1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would be the best thing to do to get back on track after relapsing?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Uni_boy22, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Uni_boy22

Uni_boy22 Fapstronaut

I have masturbated today. I was trying to search for a guided meditation video to transmute sexual energy. There was a video where it emphasize self pleasure and manifestation to transmute sexual energy. Within the meditation the instructor actually asked to rub the genitals to increase sexual energy so to use that for manifestation. Then, I couldn't control the urge and masturbated. What are the things that can I do to motivate myself to get back on track? I am sure that I will be back on the track but wanted to overcome the feeling of guilt and so on?

Beekind likes this.
  2. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

Forgetting this(clear your mind, ocupy with other thinkings and preocupations) and continue living your normal life

Uni_boy22 likes this.
  3. janjijoni

janjijoni Fapstronaut

Be careful. The Western perception of Tantric practices have been misperceived. Especially during this New Age breakout of popular theme on meditation. While it is true that it could enhance your sexual energy through practice, Tantric practices is very esoteric. Meaning that you need a spiritual master to guide you. And I highly doubt, given the nature of the Capitalistic Materialistic western society today, that any of the Tantric master could give you a free course -- let alone paid course. Because the Tantra itself meaning 'hidden', 'esoteric', 'secret'.

I would rather suggest to take a broader path and simplest -- yet powerful -- meditation; which is Theravadin Meditation.
    That is divided to two categories. Samatha for Tranquility; and Vipassana for Insight.

While also Vipassana course have become popular these past decades. It needs a heavy emphasis on practice -- personally guided.

I would suggest Samatha, with the Object of Meditation of 'mindfulness of breathing', where you become mindful of your own breath. Good luck! Oh, and there are many YouTube videos that can explain to you the ways toward Anapanasati (mindfulness of breathing) meditation.

Uni_boy22 likes this.
  4. Uni_boy22

Uni_boy22 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I was just exploring the best thing that could work out for me to use that energy instead of suppressing it. Since there were a lot things on the Internet and YouTube, I was confused on which one to choose. Now, I will focus on the meditation that you have suggested. Thank you so much

5. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Get back up with no shame or guilt.

Uni_boy22 likes this.
  6. KKS123

KKS123 Fapstronaut

Don't worry about it since you didn't PMO just pick yourself up and continue

Uni_boy22 likes this.
  7. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I don't know much about meditation. But since you mentioned you wanted ways to use that energy, I would like to recommend weights and/or cardio. Even going for a bike ride or walk can help.

Whenever I get off track, a bit of exercise, healthy food, and change of scenery (read: get outside away from screens) does wonders for me.

Regarding guilt: Take it easy on yourself man. While you can one day live without PMO entirely, any flip ups along the way are lessons to learn from rather than reasons to give up or feel bad.

Uni_boy22 likes this.
  8. Uni_boy22

Uni_boy22 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your advice and suggestions, will give it a try:emoji_hugging::emoji_hugging: