must rise up within!!! You have been psychologically conditioned from a young age to let go of your inner power! The inner will! You must find it again! It circulates in your blood! It cries out for victory! Do you feel it?

do not forget about it!

Maltheal likes this.
  18. Follower of God❤️

Follower of God❤️ Fapstronaut

Life is worth something that one in million or a billion experiences.
    Out of millions of sperms only you were able to find the way to a new life.

Maltheal, garmenclyde and jcl1990 like this.
  19. If you're not going to live life, what are you going to live? Death?

Maltheal likes this.
  20. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Amazing insight.

Maltheal and garmenclyde like this.