1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 93, trod on!

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Very good bro, very good :). That´s it, one day at a time, do the best you can, and you´ll be allright :)

3. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Yeah bro , we need to take it one day at a time.

4. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship :)

Feeling not so great today, i slept poorly today and my motivation, energy and mood has taken a plunge. In the morning i was well, but after lunch came a big crash. however i´m doing the wim hof breathing and drinking lot´s of water to minimize this, and feeling slightly better now :)

Small urges, nothing to worry about.

Have a great day Companion friends!! :) Checking out.

3rd sheet for the manual counting ;)

manual check 3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  5. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Day 60
    Today little bit headache because I have stopped caffeine from today, so as I take coffee in the morning ,, but didn't take today so felt headache. Caffeine is very dangerous for rebooters as I have read from many senior rebooters articles, so bros what are your opinions about using caffeine during rebooting?

6. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

Day 27
    Urges are slowly building up and I must remain vigilant not too slip off the track.

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Maybe go easy on yourself and start gradually changing them. Like shopping from the list of what you need, a bit less sugar and fat every week and 1 movie less per week to study something new instead.;)

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

another day and quite a few urges out of the blue. Done deadlifts( 40 minutes of them) and walked a bit(farmers walk),prayed(for an hour) and drove for 2.5 hours(got a trap-bar for deadlifts and it looks like it's easier with trap bar cos it's quite forgiving and allows more room for mistakes ;)). Had a massage in the shopping center's chair(5 minutes) felt good. I mean you just drop a coin in and have a 5 minutes of some sophisticated machinery massaging your back while you sit,chill and observe people walking around you.:)

9. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Thank you, my friends! 90 days is a big milestone for me, and my success so far is all because of this great community with so many people generously sharing their insights and advice.

10. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Ah, well, reckoning the days has never been my strong suit. Almost three weeks down now!

11. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Thank you! Means a lot =)

12. Are-we-there-yet?

This is great! I can use my new pen on it!

13. Are-we-there-yet?

That's fantastic man! Happy for you =)

14. Are-we-there-yet?

I understand entirily. I really struggle with self-discipline too. What I've been doing which has been really helpful is to pray every morning to "not run away from what I must do, but do it." I also tell myself this as a mantra. I try to filter everything through this lens of "do I need to do this or is this running from something else?" It's really difficult at first but as with everything, it slowly becomes a habit. You learn to work. I'm not entirely there myself but I've noticed a great improvement.

Have grace with yourself too. Just because you didn't get everything you wanted to be done (a rare thing) you reward yourself for doing what you did and improving. You'll have good day's and bad, but keep working at it. You'll get there mate =)

15. Are-we-there-yet?

I had no idea... I'm drinking caffeine right now in fact haha. I think it's like anything else. Moderation is key.

16. Are-we-there-yet?

@EpsilonDelta Congratulations! That's so exciting! Yuh wizard.

17. Are-we-there-yet?

Alright! I think I caught up with everything. I'm now down at Uni and I had a few days being all busy with family. Sorry I couldn't post.

However! The family is gone and I can start getting into the rhythm and schedule of things. I'm currently on day three and have had only minor urges. It's good to be back with you guys!

Step by ferocious step to Mount Doom!

18. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

19. I am on Day 3.
    My longest streak was 27 days almost a year ago. I haven’t had many over 2 weeks since then. Need to make some progress and suffer through the urges this time.

20. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

35 days or 5 weeks. Going strong in the grace of the lord!