1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

yoga, meditation, journals, therapy, i hate these ideas, not too sure why

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FrequencyLimbos, Sep 20, 2021.

Is mental health ignored to the point of creating dangerous people?

1. yes

88.9%
  2. no

11.1%
  1. FrequencyLimbos

FrequencyLimbos Fapstronaut

yoga to me seems more like a girly thing can't lie, meditation just the word is annoying to hear, I'd feel like smacking the person who offered that as a "treatment"
    i hate the idea of being so weak i need to rely on these as well as journals. Therapy would probably be useful, but several years of the health system pissing me about and refusing to offer potential life saving therapies or services has made me antidoctors or antimedical.

hell if i had some potential life threatening injury i might deny help just to make a "point".
    like my mental health would be killing me slowly and i tell them this, no one cares. Oh a stab wound? Jump in the ambulance quick. I hate the medical system.
    i went to A&E some months back following threatening my family or something idk. I don't remember too much about what occurs anymore.

police turn up but i was calmer so they basically advise me to go to A&E, which the police told me someone would see me as they were expecting me. Had to wait 7 hours with Me getting increasingly belligerent. Anyway with all that they just offer me pills, relaxers. On the time i had diazepam and they Saud not to take both but i said i would, and they still gave me the pills, what kind of medical professionals do that?.

i WAS seeing a psychiatric nurse but considering i had to attempt suicide or something for that and it was just once every 2 weeks for only 45 minutes per visit it's pointless.

also as she's a woman i don't feel comfortable opening up about my personal problems or life, just feel like I'm being judged the entire time by a person who can't understand what being a man is like.

2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Mental health system is absolutely inadequate , you're right. There are some difference between nations but in general it is like this.

However i see you have a strong resistance to show your weaknesses and seek help by yourself.
    So as long as you remain stubborn and convinced , things will not change by themselves.

Remember medicals do a difficult profession as mental health to give help, they would really like to help people but the system they are in block them to really be a serious counselor. There is a big difference between helping people and making them harmless

So you must first find a serious help from one specialized figure you like, then ask for help , show your weaknesses.

3. FrequencyLimbos

i think I'll just do it all solo, i have no faith in the medical system anymore, besides i can always pretend to commit suicide by standing on top of a building to force their hand, otherwise it's endless waiting lists and a piss poor effort.

4. FrequencyLimbos

oh as for the resistance to showing weakness, i blame my dad for his lack of emotional and mental support, he just wants to pretend there's no problem ever "i choose not to be mentally ill" is what he says to himself. A lack of a mother obviously doesn't help. In all fairness when i can move out i might beat the sh*t out of him then leave. He's been abusive and neglectful for as long as i can remember. Would hit us, tell me I'm the reason his life is terrible, wished i was gone etc.

I'm old and smart enough to realise he's just a failure at life with mental health problems he hasn't addressed so he takes it out on others, he's effectively a man-child in my opinion.

5. I was on meds from 17 to 21 before throwing them in the garbage. I would not recommend going cold turkey off Depakote, but I survived. While I was withdrawing from that shit I got interested in [censored to reduce reader annoyance levels]. Made a lot of difference for me. The only reason to go to yoga is to meet women. That and lower back pain. Hope you get things figured out.

6. FrequencyLimbos

yeah i assumed yoga was for back pain, i doubt I'd be too good with yoga if i have ass in my face tho lol.

7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I meditate and do yoga but it's not for everyone. Best to find what works for you and by the sounds of things meditation and yoga isn't it. You might find Jordan Peterson and/or Jocko Willink helpful.

8. FrequencyLimbos

i listen to Jordan Peterson alot, I'm subbed on his yt channel, very intelligent man.

9. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Therapy is a fucking joke. I've went there once and the doctors couldn't understand shit about my mental health and they gave me, guess what? Pills. Do they fucking think they can fix someone's problem with some fucking pills? You don't know what I'm going through and you keep giving me pills even though I told them that those pills didn't work.

I swear it looks like only you can save yourself by understanding how your brain works and eliminate all the negative emotions and thoughts your brain generates.

10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Don't underestimate "meditation", think of it like doing weightlifting but for the areas of your brain that help you stay focused, forget about all the esoterical spiritual stuff if you are not into that, also considering it that way you can do very unorthodox ways of meditation.

Also yoga, you can treat them as flexibility exercises, just to master your body in terms of range of movement.

88991s likes this.
  11. Pills are scam refuse them.

For meditation just read the first chapter of Sheldrake book "Science and spiritual pratices".
    I can agree that Yoga, Meditation, ecc..today have been putted inside a giant soup by the new age with books like "How to be happy with 10 min yoga :)" or similar things that are more toilet paper than books. I'm not an expert of yoga and meditation, i know the work if you can do them but basically also the west had his own meditation style that is called Pray moment, and the "Mental pray" that is like the mantras.

SickSicko likes this.