1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it true that women you’ve known longer are more likely to reject you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by rubiksnerd45, Sep 8, 2021.

1. rubiksnerd45

rubiksnerd45 Fapstronaut

I have known this girl for about 5 years. We don’t talk often, but she is quite friendly to me when we do. I have been thinking of asking her out, but since we’ve known each other for so long, I don’t feel it’s worth it asking her out.

2. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

Tbh, sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have never really cared about losing a female friend over expressing interest in her.

Plenty of married couples knew each other in highschool. Sometimes they reconnect 5 years later to marry.

WildEntheology likes this.
  3. My opinion....I would say go ahead and ask her out. I would rather know that she's not interested in me romantically then wondering every day. From personal experience it's better to know she is not interested then wondering every day. It might hurt to get rejected but better to know and move on to meet someone else.

4. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

This. I think one reason that people get more "game" when they get older with these situations is because you learn how much more humiliating it can be to try and stay friends with a woman and slowly weasel your way in while she dates other guys. The guys that never try always end up circling around her and hissing about every dude that she bangs, both reinforcing her feelings for that dude while pushing the orbiter away further. Find out and move on, don't try to play some ridiculously and infinitely subtle long friendship game, because it never, ever works. If she says no and still wants to be friends, then great. If she's going to say no, you're not going to get laid either way.

5. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I doubt there would be any reliable studies on it. The best way to find out wether someone is interested is through being upfront about your desire to date them. Since you don't talk to her often, you shouldn't have much to lose anyways.

6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

7. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

Do it, rather than regretting not to ;)

Trust me, I regret the ones I've never asked but not the ones that rejected me.