1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessing over an Ex

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by bomaster, Aug 27, 2015.

1. bomaster

bomaster Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

So a girl broke up with me back in June, but the longer I have been involved in NoFap and continue to improve myself I find it difficult to get over this girl. Last night I majorly fucked up and messaged her about my feelings and of course it backfired. I know most of us have been through this, so I was wondering what tips and tricks you use to get over an ex? I just need to keep my mind off of her, but am struggling on how to do that.

AlltheRageBackHome likes this.
  2. First of all, "no contact" is always the best route to take after a break up. If a girl breaks up with you, don't message her. If it's meant to be, she'll get back in touch with you. I can assure you that.

I don't know what it is, but the longer streaks I get to on NoFap, the less I think about ex girlfriends. I've dealt with break ups before while engaging in NoFap, and at least several days in, I begin to think about them less and less.

When I do NoFap, I realise that it helps with my emotions. I'm less all over the place. Therefore, I'm less thinking about things that do not matter. I'm not yet sure what the theory behind this is.

All I can say is that time is healer my brother. Just last week I was thinking about my ex girlfriend so much and my heart was in pain, but now I'm not thinking about her at all.
    I think all of the sexual transmutation I've been doing has been helping with this. Semen revitalises the body. It really does, so maybe that is why it helps, and maybe this is why I feel like my emotions are more "together" when I do semen retention for at least a decent amount of time.

Just keep going and see how you feel. NoFap helps me to deal with really difficult situations. Whenever I PMO, instantly, I'm back in a spiral and I'm thinking about my ex again 24/7. It's so weird.
    I'd advise strongly not to PMO while dealing with a break up (obviously, I don't advocate PMO at all). It makes dealing with emotional pain worse, at least from my own personal experiences.

Also, just allow yourself to feel the pain of the situation. Let it take it's course in your body. Negative emotions cannot leave our body until they are fully felt and experienced. Just sit with the pain and let it leave your body.

3. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Man, I have been the king of fucking up when it comes to ex-girlfriends in the past. One thing to bear in mind is that 99% of the the time, once a girl says it's over. It's over. It's a bitter pill that we all must swallow man. - Now some people might argue that this is bad advice, but often a great way to get over a girl is to get with another one.. I've heard some females say 'The best way to get over a guy, is to get under another'. I believe this applies for both genders.
    - Men handle breakups way worse than women dude, don't sweat this too much!
    Good luck with your reboot mate.

4. Zin

Zin Fapstronaut

Pursue the next girl that takes your interest.

You will get over her so so so so fast.

This is the fastest way I've found. Its like opening a new chapter in your life.

Good luck :)