1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Philosophical Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Aug 19, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

This thread is about philosophical quotes about anything you find wise, profound, interesting from a philosopher

Wicket W. Warrick and aricking like this.
  2. modern milarepa

“It is difficult to find happiness within oneself, but it is impossible to find it anywhere else.”
    ― Arthur Schopenhauer

3. modern milarepa

"Love and hate cloud completely our judgment: we only see flaws in our enemies, in our beloved ones only merit, even their defects become worthy of praise."
    ― Arthur Schopenhauer

aricking likes this.
  4. modern milarepa

-To become wise you have to want to experience certain experiences, and so to run into their open jaws. This is very dangerous, to be sure; many a "wise man" has been eaten up in doing so.-

Friedrich Nietzsche

Beekind and aricking like this.
  5. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

"It's only after we loose everything, that we have the power to do anything." - Tyler Durden from The fight Club.

6. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

"the moor has done his duty, the moor can go"

aricking likes this.
  7. aricking

aricking Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Quote of my most favorite philosopher,

"The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free" - Baruch Spinoza

Beekind and modern milarepa like this.
  8. alastircook827

alastircook827 New Fapstronaut

“Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily” – William of Ockham

9. "Reading and quoting are no substitutes for living and doing." - Unknown.

aricking likes this.
  10. DefendMyHeart

DefendMyHeart Fapstronaut

"Resentment is the emotion that goes with complaining and the mental labeling of people and adds even more energy to the ego. Resentment means to feel bitter, indignant, aggrieved, or offended. You resent other people’s greed, their dishonesty, their lack of integrity, what they are doing, what they did in the past, what they said, what they failed to do, what they should or shouldn’t have done. The ego loves it. Instead of overlooking unconsciousness in others, you make it into their identity. Who is doing that? The unconsciousness in you, the ego. Sometimes the “fault” that you perceive in another isn’t even there. It is a total misinterpretation, a projection by a mind conditioned to see enemies and to make itself right or superior. At other times, the fault may be there, but by focusing on it, sometimes to the exclusion of everything else, you amplify it. And what you react to in another, you strengthen in yourself.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Master Builder and aricking like this.
  11. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Found this a bit cheeky

The intelligence of that creature known as a crowd is the square root of the number of people in it.
    Terry Pratchett, Jingo (Discworld, #21; City Watch, #4)

Meshuga and modern milarepa like this.
  12. CastratedLegend1

CastratedLegend1 Fapstronaut

Living for happiness is retarded and it keeps retards in line

13. modern milarepa

It's true. Thanks for your wise words castrated legend.

Never leave us

aricking likes this.
  14. saddestguy

saddestguy New Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm posting regarding the quotations I think you had posted in 'Philosophical arguments against PMO', I am not able to find the post anymore but I wish to read the quotations again, if you have them please post them or send them to me.

15. InformalPermit8701

InformalPermit8701 Fapstronaut

I admit I'm not sure what the exact, or rough, parameters are for a philosophical quote, but hopefully these fit in there somewhere.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." -T. E. Lawrence

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible---- and achieve it, generation after generation." -Pearl S. Buck

onceaking likes this.