1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase in alcohol, sugar and junk food during nofap

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Anyone have this issue? I eat almost no sugar these days but lately I’ve craved sugar during my five weeks of abstinence.

I can honestly say it’s helping me abstain but I wonder how badly it’s hindering my progress. Anyone have some in-depth experiences with this?

edit: oh and alcohol too. I’ve struggled with alcohol a long time but it’s especially bad now.

in some way I’ve always had an addiction whether it be coffee or cigarettes or alcohol but I never tried quitting masturbation. I think that’s been the real enemy all along because until now I never regarded it as harmful.

2. The first week I was eating really bad like I needed something else to do with my time.

wicket and Billybrasco like this.
  3. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Pretty common. It's your brain trying to get you to replace one source of "feel good" with another. Same reason so many people put on weight after they quit smoking. Physical exercise while you're rebooting is crucial if not to sublimate the urges at least to mitigate the effects of extra food/alcohol consumption if you're not able to give up everything at once.

4. Yeah I always exercised long before trying this but the cool thing is now exercise gives me a new high that I never had before thanks to my dopamine system changing.

wicket and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Step by step. I'd agree that M's one of the bigger ones to quit - be kind to yourself with the other stuff till you feel like you're ready to cut back or what have you.

wicket likes this.