1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dune(2021)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sammy00, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Sammy00

Sammy00 New Fapstronaut

Has anyone already watched this movie? I watched it yesterday and it's really a masterpiece, 10/10

Revanthegrey, Taylor25 and palindromo like this.
  2. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I plan on it. Read the book years ago so I'm really looking forward to it. Everything looks good in terms of the lore. Aside from just a couple things I noticed in the trailer it all looks quite accurate. But I will find out here soon enough.

3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

If its by Dennis Villeneuve chances are its good.

Taylor25 likes this.
  4. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

6.5/10
    A masterpiece is Bladerunner 2049 or Prometheus , you can see the difference

5. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

have you seen the original movie from the 80's ?

6. Good joke:emoji_joy:

7. Can't go wrong with Blade Runner 2049 and Arrival, though.

kropo82 and FirefromAbove like this.
  8. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Do you advice it to me?

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  9. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

These are masterpiece, come on
    I don't know the plot of this Dune, but the protagonist is really boring and kinda stupid.

In a scene they come out from the sand with the mother and for unbelievable fortune they got rescued by their friend. WHY. Then they go through the desert like it is an easy walk.

His dad tries to self immolate and fails... What a shame for a reigner...

And they are fooled by a doctor. How is it possible for a single man to deactivate the protection of the whole base is absolute irrational.

10. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Bladerunner I can say is very very good but I can't say its a masterpiece, it is fantastic though. Prometheus however, I'd have to give that movie a 1 out of 10. They are trying so hard to be philosophical and intellectual with it you can see the blood vessels on their foreheads bulging. They tried to be sophisticated but it's just pretentious babble.

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  11. skyrimfanpaul

yes, it looks dated obviously but the actor played Moabdib really well. "fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death"

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Not seen it, probably wont. Mainly because of how much I've heard it cuts from the source material.

13. skyrimfanpaul

it (Prometheus) was sub par. i want to see a battlestar galactica movie. that could have three movies ; it could be made by one of the big streaming corps.