1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has dating apps made women objectify men?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by confident_cobra, Sep 3, 2021.

1. With so many single men out there on the dating apps, with almost everyone pouncing on women who respond, I know that women will have a huge boost of self confidence, that they can get any man they want. But has this made them view men superficially? Do they have way too many options on their finger tips and become way too picky? And because of the hookup culture, be less trusting of men? Is it just me who can't find a date on a dating app, or are there other men too? Has it helped some, but ruined it for most of us?

2. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

There is a pareto principe working on online dating and dating apps.
    80% of the women are only looking for the upper 20% of the men.

That's why the upper 20% are getting all women and use these dating apps to get fast and free sex with many women. It's like a free harem.

The rest 80% of men are struggling to find a women and in general dating apps are waste of time for them.

Of course this is boosting the confidence of the women, if they get approach by hundreds of men.

But this game is changing with the age. Women beginning at 40 and 50 are struggling to find a men; especially a men who wants a serious relationship. Older men starts to get a lot of attention of women of the same age, but are not interested anymore because they are looking for younger women and without any baggage like children etc.

3. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Is really easy.. woman get bombarded in this apps by guys that want to date them. If a woman have 100 guys asking her out, she is only going to say yes to the top 5 in her list. If you are not in that short list, she is not going to date you. She is just going to use you for validation, attention and somebody to chat to when she is bored. In worst case scenario to use you for a free meal or drink.

Turn it over. You said that you are not getting woman in this apps. Let's suppose you are a male model and open and account in this apps. You are going to get a lot of matches from woman, and of course you are going to be in every woman top 5 of guys so all that girls are going to be willing to date you. But now you have 50 woman wanting to date you but only.. 2..3 nigths a week to date. YOu are going to pick the best 2 of your list. It's the same woman do... when you have options you can choose the best ones.

In todays online apps, average guys have maybe a couple of match a day when an average woman have 100 matchs a day. So... average woman have plenty of guys to choose from. If you are not one of her best options, then you have no chance with her.

Online apps works for top tier man. If you are average you are going to really struggle with it. You have more chances in real life.

Ghost79, curling_cobra and depeche69 like this.
  5. Could you explain?

6. An excellent take on dating apps. This totally makes sense.

7. I have now said goodbye to the last dating app I had on my phone. Hinge. Yep deleted. Gone. Goodbye.

I met someone recently who said she is on Tinder. And I could really sense the damage it had done to her. She would judge men based on they holding a fish on their fishing trip! And she said she doesn't like facial hair. So that's out. I just realized how quickly she was judging men and accept/reject them based on these trivial unimportant superficial things. Our brain has truly shrunk to extremely low attention span and we are ending up trying to make a major decision in our lives in under a second!

Damaged by a dating app! She will probably need to go through a reboot from dating apps! But first, she needs to realize that the dating apps are the problem, not men.

Infidel.48 likes this.