1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Stan and Ollie 9/10.
    Fascinating film about Laurel and Hardy, a true story about their life.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  2. Hell or High Water - 10/10

Great film about brother bank robbers. Very well written and acted. Chris Pine, Ben Foster, and Jeff Bridges.

One very brief sex scene with brief nudity, I personally don’t find it triggering but wanted to say something just in case.

thinking_differently likes this.
  3. Watched "The Thing" on halloween night with friends. They all liked it and called it a master piece but I thought it was pretty shitty. Movie wasn't even scary, just very gorey and disgusting 3/10.

4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

10/10

A bit different to most war film since it's set in WWI. Cinematography is incredible at times. It's probably Sam Mendes greatest film ever.

Taylor25 and BB82 like this.
  5. Mmmmmmmmm

I have not been to the cinema since the Rise of Skywalker in December 2019. :(

6. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Coco Channel, 7
    nice perfo by Audrey Tautou

7. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Thank you. I never liked this film. I never been a fan of horror films involving parasitic things, with the exception of the 1st Alien film. I never found any character interesting and overall I found it boring. The movie is over rated.

8. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Watched Unforgiven last night. A Clint Eastwood movie. Really liked it until the last 20 minutes. I feel like the director just said "Fuck it lets just hurry up and end this movie" last bit was rushed as hell.

9. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker. 4/10 I think, the only Star Wars film it beats in my ranking being Episode VII: The Farce Awakens, purely because it at least has some original elements, which VII lacked in huge amounts, being a dire, soulless remake of Episode IV. IX has some really interesting elements with the Sith dagger, Exegol and Palpatine's plots and so on, which could have been great as a way of setting up an original story in the first film of the Sequels, but these are sparse and far-between amongst the escapist and woke trash elements that we've come to expect in the Sequels.

Good job Abrams, you poisoned one of the world's favourite sci-fi franchises.

10. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

The Art of Self-Defense

9/10, the antidote to your plain vanilla guy-gets-bullied-but-trains-very-hard-in-a-montage-to-fight-for-the-hot-chick with lots of dark humor.

modern milarepa likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Good to see this thread back. I used to enjoy coming here after seeing a movie.

The Whole Truth
    6/10

From about halfway through the movie I suspected there was going to be a twist. The twist made me question other aspects of the movie.

E31 likes this.
  12. pureMe

pureMe Fapstronaut

Don't breathe 2. 8/10

13. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
  14. The Idiocracy
    I give it about an 8. Really stupid but then again it's meant to be :)

Brain-Police likes this.
  15. Anybody seeing Halloween Kills this week?

16. EYES OF LAURA MARS (1978) - Faye Dunaway, Tommy Lee Jones.
    9/10
    Fashion photographer Laura Mars and her friends are stalked by a killer. Thing is, when the killer strikes she can see through his eyes when he commits the murders. A unique take on the supernatural thriller. Bonus: a lot of great old songs from the 70s in the soundtrack. Including the main title song sung by Barbara Streisand.

upload_2021-10-9_12-43-19.jpeg

Brain-Police and pureMe like this.
  17. The Crowds: New Age.
    October 10.

18. How I became a superhero / french / 4.5

This movie is a whole new type of superhero movie where there is enough superpowers, but is like an ordinary film. I dont know how to explain this properly. But it is NOT the kind of superhero movie Marvel and DC makes. Watching it was a very new experience. I would highly recommend this if you feel like you should try something different from the norm.

19. pureMe

pureMe Fapstronaut

How do you feel if you change every day to a different person after you wake up; girl, old lady, boy, old man, child etc. go and watch the movie › the beauty inside 2015. 7/10

Arun Kumar likes this.
  20. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

It's slowly turning into reality:D

Billybrasco likes this.