1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-discipline: How can I learn to do things I don't feel like doing?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Like Nofap for example, or cutting down fast food, or doing some work or studying

How can I learn not to give a fuck about my feelings and simply DO IT?

Like Navy Seals who get tasered but still continue walking

How can I not give a fuck about my comfort zone? And just do things based on my rational decision making?

If you think about it itd be such a powerful tool. Even if you feel physical withdrawal, NO, YOU STILL DO IT

It's kind of sad to see that THIS is technically all we need to stop addictions, stop procrastinating and do the right decisions

And not wait until it feels good

But HOW SHOULD I BE ABLE TO DO THAT?

2. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

You change your identity.
    Your will power isn't enough. It has to come from within.
    Have a burning desire , or what someone called magnificent obsession, and renunciation becomes easy.
    Example: CR7 is one of the greatest soccer players, he has an obsession with being the best. He doesn't smoke, he doesn't take drugs, he doesn't consume sugar, and he doesn't drink.
    Was it hard for him giving up all the vices?
    Not a bit.
    I used to be addicted to pmo, caffeine, energy drinks, soda, chocolate, and negative/ worrying thoughts.
    I became obsessed about becoming a better man , and i easily gave up on them all.
    ( witbdrawal symptoms were tough though)

3. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It's not about 'how you should do it'. It's about the way you choose to engage with it. It's about the mindset that drives you each day. Are you doing it because you are determined, desperate, angry, needy? If so, then these are all emotionally strained forces behind the change you want to achieve and that will lead to failure because these emotions are volatile, unpredictble, explosive and short-lived. They are born from fear and loathing and are ultimately negative, so can only produce negative results.

Or are you doing things because you actually enjoy doing them? If you come from a plce of genuine love and desire, or 'want' for something, then it'll be a walk in the park. Genuinely wanting to do something because you actually ENJOY it, will be a hell of a lot easier than if you are coming from a place of confused need, or desperation.

Vanquisher12 and ANewFocus like this.
  4. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

when you have a staff monitoring everything you eat and forbidding you to eat most of the things you like it is not that hard, especially if you train 4-6 h per day(not including workout).

Beekind likes this.
  5. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

You missed the whole point mate.
    Other players have what he has got but no one renounced more than he did.
    Go read about his strict regime.

6. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

i hear you but those *vice* is not something any serious athletes would do, i remember balotelli being spotted smoking and it caused a big-ish scandal what i am getting at here is that in their world this kind of thing is expected.

Beekind likes this.
  7. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Ronaldo's diet is extremely strict.
    His training regime is also strict.
    So many footballers smoke.
    The man has sacrificed even before becoming a pro.
    The point i am making is that when u are obsessed with a goal, giving up anything that will stop you from achieving becomes easy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    ANewFocus and Akbarmagnus like this.