1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the Harsh Philosophies you believe in!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Aug 27, 2021.

1. I believe in the Similation Theory, Maybe we are nothing more than Computer Characters in an Advanced Society.

2. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

Interesting thread. I guess these are more hard truths than harsh philosophies:

My ego is my biggest problem. I am my worst enemy.

The path to hell is easy and is paved with good intentions. The path to heaven is uphill and treacherous.

I am extremely ignorant, and so are you. What we know is but a drop in the infinite ocean of what we don't know.

Suffering is an essential ingredient for growth. No pain, no gain.

There are many more but I think that's a good start.

3. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

Are you an atheist?

4. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

Not at all. But the way most people imagine God is infantile. He's MUCH stranger, cooler, and more terrifying.

SickSicko likes this.
  5. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

A few more worthy mentions:

Life is inherently dangerous. Death is always around the corner. We just like to pretend it isn't.

The Truth is a sword with no handle. To try to wield it is to be cut by it.

The vast majority of people are somewhere on the spectrum of insanity.

We have great amnesia with regards to our own lives. We remember very little of it, and most of what we do remember is rather vague.

K, I'll stop.

SickSicko likes this.
  6. Why do you think so?

Mr.Tony likes this.
  7. Well, I'll explain it:

When you look at the universe: our planet "Earth " the Sun and The Moon and the whole galaxy and it's stars, You can see a certain type of Order!

Everything seem to be in order! Everything! The Night and Day - The Earth circle around the sun in perfect order...

Now when it comes to us, We suddenly found ourselves prisoners of our bodies! I'm me ! You are you!

But no explanation at all... Yes Religions! Does exist but it doesn't answer all questions! There were no rules to begin with when you and I came to conscious!

So... The point being is - We are part of a simulation that really doesn't give a care about our feelings... And I believe You being you and me being me is maybe Random Spawn in our bodies.

I believe that some future generation of human beings decided to create a simulation for their incestors, their incestors are us!

8. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Not toxic. Sacrifice in the present for reward in the future is the basis of civilization, our ability to do it over the long term is literally the only thing that makes us better than chimps.
    Debatable. Many psychologists believe sex is an inherent need and some outlet is needed in order to conduct a healthy life. Many psychologists are also personally addicted to PMO. Monks in various religions have been able to lead fulfilling lives while remaining completely abstinent. Others in those same religions diddle small boys on the side. It's up to you.
    Yeah that's toxic. Your Beliefs, Dreams, and Goals need to be on a reasonably consistent cycle of cost/risk/benefit analysis. I recognize "suicidal" could be a hyperbolic term, but if you kill yourself over anything, you can no longer fight for them.
    That's a vague statement. Do you believe SR will improve your overall physical or mental health, improve your attractiveness to and from the opposite sex, or that it will make you grow muscles and a monkey tail and spiky blond hair so you can fight Majinn-Buu? Clarification please.
    Not toxic. The term "extraordinary" is self defining, of course an out of the ordinary life requires out of the ordinary behavior. The question is, do you want an extraordinary life? I think most of us do. Extraordinary in what way, though? Could be good for you, could not.
    Define "the full potential."
    Referencing that "Extraordinary in what way?" question. Professional athletes give everything, mentally and physically, to their sport. They are the best, and I admire that drive, that commitment, but they destroy their bodies. They get overuse injuries, they reach their 40's and struggle to walk or run properly, dealing with chronic pain. Many die early, and the mental side? After their bodies are used up, they are forced into retirement and discover they have been defined by their sport. Without it they are nothing, and they are devastated. If it were me, I'd say I over-invested in an unsustainable venture. Unless I had a plan to stay in the sport in a non-athletic capacity (coaching, training others, commentary), or a plan to switch to a secondary career.
    If you want that, you need to be very selective about where you seek number one. You also always need to remember; someone is gunning for you, and some days you'll be number two. It's going to happen. You need to prepare so you aren't mentally destroyed when it does.
    It's rare, I grant you that, especially in peaceful contexts. It happens, though. Be realistic about the relationships you form outside family, but don't allow yourself to become cynical. That way lies the path of depression and suicide.
    I'm not going to disagree. Different from the ordinary, but we do want to be extraordinary, don't we? Find a way to effectively practice this, you'll make your wife a happy woman.

Gratitude is never a bad idea, that's the opposite of toxic.

My harsh philosophies
    -Human baseline is to be selfish, and it takes a tremendous amount of conscious effort to countermand our tendencies. The most common forms of progress come from mutually beneficial arrangements, and violence/domination.
    -Life is suffering. Some people live more fully than others, and it isn't fair.
    -Humans are wired to personally care about roughly 50 people. More than that, others become an abstraction.
    -Dwelling on harsh philosophies, no matter how true they are, will turn you into a cynical, self loathing hatebeast who isn't helpful to himself or others. It's difficult and unusual, but humans are capable of rising above our lazy, selfish nature and doing extraordinary things for our people.

9. Yes. I can definitely recognize that there is thorough, consistent Order and laws that govern this universe. I don't think that's a bad thing. I do think it's a good thing. I do think order is a good thing.

I don't know... I don't feel like a prisoner of my own body.
    While I'm sure this is well thought out- I feel like you're missing out some information, like... What does it mean to be a prisoner of your body? If you're a prisoner of my body, where else are you supposed to be? And what do you mean there were no rules to begin with when you and I came to conscious(ness?)... rules regarding exactly what?

Personally (and this is just me), I don't need the Order of the universe to care about my feelings, because, like you said, my "feelings" (relating to judgment, emotions, memories) were not there when I was born. Why do find that to be a point of significance?

Also, what's an incestor? Is what you mean ancestor?

10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Life itself doesn't understand right and wrong, only understands success and failure.

It doesn't matter what you do, or for what reason you do it, you either succed or fail, in life we are either winners or losers, in every single aspect of it, the rest is just excuses and rationalization of failure.

That being said, there is value and lessons in your failures, that will help you.