1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Good reminder that we are lucky to be alive and that we should always be focused. Happy that you got out safe from the situation :)

2. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey, I have 16 days, I went right from Orc to Hobbit!

3. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

4. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

5. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Page 1,000 of The Lord of the Rings Challenge thread, wow!

6. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

7. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

I appreciate that friend, thank you.

In our case the scars present themselves in the form of triggers and urges. It is difficult, but once you do come to terms with it, well, there's a comfort and a level of confidence that takes place in your ability to deal. It's also a snowball effect.

On another note, no matter the circumstance, you cannot replace one addiction for another. If you do, nothing will change.

8. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 4

Another good day, I'm big chillin', feeling really good. I had a few urges today but again - like yesterday - I was able to focus on what I was doing yet also acknowledging and accepting my urge without judging it, allowing me to basically ignore the urge and disconnect from it. I spent a little too much time playing games with my friends today so I didn't have much time to work out or go out on my usual walk unfortunately and it also made me miss the first half of my usual group meditation session. But it's fine, I meditated on my own after the rest of the session concluded and I went out into my garden for a while so I could get at least some fresh air. I'm not really all that bothered that I missed a few things on my routine today, it happens sometimes, it's no big deal. I'm big chillin' B-)

9. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@BloomWasTaken love the talking cats. so funny.

10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

No money no honey
    I lent some money to my girlfriend. So that means that money is gone haha. I already said to her she doesn't have to pay me back. I made a risky business today that can give me some money for a couple of months or maybe not.

At January I'll get some money, an inheritance to pay for my medical specialty, if I pass the admission exam, if not, I still have the money.

But right now I'm out of money. At least for dating girls, I have money for paying food, bills, gym. But not money for entertainment. I'm used to live without money. It's been a while do, being a doctor it's a good income source.

It'll be so easy to get a job and win some money, even just a month working I could live easily one full more year without working.

But I probably will have to work for at least 6 months contract and that means less time for studying. So I'll just hang in there until I make my test in March.

This hardship motivates me. I like difficult situations.

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Urges beginning to manifest but I just observe the thought and refocus and redirect my thoughts toward my goals. @RiseToGreatness 1000 pages! Quite the achievement! Good luck, fellowship.

12. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

The thread's going to be longer than the book soon!

13. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 9

It's been kind of a cluster-f today. Bad sleep last night, some frantic completion of a few tasks, drowsy. I haven't really done much for recovery today besides a cold shower. I'll do ten pushups after posting this.

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 5,

First urge in this streak, allowing it to pass through me :)

Best to you all Fellowship

DudeAlex, MS PBH, LuckyMan and 7 others like this.
  16. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

17. Day 4 complete!

Whew, I really fell off the face of the earth for the past couple weeks as far as NoFap is concerned. They haven't been great weeks in terms of progress, but I feel good about this streak. I'm still, now as ever, not giving up.

DudeAlex, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 9 others like this.
  18. MellotronScratch

MellotronScratch Fapstronaut

I can't believe it! I'm arriving at Moria! Wish me luck, for I shall become a noble dwarf; and for this achievement we all must ovecome our strongest demons.
    [​IMG]

DudeAlex, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 11 others like this.
  19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Slept well going to do meditation now .;)
    That's the right way to do it :emoji_thumbsup:and meditation is the best training aid in observing and redirecting thoughts.:)

20. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

Day 65, I am doing pretty good. Everyday overcoming various triggers.
    @RiseToGreatness bro, my streak is the same with yours, don't forget to update my rank.